Boxing Discussion

Attorney General

Mayweather vs McGregor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Mayweather
    • McGregor

Hopefully it wont be. He should have 1 more fight before he targets mayweather

If Mayweather beats Ortiz and Pacquiao beats Marquez a spring 2012 fight between Mayweather and Pacquiao has to happen surely.

Well, thats what we all want to see of course.

Attorney General

Agreed, Darrel.

Kahn seems to be improving significantly with each camp he's had with Roach. But if I were his promoter, I'd be more than a little apprehensive to throw him in there with Mayweather right now. He's not ready. He could probably use 2 or 3 more fights against stiff competition before a fight of that magnitude. Plus, he's a star in England, so why risk jeopardizing his immense marketability (not to mention his health and promising future in the sport) with a beating at the hands of Floyd.

I'd say Juan Manuel Marquez or Robert Guerrero (should he beat Maidana) would be pretty good tests for him at this point. Obviously, Tim Bradley should be in the fold as well, whenever he decides to stop being a pussy.

I would much rather see Mayweather vs Pacquiao. That would defintley be one of the best welterweight bouts of all time and I would defintley pay £15 for it (that's if it's on Box office)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah i love them, Looking forward to the 3rd episode. Although i'm a huge Mayweather fan Ortiz has grown on me, after the fight i'll be a follower of his, loads of respect for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty disgusted by Floyd Mayweather. Victor Ortiz showed immaturity by headbutting Floyd Mayweather, but Floyd showed even more immaturity by throwing two big sucker punches.

I dont even know why Victor headbutted him, he was always going to take right hands from mayweather, but he was landing a few of his own, he was pressuring floyd. Stupid end to what might have been a good match up

I'll preface this by saying that I think Mayweather, as a person, is a massive scumbag. As a boxer, though, he's masterful. And while this definitely wasn't the most desirable result, I think it was legit.

At 0:31, Cortez tells them "let's go" and claps his hands. He then looked toward the timekeeper to tell him or her to start the clock. This is pretty much standard procedure. So while I think you can say that what Floyd did was dirty(to hit a guy so quickly after an apology clinch), you can't say it was illegal. First rule in the book is to protect yourself at all times.

But yeah, I totally agree with you that this was a sh*tty end to a fight that looked like it was just heating up.

Spot on AG. Initially I was under the impression that it was illegal, but after re-watching the footage numerous times, it does seem completely legal and probably wouldn't be too much of a talking point if Cortez managed to get the timekeeper's attention quicker!

Also the interview was somewhat of a 'scumbag' move, but I don't think much of the 'knock-out'. If anything, it showed Ortiz's inexperience, he made a mistake, apologised and should have started boxing again, instead he felt guilty and continued to apologise when he should have been defending himself for the final seconds.

Man, I can't find the video anywhere. And people wonder why boxing isn't popular.

• 1 month later...
Who will be watching Pacquiao Vs Marquez III this weekend then?

I'll be watching, for the most part because I am looking forward to Tim Bradley vs Casamayor on the undercard, but I'm sure I'll be able to stay awake for Manny and Manuel's third fight (should be around 3 or 4am here in the UK). Honestly though, I expect nothing more than twelve rounds of dominance from the Pac-Man, as again, at this very moment, the only boxer who can match him is Floyd Mayweather.

Yeah! That should be a good one.

Well i hope its a good fight.. like the first two wars. But yeah, i cant see Marquez winning this one. Although i think he will have a good few moments. Mid - late stoppage by the pacman

I'm probably going to record it. Pac-man will win every round so I don't think it's worth staying up, well actually I might still be up by that time but I'll be on my Xbox tounge.gif

I hope its a war. After some of the terrible ending to fights recently. (Ortiz & Mayweather) (Hopkins & Dawson) this needs to be a good fight.

Marquez looked in great shape at weigh in.

No, i dont fight, but have trained.

I think marquez should of took this one. He was hitting manny with combos. countering him. He was not very aggressive, but he caught pac-man coming in all the time, knocking him off balance. Pacquiao landed more, but in my opinion juan marquez landed the better shots, and combos. He fought a smart fight.

I am a big pacquiao fan but he looked really one dimensional here. He has not looked good since he fought shane mosley.

Are any of you guys pugilists or do you just watch the sport?

Nar, I train with Pro Boxers/MMA fighters, but I compete in neither (and from the looks of the guys I train with, I'm glad I don't fight Amateur/Semi-Pro/Pro!).

Marquez vs Pacquiao fight to me was six of one and half a dozen of the other, I think it could have gone either way to be honest, and as boxing (well, casual) fan I'd probably have to say that I thought a draw (114-114) would have been fair. Now Manny, do you go for Floyd or a fourth fight with Marquez?...

