Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Tuners
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    2. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    3. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. Bugs*

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    6. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Boxing Discussion


Attorney General
 Share

Mayweather vs McGregor  

27 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Mayweather
      21
    • McGregor
      6


Recommended Posts

Pacquiao Thurman.

 

I thought Manny was going to retire soon guess not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Billy Russo

I can't believe we've reached a point where YouTube people are having a professional Boxing fight at the Staples Center. I feel so old.

 

source.gif

 

I guess a positive is that it's bringing a lot new eyes on the Sport, but if they stay around or not remains to be seen. I highly doubt it honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

I can't believe we've reached a point where YouTube people are having a professional Boxing fight at the Staples Center. I feel so old.

 

source.gif

 

I guess a positive is that it's bringing a lot new eyes on the Sport, but if they stay around or not remains to be seen. I highly doubt it honestly.

I didn't watch it. It's a bit of a circus but it does bring a lot of attention to boxing. Idk if we'll see more youtubers do it or be successful doing it. Whoever does it next would look like a copycat unless it's an MMA fight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Billy Russo
2 minutes ago, Zello said:

I didn't watch it. It's a bit of a circus but it does bring a lot of attention to boxing. Idk if we'll see more youtubers do it or be successful doing it. Whoever does it next would look like a copycat unless it's an MMA fight.

It's on YouTube right now if you're interested. Not sure if the link works over in the States.

 

 

I watched the fight, and it's about what you'd expect from two young inexperienced boxers having their professional debut. Pretty wild & scrappy. I was actually surprised by how long they went at it though, I know it's only 6 rounds but it does take balls to get in there with no headgear and box for real. Logan got a bit dirty at one point hitting whilst KSI was down, so he had points deducted, and there is a bit of drama over that. KSI looked to have more power behind his punches, but was widly swinging a lot of the time. Logan came across a bit more technical and better trained, but let things get in to his head & get caught up in the moment which was his downfall. KSI deserved the win for sure.

 

Not sure if it'll actually benefit Boxing in anyway, but it wasn't as awful as I was expecting. I'm a pretty casual Boxing watcher, I like the big fights, so I'm not fully in a place to comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Didn't know Jake Paul had a fight. This YouTube fighting thing brings something different to Celebrity fights usually D list celebrities do that stuff and it's a joke at least these guys are trying to make it more real.

 

I don't really see a point to them though they aren't fighting for belts or anything just bragging rights and money.

Edited by Zello
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone watching the Fury- Wilder fight? I'm going with Wilder.

 

 

Fury won, sh*t was over after round 2 lol.

Edited by Zello
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

They're rematching soon, and if Fury wins again AJ has agreed to fight him.

 

 

I fully expect Fury to win again. IMO he's 2-0 against Wilder right now. That first fight was complete domination aside from two rounds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

 

 

Anybody watch the Davis - Santa Cruz fight?

 

That Knockout was beautiful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

 

rXSoYuY.jpg

 

Q7IezgE.jpg

 

bNXRNeE.jpg

 

seen here Mike Tyson ready for his exhibition match against Roy Jones, Jr.

 


 

Edited by Craigsters

"You don't understand! I could've had class. I could've been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

                                                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                                                                                           On the Waterfront 1954 M.Brando

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

You knew Nate Robinson was in trouble when he came out wearing Knick colors.

 

I always LOL at these pro athletes who think they can step into a ring. News flash: street fighting ain't boxing, a science that takes years to master.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jake Paul is crazy thinking that Conor McGregor will fight him but part of me wants to see it anyway. He needs to fight some real boxers first though. They really need to start giving these youtubers belts lmao.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just came here to say f*ck Jake Paul

Edited by EliteGamer_6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anybody watch the Errol Spence Jr vs Garcia fight? It was good to see some real boxing again after that joke of a fight with Nate Robinson and Jake Paul. Happy for Errol Spence coming off that car accident and winning.

 

But speaking of jokes. Mayweather is actually going to fight Logan Paul.

Edited by Zello
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Zello said:

Anybody watch the Errol Spence Jr vs Garcia fight? It was good to see some real boxing again after that joke of a fight with Nate Robinson and Jake Paul. Happy for Errol Spence coming off that car accident and winning.

 

But speaking of jokes. Mayweather is actually going to fight Logan Paul.

yh watched it

 

to be fair exhibition matches are a part of boxing and its history, nothing more than an exhibition match for a retired mayweather, its for entertainment and money, I see people outraged but its not that deep, floyd will probs go easy on him but kinda hope not lol

-----------------------------------------------------------

Are there any match ups people wanna see?

