why is it so hard to give a girlfriend a gift?

cheesemonke1717

cheesemonke1717

i cant get my gift to my girlfriend. or kiss. she turns away from me, moving her arms like people do when they talk in the game. and when she is facing me it wont pop up saying "press tab to give gift".

also cars keep disapearin from my garages. im not putting more than can fit. the beach house in los santos can hold four if u can fit em. i had the nrg500, the faggio, the cheetah, the infernus, and i took ut the cheetah and got a new one on my way back. i saved and nowonly the new cheetah is in there nthing els.

Edited by cheesemonke1717

Don't wait for the game to tell you to press Action (console users don't have Tab and PC users can reconfigure it). Just keep pressing it repeatedly. If you approach the date on foot, she will run up to you and you will already be in position for a gift give and then a kiss.

Garages sometimes eat vehicles. The one you mention wasn't meant to hold all that, which means the cars are going to be further apart than then need to be. If it's outside what the game considers to be the garage cube, it won't remember it.

cheesemonke1717

well, yea i coonfigured it to tab if thats not the default. anyway, wen i played at my friends house i had the same problem, pressing L1 instead of course. and the girl turns around in all sorts of directions, it seems to be luck to get her a gift.

and i was wondering because i had those cars in there for weeks now. ionly used the one. well thx that is helpful though.

I always found that holding the action button helped when giving your girl a present. Just until the cutscene starts.

Of course, on my first attempt I didn't know which button to press, and ended up assaulting her with a bunch of flowers... but lets not go into that. tounge.gif

imut_knight
and when she is facing me it wont pop up saying "press tab to give gift".

you need to hold the gift, in your active item. You can not give a machine gun as a gift biggrin.gif

for example if you want to give a flower select the flower and press the ''action'' button repeatly sly.gif

cheesemonke1717

i know i have it as my item. i know how to do it but its just hard. the girl always faces away. anyway i have a bigger girlfriend problem, barbara (who ive dated to 100% in a previous save file) keeps enjoying my dates with her. she says positive things and i gae her flowers buteach time i finish, it says she wants another date, but then it says i made negative progress. i cant get one date with her i keep reloading. it goes from 15% to 5%. ive done it five times already same thing everytime. i spend a while trying to give her flowers and a kiss and i take her to a diner she likes and i take her home. all seems well. but its not. anyone have any ideas?