3. Suggestions

Boxing Discussion

Attorney General

Mayweather vs McGregor  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Mayweather
    • McGregor

Important but does anyone know where i can stream the fight confused.gif ?

Couldn't you get it via Sky Box Office? I believe it's only £15.

I don't think Haye is going to win. I predict a third round knockout.

AnthMUFC-Champs
Important but does anyone know where i can stream the fight confused.gif ?

Couldn't you get it via Sky Box Office? I believe it's only £15.

I don't think Haye is going to win. I predict a third round knockout.

No i cant confused.gif so any links are appricated

Anybody watching the haye v klitschko fight? I'm listening to it on radio 5 live, and by the sounds of it the security is an absolute joke. Haye and Klitschko both getting mobbed by fans and getting man handled.

I almost fallen asleep during watching this fight. It was so boring.

Did you had commercials between the rounds? In Polish TVP there was a commercial break between every round. Or PPV?

David Haye, stay on yer feet!!!

biggrin.gif

Glad i didn't fork over the full 15 quid for that tounge.gif, that was probably his last fight if he's retiring in October. I guess he'll be off pursuing a movie career now.

Attorney General

Who would want to see that? What a f*cking snoozefest!

Haye made a mockery of himself. After all that bravado leading up to the fight, we expected fireworks. Instead, all he seemed to do was flop around and rabbit punch. He only landed an handful of meaningful shots all night.

His effort was disgraceful. If you lose, fine. But at least take some chances. After the first few rounds(which I thought he did well in), he seemed content to just make it to the final bell, collect his career payday and call it a night. Then he blamed his toe for his sub-par performance. Piss poor effort from a guy who made very bold predictions going into this fight.

Really, the big loser here is the sport of boxing. Had Haye won, i don't doubt that he would have fought Vitali. Then, provided that fight didn't end in a draw, we would've had a unified heavyweight champ for the first time in a long time. Instead, we now have two brothers who hold all the straps...but will never fight each other.

Edited by Attorney General

Disgraceful is a good way to describe Haye's performance AG. I was lucky enough to watch the fight on television with UK commentary and online with US commentary and the HBO commentary team were spot-on with their criticism of Haye. I do believe one of my favourite lines off Lederman was "this isn't a boxing match, for it to be a fight it requires David Haye to throw a punch." And the problem was he didn't. Despite knowing he lacked both height, weight and reach, he never tried to counter these obstacles and made a mockery of the fight he spent so long promoting.

Wlad fought the perfect fight, he used his jab to keep Haye at bay, before occasionally mixing it up with his left-hook and cross. While I don't agree with the referee classing Haye's fall as a knock-down, I did think something needed to be done as he looked like a spoilt child, failing down unnecessarily and hoping that referee would take pity upon him and dock Wlad a further couple of points. It was a sad state to see him in to be honest, and again the HBO team noticed this as they constantly commented that "Haye shouldn't be looking at the referee as he's not the man he's supposed to be fighting."

Also on the issue of the 'broken toe,' when he bounced out from the starting blocks at the beginning of the fight, it didn't look like a broken anything was effecting his movement, nor did it look like that in any of the later rounds of the fight...

Attorney General

I absolutely agree that the ref shouldn't have counted Haye's dive as a knockdown, but the result was warranted. I think Rodriguez was making up for taking a point away from Klitschko and realized he had to make it right after Steward gave him an ear full between rounds.

Also, just read this article. Nice to see Haye take the loss like a man. Of course he wants a rematch as he'd stand to make another enormous payday for it. But you can bet your ass that he'll recieve nowhere near the 50/50 split of German television revenue like he did for this fight. How his handlers talked their way into that contract is beyond me. Hell, Klitschko might not even want to give him the satisfaction of another big payday after all the trash talk he's had to endure. Besides, to me at least, it's no longer a desirable fight.

On a different note, do any of you guys know anything about a British junior welterweight named Anthony Crolla? I just read that Erik Morales is scheduled to fight him on the Mayweather-Ortiz undercard in September. He has a decent record at 21-2, but I've never even heard of him.

I absolutely agree that the ref shouldn't have counted Haye's dive as a knockdown, but the result was warranted. I think Rodriguez was making up for taking a point away from Klitschko and realized he had to make it right after Steward gave him an ear full between rounds.

Also, just read this article. Nice to see Haye take the loss like a man. Of course he wants a rematch as he'd stand to make another enormous payday for it. But you can bet your ass that he'll recieve nowhere near the 50/50 split of German television revenue like he did for this fight. How his handlers talked their way into that contract is beyond me. Hell, Klitschko might not even want to give him the satisfaction of another big payday after all the trash talk he's had to endure. Besides, to me at least, it's no longer a desirable fight.

On a different note, do any of you guys know anything about a British junior welterweight named Anthony Crolla? I just read that Erik Morales is scheduled to fight him on the Mayweather-Ortiz undercard in September. He has a decent record at 21-2, but I've never even heard of him.

He had to take it on the chin eventually, because as Brits we don't tread lightly on our sporting hero's, especially those that, as Haye says in his own words, "take the the talk, but don't walk the walk." However, I have recovered a little respect for him recently considering the time between him saying that if he was '100% fit' he would have beat him and him taking the blame as a man was relatively short for somebody with Haye's arrogance and swagger.