Aurdley Harrison wants Tyson Fury for his comeback fight. Tyson Fury is due to fight in January at Blackpool so Harrison is a strong contender for fighting Fury in January. Fury is set to be fighting at The Madison Square Garden on St Paddy's Day.

I would hate to see Manny v Marquez again. I think Manny should just go for Floyd Mayweather, it's the only thing all us boxing fans want to see.

Mayweather jr is set to fight on May 5th at the MGM so maybe that will be when we see Pacquiao v Mayweahter jr.

Edited by Tommy.

Aurdley Harrison wants Tyson Fury for his comeback fight. Tyson Fury is due to fight in January at Blackpool so Harrison is a strong contender for fighting Fury in January. Fury is set to be fighting at The Madison Square Garden on St Paddy's Day.

Terrible news, while it may seem like a step-forward for Fury, I personally believe it'll be two steps backwards for the young Heavyweight. At the moment he is looking good, but he has a lot of inconsistencies in his game, and the last thing he needs is to be fighting yet another past it Heavyweight. If Tyson wants to up his game and fight one of the Klitchko's in the next five years, then he needs to start choosing increasingly harder opponents, whilst also heavily improving his game and focusing upon the big chinks in his armour (his shocking defence, for one).

The Scottish Guy

Pacquiao will definitely come out victorious against Mayweather (if this actually eventually happens). P has such a lightning bolt reaction speed compared to M. You can discuss this till the 2012 doomsday (be prepared for christian extremists lol) but my green will be on Pacquiao.

Terrible news, while it may seem like a step-forward for Fury, I personally believe it'll be two steps backwards for the young Heavyweight. At the moment he is looking good, but he has a lot of inconsistencies in his game, and the last thing he needs is to be fighting yet another past it Heavyweight. If Tyson wants to up his game and fight one of the Klitchko's in the next five years, then he needs to start choosing increasingly harder opponents, whilst also heavily improving his game and focusing upon the big chinks in his armour (his shocking defence, for one).

I agree man. Aurdley is way past it and Tyson would destroy him anyway.

Scottish guy, I'm really not sure who would win but I would give Mayweather jr the edge. Pacquiao hasn't been in great form lately but then again, both fighters will up their game for the big bout (thats if it happens)

of course it will happen, there is so much $ to be made out of it for both boxers !

Audley Harrison is a joke, the guy needs to be told he's sh*t and should probably just do pantomine or some other sh*t instead.

Tyson Fury, what an epic name, is it really that? or something he's changed, like instead of Albert Jones? or Dick Smith.

I've enjoyed seeing a lot of boxing on tv through boxnation tv channel too bad its soon notgoing to be free to watch.

Well his name is Luke Tyson Fury but everyone just calls him Tsyon Fury because it sounds better tounge.gif

Anyone watching Martin Murray vs Felix Sturm on Friday? It's for the Middleweight title. I think Murray is going to have to be on form to beat Sturm but I do think Murray can do it, he just can't be reckless going forward. If he does then Sturm will catch him everytime and it will be over inside the first five rounds but I think this will be decided on points and it's important Murray wins the first few rounds. Sturm was taken the distance by Macklin so we know Sturm can be taken the distance but like I said, Murray needs to win the first rounds. If he does then he stands a real chance.

Amir Khan is fighting Lamont Peterson in Washingston D.C. Now I've being watching a few videos on Peterson and he looks a guy who can beat Khan. He only has one loss and one draw so I think he stands a good chance against Khan but Khan has been on form lately so this will be a great fight. I still think Khan will win but it's not going to be easy.

Wladimir Klitschko is fighting Jean-Marc Mormeck, Personally I think this is going to end up Klitschko winning by knockout. I'll be honest though, I haven't seen much of Mormeck so he pull off a shock win but going by Wladimir form lately he will win.

Now what do you guys think of Haye v Vitali Klitschko? I actually want this fight to happen so Vitali can destroy Haye and embarrass him one more time. Apparently they are in negotiations and Vitali's camp has given David Haye a deadline sometime in December to decide. If Haye accepts it then the fight will happen on 5th March.

December is a great month for boxing fans!

of course it will happen, there is so much $ to be made out of it for both boxers !

Audley Harrison is a joke, the guy needs to be told he's sh*t and should probably just do pantomine or some other sh*t instead.

Tyson Fury, what an epic name, is it really that? or something he's changed, like instead of Albert Jones? or Dick Smith.

I've enjoyed seeing a lot of boxing on tv through boxnation tv channel too bad its soon notgoing to be free to watch.

Ironically enough, out of the blue, Tyson came in my place of work yesterday, we were told not to pester him so aside from pleasantries, the only thing I asked was "are you looking forward to touching gloves with Audley, Tyson?" His reponse? He simply smiled at me and carried on walking. So, its safe to say it will be happening (because any other normal human being would have refuted having such a connection with Mr Passed-It Harrison) and as you do indeed mention, no doubt both boxers will be coming away with a tidy pay packet.