Freeview problem

matt27689

I live in UK.

Heres how it goes

I got a new TV, I have a crap aerial from an old tv. I bought a new freeview box and my area does get freeview.

I've connected the aerial to the freeview box, then the extra aerial wire from the box to the TV, also connected a scart.

It searches for UHF channels and doesn't find anything. Is it my aerial?

You're going to need something much stronger. A powered UHF aerial may suffice (they go for about £20). But for optimum viewing you need to connect it to either a loft aerial or a rooftop one.

Also bare in mind your location. Trees crap out freeview signals. So if you get a powered aerial get it as high as possible in your room. Also try it in different locations.

pykOb.png

Pacrel Focre

So, you mean move the aerial into different locations, then scan for channels?

Well I was saying if you got a powered aerial. But you can try that with your current one. I doubt it would work.

pykOb.png

Pacrel Focre

Just look for an Aerial company & ask for what they call a "Digital Aerial", normally there will be some people in your local area that will do good deals so have a look around.

Also there are portable Aerials that you can get from Curry's or Comets that are called One For All, I think they were £12 when I got them, they do a really good job on Freeview.

Edited by Vinnie

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.