I broke my car.

eyeswideshut

eyeswideshut

Its actually my moms car. I thought itd be fun to drift last night and so I did a little and it went well. It was raining and I had a 152hp 2007 Dodge Caliber. After the drifting we were going around the circle right near my house and I try to use my brakes and well they didnt work so I try to turn away and before I know it im up and down a curb. Then the car starts smoking and I think its the engine and when I get out and check the passenger side well lets just say the tire was completely sideways. I bent my A arm and knocked a bolt loose on something, I just forgot what it was called but anyway my night didnt go as planned. Ive had my license for less than a month now and Ive already been in an accident that will cost me a pretty penny. Just thought Id share with you guys.

*gta star*

Unlucky, but don't drift in one of them, they aren't good for it. Sure you've learned your lesson the hard way, if you want to drift, get a Subaru or something. smile.gif

You probably damaged your 'Wishbone', or 'Wheel bearings'.

if you want to drift, get a Subaru or something. smile.gif

No, no, no. If you want to drift, get a f*cking clue first.

user posted image

SIP YEK NOD

well done, chap.

trying to drift on a public street in your parents vehicle a month after getting your liscence. you are the justification for high insurance costs for you age group.

user posted image

silvermanblue

Meh its under warranty, take it the dealership and say its their fault. sarcasm.gif

Edited by silvermanblue

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

Meh its under warranty, take it the dealership and say its their fault.

How exactly would you explain such damage?

"Uh... yeah, this cat, it ran out in front of the car, and then the curb turned into some evil magnet, and before we knew it, our car was smashed."

Dealerships don't just fix sh*t without knowing what caused it, ESPECIALLY when the vehicle is damaged from a family's dickwad son trying to go all 2 Fast 2 Furious with their FWD ugly car/hatch/crossover-thing.

user posted image

silvermanblue

Again I forgot the sarcasim smiley...DOH!

Leone Family Mafia

Lol, well you're just an idiot man. Don't f*cking drift in your parents car for starters.

Secondly, don't drift in a Caliber.

Third. You're an idiot lol.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Guybrush Threepwood
well done, chap.

trying to drift on a public street in your parents vehicle a month after getting your liscence. you are the justification for high insurance costs for you age group.

Sadly, it's registered in his mother's name, and insurance is most likely on her too. So she'll probably get the insurance to cover it, and if not, I seriously doubt he could afford the repairs.

I tells ya, kids these days don't know what the hell.

On a sidenote: I'm calling bullsh*t.

I highly doubt someone with his license for only a month could drift to begin with. And even if he could, he would have a hard time in a car with electronic AWD.

Goon_Sig.jpg

I highly doubt someone with his license for only a month could drift to begin with.

Well obviously he couldn't do it too well, since he crashed it biggrin.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

SIP YEK NOD

Meh its under warranty, take it the dealership and say its their fault.

How exactly would you explain such damage?

"Uh... yeah, this cat, it ran out in front of the car, and then the curb turned into some evil magnet, and before we knew it, our car was smashed."

Dealerships don't just fix sh*t without knowing what caused it, ESPECIALLY when the vehicle is damaged from a family's dickwad son trying to go all 2 Fast 2 Furious with their FWD ugly car/hatch/crossover-thing.

technically, it would be a move out of three thrast, three thurious, but whatever.

On a sidenote: I'm calling bullsh*t.

I highly doubt someone with his license for only a month could drift to begin with. And even if he could, he would have a hard time in a car with electronic AWD.

"tried" to drift, as in turned really hard late in the turn, and understeered into a curb.

ps. just because its on his mothers insurance doesn't mean its not going on his record, and is going to affect her insurance rates as long as he is listed as a co-driver, and his insurance rates once he gets insurance.

user posted image

*gta star*

Yeah, but you need to try drifing before you can get a 'clue'.

wink.gif

Organic Zero

Yeah, but you need to try drifing before you can get a 'clue'.

wink.gif

i think he's trying to point out where he should try doing it....

Well f*cking done.

