GTA 4, playstation 3

beanmike206

beanmike206

whats the point of getting a ps3?

everyone will be getting a xbox 360 for this "episodic content"

have rockstar forgot what console they started with?

(playstation, the first gta on pc dont count)

so what the advantage of getting a playstation 3?

I haven't got a next-gen console yet but I've done alot of research into it to make the right choice.

The impression I've got is that the Xbox 360 is clearly doing better at the moment, with more games and more sales. Then when the PS3 came out, everyone who already got the Xbox 360 got jealous/worried it may over-take their console.

It seems as though once PS3 gets the ball rolling, it will be alot more succesfull, its just struggling against the 360 as it has more games and been out longer. In the past, Sony always came out on top, and I think they'll do it again.

But there is the "Episodic content", this should but good, but it looks like the equivalent of "LC Stories", or "VC stories" if you know what I mean.

So, I'm thinking, if you want a console thats in it for the long run, and you have the money, go for the PS3. But if you want something more affordable, and you want extra downloads, then go for the Xbox 360.

Hayden Stasven
I haven't got a next-gen console yet but I've done alot of research into it to make the right choice.

The impression I've got is that the Xbox 360 is clearly doing better at the moment, with more games and more sales. Then when the PS3 came out, everyone who already got the Xbox 360 got jealous/worried it may over-take their console.

It seems as though once PS3 gets the ball rolling, it will be alot more succesfull, its just struggling against the 360 as it has more games and been out longer. In the past, Sony always came out on top, and I think they'll do it again.

But there is the "Episodic content", this should but good, but it looks like the equivalent of "LC Stories", or "VC stories" if you know what I mean.

So, I'm thinking, if you want a console thats in it for the long run, and you have the money, go for the PS3. But if you want something more affordable, and you want extra downloads, then go for the Xbox 360.

Nicely said. X-Box 360 is a nice alternative if you want an affordable console, especially if you're only getting it for GTA IV. Though if you want a console that will last then go for the PS3.

New account: Hayden.

MysteryGamer

whats the point of getting a ps3?

everyone will be getting a xbox 360 for this "episodic content"

so what the advantage of getting a playstation 3?

Speak for yourself sly.gif not everyone wants an XBOX 360, the main issue I have with the XBOX 360 is how many times it breaks down. It is a good console no doubt but I am not keen to keep replacing it every few months.

Also the XBOX 360 as of now is not getting Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword and Killzone 2.

Playstation 3 all the way for me, I would like to get an XBOX 360 eventually though but Playstation 3 is easily my first choice to get and I will be getting mine in October.

Edit: To be fair the Playstation 3 has more exclusives I am interested in although Bioshock for the XBOX 360 looks awesome.

Edited by MysteryGamer

beanmike206

all i need to know is which one go for

i dont hate xbox,

i just prefer playstations

so in the end

i'll just buy a ps3 anyway :|

they might do the extra content anyway

like 6 months after.....

rahkstar2.gif

Blackadder.

Why don't the ones on PC count? If it weren't for them, GTA IV wouldn't even exist.

The Console they started with was a Playstation (1). The platform it started on was a PC. So if they are to do what you say, they should just ditch PS3/360 and go for PC. Way to twist it to suit your needs.

user posted image

Hayden Stasven

Don't make me pull out a quote. Oops, too late.

Each time SCEI launches a console, the video games business moves to the next level. With PLAYSTATION 3 it looks as if it might be time for interactive entertainment to become, finally, the world's dominant artistic medium."

Sam Houser, President, Rockstar Games (Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.)

Sauce

PS3 - 50GB of data

Xbox DVD - 7GB - No wonder your getting the downloaded content.

With an extra 43GB we probably get it all free plus much much more.

beanmike206

matt27689 has a good point

playstation has blue ray

the only advantage of getting one

is the hd dvd player

people say the xbox is cheaper

but if they want theres to play hd dvd's

they have to buy a hd drive and there about 200 quid

(maybe cheaper now)

PLAYSTATION FTW! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hayden Stasven
PS3 - 50GB of data

Actually Dual-Layer BD vs Dual-Layer DVD is about 50GB:9GB. That's what I first thought when I read about the exclusive downloadable content. Maybe it's just the stuff they can't fit on the disc? tounge.gif

PS3 - 50GB of data

Actually Dual-Layer BD vs Dual-Layer DVD is about 50GB:9GB. That's what I first thought when I read about the exclusive downloadable content. Maybe it's just the stuff they can't fit on the disc? tounge.gif

Thats would be a real funny surprise

but I highly doubt it

I can't imagine MS paying all that much money for nothing exclusive.