 

I still wanna see:

 

WIlder VS AJ

AJ VS Fury

TCrawford VS Errol Spence (big match)

Tank Davis VS Ryan Garcia

Connor VS PACMAN

Edited by LL Cool L
edit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

canelo-smith.jpg

 

Big fight this weekend

 

Smith's gonna have to keep it at range for this one, wouldn't surprise me if wins the first few rounds, he's a massive SMW

 

But Canelo will get inside eventually and brup him up big style, work the body, get Callums hands down, BANG, R9 KO

 

what do youse think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canelo is gonna win but I want to see him lose because I don't like him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Zello said:

Canelo is gonna win but I want to see him lose because I don't like him.

 

What's your issue with Canelo?

usZpdN9.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Halal Cyborg

As an Englishman you might imagine I was completely behind Joshua but having met Usyk when he stayed in my hotel for the Chisora bout & seen the unanimous predictions for a Joshua win from all of our pundits I was hoping this might happen.

Usyk is one of the all time greats surely?

 

The fact he’s done to Joshua what he did to Chisora in a more convincing fashion if anything shows Chisora is better than people might think.

 

I remember after the Chisora victory the pundits immediately turned to saying how he won’t beat a proper heavyweight like Joshua 😂 

 

The only disappointed for me here is Fury won’t be able to prove himself against Joshua after all the talk.

Edited by Halal Cyborg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not a big boxing fan by any stretch of the imagination but man, Joshua for me is one of the most overhyped British athletes I've seen in my lifetime. Every time I watch him he struggles through fights and doesn't look particularly good and it was the same story again. He benefitted from boxing's archaic belt system, otherwise he'd never be a world champion. He'd never beat Fury and probably wouldn't beat Wilder.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonely-Martin

Oh, Fury would destroy AJ. The only way Fury loses is by beating himself and returning to dark places. But if he keeps his head, he'd be the best natural beast of a fighter this country has seen for a long time. 

 

AJ don't want it, he wants the money but not the fight. He only got vocal about wanting Fury after Fury got tied up in court for his mandatory. It's like a lil' bitch only acting like he wants a fight once the police have turned up and keeping both parties apart and it can't happen. That's AJ in all this.

 

Then again, I am just a casual watcher and could have missed facts as, aside some funny Fury shenanigans, I don't tend to pay too much attention to the media aspects. Who wants to watch the Hern bloke chat sh*t with his well prepared stubble, lol. Just an Englishman wanting fellow Englishmen to do well in whatever we play/do really, but easily Fury over AJ. More relatable fella.

 

IMHO, AJ knows he'd lose so needs to win the rematch to have any clout in getting half that Fury purse if ever AJ/Fury happens, otherwise Fury gets to call the shots, which would really piss AJ off. Trouble for AJ is, this fella last night looked like he's got more in the tank and the nous to adjust, seemed like he/his team knew AJ was done and reigned it in a bit so as not to show all his cards so to speak already preparing for the rematch. AJ is too manufactured to alter his fight mid-match.

 

Then again, Fury would probably just give AJ half just to make it happen regardless just to shut him up. 🤣

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm not a big boxing fan by any stretch of the imagination but man, Joshua for me is one of the most overhyped British athletes I've seen in my lifetime. Every time I watch him he struggles through fights and doesn't look particularly good and it was the same story again. He benefitted from boxing's archaic belt system, otherwise he'd never be a world champion. He'd never beat Fury and probably wouldn't beat Wilder.

 

Reminds me of Lewis Hamilton really. Just benefitted from no real competition with his car that only he could lose. The 2 times he's been challenged proper, he loses his head a bit as it doesn't go as scripted. Lewis lost the last time he was challenged (by his teammate), and Max is pushing him into dirty tactics this year, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Reminds me of Lewis Hamilton really. Just benefitted from no real competition with his car that only he could lose. The 2 times he's been challenged proper, he loses his head a bit as it doesn't go as scripted. Lewis lost the last time he was challenged (by his teammate), and Max is pushing him into dirty tactics this year, lol.