Don't drift in your parents car. Especially when it's a piece of sh*t FWD Dodge Caliber. Dodge wouldn't know a good handling car if it slapped them in the face (Maybe Viper, eh?) OH and don't drift. This isn't Hollywood.

OH GOD, this so reminds me of that 'teruno_drifta77' guy or whatever it was. He took his mum's crappy minivan and drove it into a ditch. He was like 12 and he pretty much got off it scott free. Man, good times, good times. Tempted to go get that thread for some reference powah.

silvermanblue

I have done a little drifting in rain slicked parking lots in my jeep cherokee, not a lot of risk involved because its wet. But I have practiced and I have gotten pretty good with it. But basicly what im saying to begin with, I own my car so If I do F-up the only person it hurts is myself.

Leone Family Mafia

SIP YEK NOD
Dodge wouldn't know a good handling car if it slapped them in the face (Maybe Viper, eh?)

you wouldn't know a dodge if it ran you over.

the caliber is on the same platform as the lancer. down there it even has the same option for VW diesel engine and Nissan CVT tranny. they are essentially the same vehicle.

user posted image

Dodge wouldn't know a good handling car if it slapped them in the face (Maybe Viper, eh?)

you wouldn't know a dodge if it ran you over.

the caliber is on the same platform as the lancer. down there it even has the same option for VW diesel engine and Nissan CVT tranny. they are essentially the same vehicle.

Well, platform sharing doesn't mean the ride/handling will be the same. Dodge would have set up their own car.

From a quick google with 'handling' 'dodge' and 'caliber'

The Caliber’s handling matches its discontented drivetrain. Despite an independent rear suspension, the car displays all the grace of a sumo wrestler on figure skates. At the risk of inflicting metaphor overload, the tiller provides less feedback than a bumper car, with precisely none of the fun. And when it’s time for the “fun” to stop, the base model’s rear drums sound the death knell for pre-disc technology; though hopefully not for the car’s occupants.

Source

The reviewer didn't sound very happy with the drivetrain.

SIP YEK NOD

The Caliber’s handling matches its discontented drivetrain. Despite an independent rear suspension, the car displays all the grace of a sumo wrestler on figure skates. At the risk of inflicting metaphor overload, the tiller provides less feedback than a bumper car, with precisely none of the fun. And when it’s time for the “fun” to stop, the base model’s rear drums sound the death knell for pre-disc technology; though hopefully not for the car’s occupants.

Source

The reviewer didn't sound very happy with the drivetrain.

lol, yeah, i probably should have done a little research before that statement, but hey, here's a quiz, does this come from the lancer or caliber reveiw:

The [censored] is just an awful little car to pilot, for sportster and commuter alike. In the pursuit of a compliant ride, Mitsu has fitted the base car with a suspension made out of Twinkies. Potholes send the car bucking in a fit of confusion. And then there’s body roll. Lots and lots of body roll. Quick turns? Out of the question. (Fast corners make you their bitch.) Within minutes of assuming command, my need for speed did recede. I gave up trying to do anything more than get from Point A to Point B in the space of a single day.

The [censored]’s all-new 2.0-liter engine is rated at 152 horses (at an unattainable 6000 rpm). I swear a quarter have bolted for greener pastures. A wide open throttle simply kicks the CVT's droning tone up a notch. This isn’t about being a boy-racer. It’s about needing a sign to apologize to drivers while attempting merges.

What really sucks the life out of the [censored] (and sucks in general): its continuously variable transmission. Unless you opt for the top-o-the-line GTS with fake shift points, the CVT is forever locked into penalty mode. It's no fun at all.

ouch

Edited by SIP YEK NOD
user posted image

Mitsubishi! lol.gif 'GTS' and 'Mitsu' give it away! tounge.gif

I think those two are not cars I should even set foot close to. We haven't got the new generation Lancer over here, apart from in disgusting Dodge from, of course! sly.gif

Off topic much?

anuj_cop.gif

Not all Dodge's handle poorly, the caliber on the other hand, does.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

OH GOD, this so reminds me of that 'teruno_drifta77' guy or whatever it was. He took his mum's crappy minivan and drove it into a ditch. He was like 12 and he pretty much got off it scott free. Man, good times, good times. Tempted to go get that thread for some reference powah.