As for your dilemma. Get either. Still going to be playing IV at the end of the day.

pykOb.png

Pacrel Focre

Twang of Cauliflower

Why don't the ones on PC count? If it weren't for them, GTA IV wouldn't even exist.

The Console they started with was a Playstation (1). The platform it started on was a PC. So if they are to do what you say, they should just ditch PS3/360 and go for PC. Way to twist it to suit your needs.

You answered your first question with the first two sentences in your second paragraph...are you talking to yourself on the internet?

...teh kicker.

UnitedDestruction
the only advantage of getting one

is the hd dvd player

Well a couple things. Blu-ray doesnt equal HD-DVD. And I personally think the playstation has a lot more to offer. Pictures, Music, Video. USB and card readers. Bluetooth. Playstation Home. Folding@Home (anything for mankind lol). I probably sound like a fanboy, but Im mostly neutral. I would buy a ps3 first if I wasnt so broke, and didnt want to play halo3. People keep downplaying the ps3, but ever since the announcement of its pricedrop sales have increased (like 2400% or something like that, according to amazon), and I think we will start seeing some real competition (and some real worrying from the 360 fanboys) between both consoles. I plan to buy both so that I dont get thrown into some fanboy bandwagon (or miss out on a game that is going to be really good, but of course had to be exclusive). Thats all for now.

Well a couple things. Blu-ray doesnt equal HD-DVD. And I personally think the playstation has a lot more to offer. Pictures, Music, Video. USB and card readers. Bluetooth. Playstation Home. Folding@Home (anything for mankind lol).

Consoles are for gaming in the living room. otherwise just TV-out a PC to your living room's TV if you want the rest. It does things much better, HD is no problem as long as you got upscaling on your graphic card, which even a cheapo 7300/8400 has. I hate Sony trying to market the ps3 as a multimedia living room PC. We want some good games goddamit!

user posted image

user posted image

Dude, I know I might be talking bullsh*t, but I think that the HD-DVD is pretty dead... Man, if you get a dual layer HD-DVD(the XBOX 360 can't read dual layers), it'll be about half of the BD-ROM... And I also think that the PS3 will have avaible content, 'cause it has the PS3 Online Shop and a huge HDD... Also, it rocks cool.gif

PS3. For the Win.

because...........

---------------------------------------

IN MY OPINION statements:

[Legend

>: pwns]

Killzone 2 > Halo3 and Gears

MGS4 > wtf does 360 has that compares to MGS4?

Final Fantasy > Lost Oddasey

--------------------------------------

I admit I am a PS3 Fanboy.

At microsofts e3. they bragged so much about Halo3. It was kind of amusing, lol!

It was also pretty good. Lots of nice trailers. Lets see what Sony has in stores.

well, I hate having to know in the back of my mind that I'd have to use the 3-year warranty IF in case the 3 lights do indeed happen...

so that's my reason really... not so much the games and whatnot~

since games become multi-platform and the 360 exclusives ain't really anything for me to cry about rly tounge.gif

whoopdeedoo for the "episodic content"

as if the PC version ain't going to have it 8)

and everyone knows that GTA is best played in the PC (yep, face it~

+ free online over the 50usd xbl, although free online doesn't generally mean a good online gaming community mind you smile.gif

but yeah... if the 3 rings weren't such a big "issue" as it is, I may have gotten a 360 icon14.gif

4DksF.png

PS3 - 50GB of data

Now for a basic maths lesson: 4.7GB x2 = 9.4GB.

Second of all, both games will have the same content, and it's completely irrelievant that the PS3 has 25-50GBs on a single disc, because there is no way it can actually realistically be used. It won't mean better graphics because the PS3 ain't going to be able to run ultra high detailed games that you might think Blu-Ray would produce. Either can the 360 for that matter (using 'high definition' media).

Also, content = Time + $$$. Don't think for a second that just because 'omg lol bluray 50000000gb of storage lololoo!L!' that the PS3 version will differ from the Xbox360 in any way, whatsoever. They're not going to give one party a whole other game 'plus much much more' just because of so called storage advantages and make the others on a different platform pay for the exact same content. That's just blind optimism.

The Xbox360 version, in addition to the game in full, is getting extra content which is available for an extra cost. End of story, okay?

In plain english, if you want more GTAIV, you have to go for the Xbox 360 because of the downloadable content.

kingofnexus

Now before you take anything as fact I must start by saying I own a ps3 and not a 360.