 

All the great drivers have benefitted from driving the best cars here and there, I aint too harsh on Lewis for that. I actually put Lewis as one of the all time British greats my self to be honest even though he rarely gets mentioned in those conversations in my experience, for what he's achieved over his career, you can say he's got the best car or w/e but to do it year in year out for over a decade now isn't easy. Plus it's easy to forget his early years where he came out flying and competing with the best and beating them on many occasions. His early career stats in a car that wasn't the best are unreal really. He's got a load of truly great drives that are down to him and not the car as well, and his skills in the rain are incredible and that's nothing to do with the car.

 

But yea, the AJ hype has always felt sorta fake to me. He always seems to come into fights with the wrong tactics or in the wrong shape and I genuinely just don't think he's a particularly great boxer. He would not know what to do with Fury, but I doubt he'll ever fight him now cause why would Fury bother? It's a shame cause at one point it would have probably been the biggest British fight ever... although when it was going to happen it would've taken place in the Middle East which was pathetic really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonely-Martin
19 minutes ago, Jason said:

 

All the great drivers have benefitted from driving the best cars here and there, I aint too harsh on Lewis for that. I actually put Lewis as one of the all time British greats my self to be honest even though he rarely gets mentioned in those conversations in my experience, for what he's achieved over his career, you can say he's got the best car or w/e but to do it year in year out for over a decade now isn't easy. Plus it's easy to forget his early years where he came out flying and competing with the best and beating them on many occasions. His early career stats in a car that wasn't the best are unreal really. He's got a load of truly great drives that are down to him and not the car as well, and his skills in the rain are incredible and that's nothing to do with the car.

 

Yeah, you're probably right. I have overlooked his rookie years to be fair. I used to love F1 as a kid but it's gotten so boring until this season where we get 2 teams really fighting. The sport needs so much more of that and if Lewis can overcome real challenges, I'll give him his due.

 

I do agree his talent in the rain is there to be seen. But strongly feel he's just not been good aside the rookie years as, like you say, the way only one team tends to have the fastest and makes them all but unbeatable. I wouldn't call Man Utd good if they won 7 titles in a short time if the nearest competition was a league 2 team. That's how it feels too much in F1. Anyway, back to boxing, lol. I just see comparisons is all.

 

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

But yea, the AJ hype has always felt sorta fake to me. He always seems to come into fights with the wrong tactics or in the wrong shape and I genuinely just don't think he's a particularly great boxer. He would not know what to do with Fury, but I doubt he'll ever fight him now cause why would Fury bother? It's a shame cause at one point it would have probably been the biggest British fight ever... although when it was going to happen it would've taken place in the Middle East which was pathetic really.

 

Totally agree, and as you said, they were talking of taking the fight to Saudi Arabia or wherever and that would have just been a real shame. 

 

To me, it does seem more a thing AJ's team would want more than Fury's, but that's just me speculating. Fury just comes across as a fighter first and one with that English pride built in that he'd want to fight here for top honours more than Vegas or Saudi for the money. 

 

That or Fury has truly mastered the PR/media side of things and is being cute, lol. He really has a natural comfort just being himself and comes across as so genuine. Plus he owns his issues and shortcomings which helps him be seen as more down to earth, all while being a bit of an animal. He knows when to turn on that charm while knowing when yo get into fight mode and being more a natural born fighter, he needs less training on how to adjust in a match. The only way to put it is 'natural' you know? 

 

Be interesting to see if AJ can win the rematch as I think that's a bigger stumbling block than he expected. Be nice to have the Fury/AJ fight while both in their prime though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lonely-Martin
23 minutes ago, Halal Cyborg said:

3ef4bbe37dcac8881c2267db6b879db1.jpg
 

 

 

 

Lol. I'd sooner drop 3 points than 3 belts though. 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Halal Cyborg
8 hours ago, Jason said:

 

All the great drivers have benefitted from driving the best cars 

Michael Schumacher never had the best car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

having "the best car" is a strange critique for a race driver imo.....if it were an issue everyone would drive the same car

 

also I think people are being a little harsh on AJ, the 1 Ruiz fight shocked him and knocked some genuine fear into him, the second fight he was cautious and not convincing, he "fought smart" which ultimately is not his style, he is a power brawler at his best, again against a very technical Usyk he tried to be cautious and it did not work at all, not once did he play to his strengths and was simply outboxed

 

we are not giving enough credit to Usyk who is an elite fighter to trains with Lomancheko or however you spell it 

 

I think it would have been a great match-up against Fury which he could have won! but that's a confident AJ, now, not so much, still would like to see it AND him and Wilder

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.