Lol I scrolled through nearly every page to find THIS!

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

Black-hawk

Lesson: unless you have 2 years of experienced driving behind your back don't drive new cars. Crapboxes from the 90's are made for beginner drivers.

user posted image

Guybrush Threepwood
Lesson: unless you have 2 years of experienced driving behind your back don't drive new cars. Crapboxes from the 90's are made for beginner drivers.

That's some pretty useless advice buddy. I got into a new car when I got my license, and I've never had an accident or a ticket at 55k KM a year for the last five years. Of my friends only one ever got into a minor accident, and the rest didn't crash and burn either.

The car isn't the problem... it's the driver. He would've crashed a nineties car too. Hell, he'd have crashed a skelter or a go-kart.

He probably got his license because he kept crashing his bicycle and couldn't keep up with the repair bill.

Luckily, I'm seperated from him by an ocean, and I'm pretty confident he can't drive across that. I feel sorry for all the americans who might have to deal with cockwipes like him on the road.

Goon_Sig.jpg

Luckily, I'm seperated from him by an ocean, and I'm pretty confident he can't drive across that.

Theres always a Ferry. wow.gif

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

Guybrush Threepwood
Luckily, I'm seperated from him by an ocean, and I'm pretty confident he can't drive across that.

Theres always a Ferry. wow.gif

Yeah, I've considered placing an ad in Soldier Of Fortune for a battlefleet to check incoming ferries. But the prices they charge, eek! sad.gif

Goon_Sig.jpg

That's some pretty useless advice buddy. I got into a new car when I got my license, and I've never had an accident or a ticket at 55k KM a year for the last five years. Of my friends only one ever got into a minor accident, and the rest didn't crash and burn either.

The car isn't the problem... it's the driver. He would've crashed a nineties car too. Hell, he'd have crashed a skelter or a go-kart.

He probably got his license because he kept crashing his bicycle and couldn't keep up with the repair bill.

Luckily, I'm seperated from him by an ocean, and I'm pretty confident he can't drive across that. I feel sorry for all the americans who might have to deal with cockwipes like him on the road.

Yeah but I advised that with the conscious that he will crash it at some point. Better a useless sh*tbox than a new car, 'nahmeen? I'm getting a license soon, and my Dad is offering me a 2000 3 series. Not new, but not that crappy.

You know what? No thanks, because I know that I'll mess it up, be it scratches, bumping something and that jazz, new cars are better suited for experienced drivers. Getting those minor damages fixed on a Chrysler Stratus or Ford Scorpio is way cheaper than a Renault or something along those lines. Well here anyway.

Edited by Black-hawk
user posted image

My father's been driving for around 30 years and he hasn't crashed yet. It's the driver, he was stupid enough to drift in his mothers car and crashed.

eyeswideshut

The thing does handle poorly. And Ive been driving for longer, illegally of course, in my friends 89 mustang and other cars, Ive been driving manual cars since I was 12 years old. But yeah it was stupid but fun while it lasted. Car is back now, good as new and im out $3300.

P.S. The day after my friend with the 89 crashed his 01 Mustang GT, he hit a deer.

Edited by eyeswideshut

lurchseesu420

My dad wrecked his first car, an Austin-Healey 100/6 ex race car, when he was 17, 4 day's after he got it. It was raining and he was driving too fast. It flew up a hill, slid off, and landed upsidedown with the trunk on a bigass rock. Really lucky since if it had landed flat he would have most likely been dead what with no roll.

The moral is that when something like this happens. you should get up, dust your self off, admit that you're a stupid idiot, and thank god that you lived to talk about.

Also it could be a lot worse Eyes Wide Shut. Be glad it wasn't more serious. You got lucky.

New account

• 2 weeks later...
ummmmm lets just say i hope your mom didint already find out.oh and post a pic of the wreked car.
user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.