The reason for choosing? The fact that it has a larger capacity media and HDD for games to use. Graphics for both systems will be the same. However the bd disks can store more data which can be rendered later. GTA IV may not need the space, but whats to say the next installment wont need it? Plus moving things over to the HDD should in theory reduce loading times for games which bother to use it. Plus I wanted all online features available to me without paying a load of money.

Now the x360 has many good points, but for me the ps3 was the choice for me.

On eposodic content - whats to stop R* releasing different stuff for ps3, then maybe down the line making the same content available for both. All prev GTA's have been playstation only, but the xbox got them eventually.

and everyone knows that GTA is best played in the PC (yep, face it~

The man speaks the truth wow.gif

user posted image

user posted image

gamerzworld

Don't make me pull out a quote. Oops, too late.

Each time SCEI launches a console, the video games business moves to the next level. With PLAYSTATION 3 it looks as if it might be time for interactive entertainment to become, finally, the world's dominant artistic medium."

Sam Houser, President, Rockstar Games (Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.)

Sauce

Don't make me pull out a quote. Oops, too late!

Speaking for myself, because of the games out there at the moment, I wouldn't go ahead and spend $600 on one of those machines yet.There's not enough interesting software, unless you really like having an expensive box that shows off graphics on some really uninspiring games, that's your business. -Dan Houser Interviewed by Official PlayStation Magazine Australia

Source

Oh and by the way, you spelled "Source" wrong.

Also, I'm not a fanboy. I respect all consoles. I currently have a Xbox 360 but I'm also saving up to get a PS3.

Edited by gamerzworld

GTAuron 's head explodes from excessive doses of fanboyism

Yes it's E3 time, but come on.

GTAIV isn't the be all and end all for a console. If there is no episodic content or whatever, who cares? There are aother games out there.

the first gta on pc dont count)

Uhh..yes it does.

MGS4 > wtf does 360 has that compares to MGS4?

games that last more than 5 hours?

At microsofts e3. they bragged so much about Halo3. It was kind of amusing, lol!

From what I remember, they put off Halo 'till the very end. What are you talking about?

This is the correct answer. I will be getting it for PC (hopefully).

TheDude5000

Nicely said. X-Box 360 is a nice alternative if you want an affordable console, especially if you're only getting it for GTA IV. Though if you want a console that will last then go for the PS3.

That's a really dumb statement. I've never had a 360 get rings of death and like I said in another topic, none of my 360-owning friends have had it either. They're all still playing their 360's on live all the time with no problems. Idiotic fanboys like to blow hardware issues out of proportion. Why? They're jealous their $600 Blu-Ray player is getting outsold.

Cry me a river. cryani.gif

And at the topic, well it's true the 360 seems to be the platform to choose for your GTA IV copy. I mean, XBL is superior to PSN, and you get exclusive content as well. And if you don't own a next-gen console, why would you pay $100-$300 extra for a PS3 for the same game that's on a much less expensive console, when you're not going to even get the whole GTA IV experience? Hey why do 360 owners and PS3 owners have to fight? Well personally I try not to, but I see a dumb Sony fanboy statement and I really gotta correct the person, but I'm much more irrirated by the Nintendo fanboys than the Sony ones. Let's just laugh at the Nintendo fanboys who won't to get to play GTA period, exclusive content or not. "OH LOOKYH ME IM SWINGING MEH WIIMOTE AND PLAYING BASEBALLZORZ LOL". Ok, I'm playing a revolutionary kick ass pony-farming game that would never be possible on your overclocked Gamecube. And I own a Wii, and that's how I feel. Let's just be happy we PS360 people will be enjoying what could be one of the best games of the decade, and stop bickering about disc space, and no good exclusive games, and hardware failures, and all that.

user posted image

topdogkiller

i guess you proved a point on that. But why are you bashing nintendo if you got a wii man. you might as well sell it dude.

Let's just laugh at the Nintendo fanboys who won't to get to play GTA period, exclusive content or not. "OH LOOKYH ME IM SWINGING MEH WIIMOTE AND PLAYING BASEBALLZORZ LOL". Ok, I'm playing a revolutionary kick ass pony-farming game that would never be possible on your overclocked Gamecube. And I own a Wii, and that's how I feel. Let's just be happy we PS360 people will be enjoying what could be one of the best games of the decade, and stop bickering about disc space, and no good exclusive games, and hardware failures, and all that.

someones angry

user posted image

(had to be posted)

Someone must be jealous/angry that the Wii doesn't break down whenever they take it out of the box.

See how that works, x-bot? Enjoy your Disney and *snickers* Naruto. GTA, Halo and Roster update '07, pushing the industry forward.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.