On the issue of what he's going to do next, I expect him to retire, because as you've already mentioned, why would Wlad fight a man he's already beaten, and why would Haye take such a drastic pay cut? The ball is completely in Wlad's court and I imagine to humiliate Haye he'd probably offer him a 90-10/80-20 split to which Haye would almost instantly turn down. Also, Vitali is fighting in September or October, so he is out the question, and after last weekend I don't think anybody in Britain would be willing to pay to watch Haye vs a Jobber in his 'swansong' fight.

Anthony Crolla, heard nothing about him before, but after doing some digging via various boxing sites, he doesn't exactly look a soon-to-be world class fighter to be honest. He seems from what I've read to be the typical British fighter; aka average. How he managed to become involved in a fight with the great Erik Morales on the Mayweather-Ortiz Undercard, I'll never know!

if it ever takes place, who will win Floyd or Manny?

Pacquiao looked awful at cutting off the ring against mosley.

But i still pick Pacquiao to out work mayweather.

But it could be a De la hoya/ mayweather all over again.

Last night saw a great fight between John Murray (31-0) and Kevin Mitchell (31-1) who has looking to rebound after his loss to Katsidis last year. I won't talk about the fight just yet as some beautiful person has uploaded the whole fight in three parts on to YouTube. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxLdB3Q4ZNo Aside, from Murray and Mitchell, Juan Man Marquez fought some Columbian bloke last night in his warm-up for Manny, and he dispatched him pretty easily, knocking him out with a beautifully timed straight-right in the first round.

The Ricky Burns - Nicky Cook fight was a disappointment. Cook got a back injury so Burns won inside the first round.

"Tyson Fury has claimed the winner of his fight with Dereck Chisora on Saturday (British Heavyweight Title, Live on Channel 5) is likely to face David Haye's conqueror Wladimir Klitschko." (BBC Sport) That's the equivalent of saying the winner between Rotherham and Accrington Stanley will get to play Manchester United in the FA and Carling Cup Finals. They're both mediocre Heavyweight fighters and while they'd both comfortably lose to Wlad, the one who would probably put up more of a fight is Chisora (before getting knocked out in the 8th or 10th round...).

I agree, both Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora have no chance in beating Wladimir Klitschko. Fury is a good fighter but he needs more experience and needs to improve his fighting skills to even have a chance to beat Wladimir Klitschko.

The fight between Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora is going to be a good one though. It should be interesting and I'm going to predict a Tyson Fury knockout in the 9th round.

I agree, both Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora have no chance in beating Wladimir Klitschko. Fury is a good fighter but he needs more experience and needs to improve his fighting skills to even have a chance to beat Wladimir Klitschko.

The fight between Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora is going to be a good one though. It should be interesting and I'm going to predict a Tyson Fury knockout in the 9th round.

I also agree with you Tommy, that it will no doubt end up as slug-fest and therefore be worth watching as neither fighter has gone the distance much, also I think this is the first 12-round fight for both fighters, which means they will no doubt be tired around the 7th/9th (depending on what they've fought previously) and start looking for the finish. Also, afterwards if your feeling the boxing fever, there's Amir Khan vs Zab Judah who are fighting at around 3/4am.

I also agree with you Tommy, that it will no doubt end up as slug-fest and therefore be worth watching as neither fighter has gone the distance much, also I think this is the first 12-round fight for both fighters, which means they will no doubt be tired around the 7th/9th (depending on what they've fought previously) and start looking for the finish. Also, afterwards if your feeling the boxing fever, there's Amir Khan vs Zab Judah who are fighting at around 3/4am.

Yeah I can imagine what kind of fight it's going to be tonight but Fury is quite good at catching the other fighter square on and that is why I'm predicting a Tyson Fury knockout in the 9th round.

What channel is the Khan - Judah fight on? I really want to see that.

Khan vs Judah was on Primetime TV (the worst pay-per-view channel in the UK). Two fights, four different fighters. Fury vs Chisora, was a pub brawl, with both men spending a couple of rounds in the middle to get their breath back. The commentators said it was a good fight, it was certainly interesting but Fury showed he didn't have the repertoire (he would have struggled had Chisora had a better/a developed gameplan) and Chisora showed that 'jump-in-and-throw-hayemakers' was his one and only tactic.

Amir Khan on the other hand, I've been won over by this guy over the last two/three years or so, and everytime I watch him I become more and more impressed. He was quick, hard, fast and accurate tonight against Zab and all his hard work paid off as he recorded a pretty damn easy fifth round knock-out (knock-out, cup-out?). Khan threw more, landed more, and dominated like a champion.

For anybody who wants to watch Khan vs Judah, I've found the fight here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk3kxm_pa...-of-2_lifestyle

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk3ky6_pa...-of-2_lifestyle

Edited by JoeyLeone25

The Fury vs Chisora fight was interesting and at a couple of times I thought Fury was going to knock him out but when Chisora had the burst and started swinging at Fury I thought Fury was going to panic but he didn't. He kept his cool and dealt with it well (considering Fury hasn't really been in a situation like that before)

So yeah I agree with you JoeyLeone, it was like watching a pub brawl but I quite enjoyed it.

I'm pleased for Amir Khan and in a interview he was saying that because Freddie trains Manny (southpaw) Freddie konws a southpaw's weak points and strong points so that helped Amir beat Judah.

It could be Floyd Mayweather jr. There a lot of rumours going around that if Mayweather beats Ortiz.; Khan will fight Mayweather.