Another Rate this PC type

Sickness

So, atm I have a 6 year old Compaq Presario with 632mb ram, a 40gb HD, and an Intel graphics card. So I'm planning on upgrading soon, and heres what I've planned.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)

2GB Ram

300GB HD

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

Thats basically all the main things I know of on it. I'm planning on running games like ArmA on highest settings. Is that possible?

Edit: Thats what comes in the pc, I can't change any of it.

Fozzy Fozborne

If the best tech today is a 10, that PC would be a 9. It is very good, but not quite the top of the line available right now.

I'd also give it a 9, it should be able to play most games on the highest settings.

Yay. Looking forward to playing ArmA. Anyone here play ArmA? Btw, thanks for the info guys.

Don't get an E6600. Get an E6420 and a good motherboard anda overclock it. You'll still get the same performance, if not better. Spend the rest on getting another piece of hardware better. like a GTX instead of a GTS

user posted image

user posted image

So, atm I have a 6 year old Compaq Presario with 632mb ram, a 40gb HD, and an Intel graphics card. So I'm planning on upgrading soon, and heres what I've planned.

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4GHz)

2GB Ram

300GB HD

Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 640mb

Thats basically all the main things I know of on it. I'm planning on running games like ArmA on highest settings. Is that possible?

Edit: Thats what comes in the pc, I can't change any of it.

I would give it an 8, why you say? It's not quad core, nor is the cpu overclocked. 4 gb of high quality ram is good and clocked well. Sound card? Who knows? What about the motherboards quality and features? Is the case well ventilated or cooled? Hard drive speeds and sizes? Quality of card with the 8800 gpu? Also, the 768mb is better plus overclocking. The quality and strength of the power supply and the speed and quality of your optical drives. What about the OS included?

I know this is harsh but a 9 seems too high for a pre-built pc we know very little about.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.