the simpsons movie

BIG_SAMZ_EF

BIG_SAMZ_EF

this has got to be one of the most anticipated movies in a long time, is anyone looking forward to it? i must admit i had gone off the simpsons but after i saw the new trailer... (spiderpig!) lol, i thought to myself now this is the simpsons at their best, everyone pissed them self in the movies, doesnt matter if your young or old, this movie will have something for everyone.

also livin in australia we get the film on the 26th not the 27th.

just another thug

Well, I am of course very excited. I admit that recently The Simpsons has lost its appeal, but this appears to be The Simpsons at its finest.

user posted image

The trailer made me laugh which Simpsons hasn't made me do since watching Southpark and Family guy.

If it were five years ago, I probably would of gone to see it. But tbh, i've lost all of my fanboyism in the Simpsons. It could be just me maturing or the fact i'm appreciating the great British humour, but man has the Simpsons lost its spark from 10 years ago. Its like they've chosen entertainment over humour.

Somehow I have a feeling that this might bomb terribly or not live up to expectations.

I don't know...hope it does well though

When I first heard about it, I thought, "South Park did it!"

But I love the Simpsons. I'll probably see it. I just hope the "Spider-Pig" part isn't the most funny part in the movie.

Somehow I have a feeling that this might bomb terribly or not live up to expectations.

I do not think that is at all possible. It will definitely do really well and will probably be one of, if not the biggest summer blockbusters. It looks funny as hell from the previews.

Spider-pig, Spider-pig, does whatever a Spider-pig... does.

That was so funny, everybody in the cinema laughed when that trailer came on. biggrin.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

Matt Groening was interviewed about the movie on Richard and Judy yesterday and they showed some new clips from the movie!

Part 1

Part 2

Looks great! biggrin.gif

JoeyLeone25

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=13911

Plenty of 'Simpsons Movie' trailers, TV spots and clips at that site. Including the two that have made me laugh so far; Spider-Pig and the fake 'Chainsaw' gag. This film will fall short I believe, however the legions of 'Simpsonites' will make sure it brings in a hell-ova-lotta money.

Rain Ocampo

The Simpsons has really lost it's appeal to me over the last year or two. Still I'll probably go and see it for old times sake.

The Simpsons has really lost it's appeal to me over the last year or two. Still I'll probably go and see it for old times sake.

Many of them haven't that good, but some episodes in the last two or three years have been better than the best classic episodes, and my friends watching them with me have agreed. It's like they absorbed a whole bunch of the humor and the style from Futurama. Anyone else feel this way? Either way though I think they'll definitely have some good writers working on this movie. This has been years in the making.

Grandthefter

I haven't watched the simpsons in ages but i'm still going to watch the film when i can. The previews have all made me chuckle, so i'm pretty confident that it'll be good

I don't really think we need a Simpson movie. I mean, I'm not against the show and all, it's just that, I think a half hour worth of laughs is good. But an hour and a half? I don't know...If it does poor, I wouldn't be surprised. I hope the show will still go on.

OG-LOC R360
I don't really think we need a Simpson movie. I mean, I'm not against the show and all, it's just that, I think a half hour worth of laughs is good. But an hour and a half? I don't know...If it does poor, I wouldn't be surprised. I hope the show will still go on.

OFF-TOPIC: Does anyone even know there's a Springfield in Vermont?

ON-TOPIC: I'll most likely see it. Apparantly, it will be 75 minutes long.

GTA3Freak-2001

OFF-TOPIC: Does anyone even know there's a Springfield in Vermont?

ON-TOPIC: I'll most likely see it. Apparantly, it will be 75 minutes long.

There's about half a dozen Springfields in the US actually, its just that Vermont won the competition for closet match.

I wasn't really that excited for this until I saw Spider-Pig, Now I can't wait for it.

Yeah! I'm looking forward to it! It has to be good! But something I found REALLY needless: they dub it to finnish x.x. Because of LITTLE CHILDREN! Simpson isn't for children, most of the jokes are something which little children can't understand, or they are too... ehh... Well, You know. And You can't even translate all the jokes as finnish!(e.g. "My name is Homer J. Simpson. The J stands for Jay")

Just got back from seeing it. Great movie. I advise you stay to watch the credits tounge.gif

lolz

Just got back from seeing it. Great movie. I advise you stay to watch the credits tounge.gif

Thank You for the advice biggrin.gif

Capricornus
I am really looking foward to The Simpsons Movie, moreso, I have a strong feeling that it will top the box office in it's debut weekend. I always miss the epsiodes on TV, but I will be going to see this movie.

caprisig.jpg

In my opinion, it's just an extended episode. I felt that there were going to be better jokes/feel like more planning was put into it. But the story/jokes were on the same level as a normal Simpson's episode.

this has got to be one of the most anticipated movies in a long time, is anyone looking forward to it? i must admit i had gone off the simpsons but after i saw the new trailer... (spiderpig!) lol, i thought to myself now this is the simpsons at their best, everyone pissed them self in the movies, doesnt matter if your young or old, this movie will have something for everyone.

also livin in australia we get the film on the 26th not the 27th.

Simpsons fan since 1998! cool.gif

Never missed a Simpsons episode, and never will miss a Simpsons movie!

I live in United States of America, can't wait!

In my opinion, it's just an extended episode. I felt that there were going to be better jokes/feel like more planning was put into it. But the story/jokes were on the same level as a normal Simpson's episode.

Yep I agree, I went into the cinema on the premise that it would be an extended episode, and thats what it turned out to be,

but hey its the simpsons, and its still great no matter what, but I did expect more out of it.

3 out of 5 from me.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

What did you other people think? I'm going to see it no matter what, but I need more European (and possibly Asian and Aussie) reviews.

Can't believe you actually got to see Bart's willy.

Brilliance. biggrin.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.