Cannibal Holocaust

monsterrain

monsterrain

I saw Cannibal Holocaust last week, and I could say that hands down it's the sickest and most disturbing movie i've ever seen. I've read about it and it's reputation and decided to see it; as much I didn't like it I'am looking foward to the sequel coming out soon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal_Holocaust

I've heard a lot about it and was thinking of watching it just to see what the big deal with it was. But now i've read the wiki page and found outt 6 animals were actually KILLED on screen has completely put me off.

kippers.png

Heard about it. Never seen i, but the sequel will definetely not be better. Damn if it had more gore, it wouldnt even be released lol.

jqmqKlq.gif

I saw Cannibal Holocaust last week, and I could say that hands down it's the sickest and most disturbing movie i've ever seen. I've read about it and it's reputation and decided to see it; as much I didn't like it I'am looking foward to the sequel coming out soon.

I don't know, Hostel was a pretty sick film. Is it really that bad?

I've seen bits and pieces, mainly because I haven't had the time to watch the whole thing yet - but holy f*ck, kiddies, this is a powerful film. Hostel is nothing but gore - this is human depravity at it's worst/finest.

Don't watch it unless you're mature enough.

I don't know, Hostel was a pretty sick film. Is it really that bad?

Animals are killed on screen. That's pretty bad.

and Hostel is just a load of crappy fake prosthetic things being chopped off.

kippers.png

Never killed an animal before kippers? Don't worry, I'm sure they ate it.

they ate the Turtle, alright...

I actually own this film...I don't know why, though

JoeyLeone25

Twenty years ago, this film and it's contents were shocking, today; cannibalism, murder, rape and nudity are all a part of modern cinema. I must admit, the 'mockumentary' effect gives the film an edge, but it's nothing special at all. More about the techniques used, than the content these days in my personal opinion ala 'I Spit On Your Grave' and 'Irreversible'.

Scarface187

Yeah I only found out the animal killings were real after I saw it though I was pretty much convinced when I saw it that the turtle scene was real.

Really f*cked up film. Very hard to watch but if you're mature enough to watch it I think its an awesome movie despite all the scummy things. I actually think this is the only horror movie that deserves the title as well. Its the only movie to really disturb me from beginning to end. Mostly though the animal killings were the only things that really turned me off at first That and the scene where the chick gets raped with that rock...Christ. , and I hear the grindhouse re-release of it has an animal cruelty free version of the film as well so thats cool I suppose.

but yeah, good film once you look past all the disturbing and shocking parts. Granted I'll probably never see it again but its still good.

And I must say that main theme is both very creepy and awesome at the same time.

user posted image

i liked this movie, its not as bad as everybody says it is.

its funny because the director went to jail after it released because everybody thought it was a snuff film.

if you guys want to see a good cannibal movie, check out cannibal, the musical.

Edited by 98766654321

Twang of Cauliflower

What a movie...

After I finished watching it, I almost regretted doing so, but I'm not one for regrets.

...teh kicker.

Scarface187
What a movie...

After I finished watching it, I almost regretted doing so, but I'm not one for regrets.

Thats exactly how I felt after my first time watching it. I was actually angry and didn't like it at all. Then I looked back and thought it over and thought I needed to watch it again. It was still just as sick and disgusting as the first time but I liked it a lot more. Like I said earlier, I think its the only horror movie that deserves that title.

user posted image

if you guys want to see a good cannibal movie, check out cannibal, the musical.

Agreed. Great movie.

user posted image

unban asmo.

What a movie...

Thats exactly how I felt after my first time watching it. I was actually angry and didn't like it at all. Then I looked back and thought it over and thought I needed to watch it again. It was still just as sick and disgusting as the first time but I liked it a lot more. Like I said earlier, I think its the only horror movie that deserves that title.

Reminds me of how I felt after watching A Clockwork Orange, or to a lesser extent Calligula.

You feel a little crushed by the inhumanity. Or the humanity, if you will.

TenaciousD.
What a movie...

Reminds me of how I felt after watching A Clockwork Orange[/i

Agree with that, when I was watching Clockwork Orange I absolutely loved it and declared it my "new favourite film", when it finished I started to think it wasn't that great and was a bit crap and overhyped. Then a few hours later after it had sunk in and I had time to think about what it meant I loved it again.

Probably not going to watch Cannibal Holocaust for a few years, not sure I could watch the whole thing in one sitting from what I've read about it. Still gotta overcome watching Hostel.

U8p4GiO.png

2ZqLHCC.png

Scarface187
What a movie...

Reminds me of how I felt after watching A Clockwork Orange[/i

Agree with that, when I was watching Clockwork Orange I absolutely loved it and declared it my "new favourite film", when it finished I started to think it wasn't that great and was a bit crap and overhyped. Then a few hours later after it had sunk in and I had time to think about what it meant I loved it again.

Probably not going to watch Cannibal Holocaust for a few years, not sure I could watch the whole thing in one sitting from what I've read about it. Still gotta overcome watching Hostel.

Yeah if you think Hostel is bad, its probably not a good idea to watch this movie.

user posted image

Davo the Assassin

Hostel wasn't too bad, just alil cringe worthy at points, especially the part with the achillies(sp?) tendon.

I'd like to see this film, as I think I might be able to handle it. But whether I could or not is a different matter. That's of course if I could even manage to get hold of it in the first place.

JoeyLeone25
Hostel wasn't too bad, just alil cringe worthy at points, especially the part with the achillies(sp?) tendon.

I'd like to see this film, as I think I might be able to handle it. But whether I could or not is a different matter. That's of course if I could even manage to get hold of it in the first place.

Aye, cringe-worthy because it was so god-damn unrealistic! The first time I watched that, I could've swore the special effects had been done by a 7 year old! Hostel 2 was no different either, just the same old unrealistic and boring crap, but with women instead of men. Eli Roth seriously needs some new idea's.

Apart from all the crap today, if you want something that truly disturbed me, try getting a hold of 'Un Chien Andalou' off the internet. It's French, only sixteen minutes long and made in 1929, but it's some freaky surrealist sh*t!

Lycanthrope

You think that's a gross film?

Go watch the "Guinea Pig" movies.

f*cking gross.. nervous.gif

user posted image

JoeyLeone25

You think that's a gross film?

Go watch the "Guinea Pig" movies.

f*cking gross.. nervous.gif

'Flowers of Flesh and Blood' was decent (a lot better than the 'Devil's Experiment' in my opinion in both response and gore), but after that the series went down-hill (it was something different to everything that was springing up in the 80's) and apart from 'He Never Dies' which is just quite simply funny as f*ck, the rest are just, pure-idiotic-crap.

President Paul

You wanna see the most depraved movie ever? check out Irreversible its got a extremelly brutal scene in which a guy basically gets his head pounded into nothing by a fire hydrant not to mention the rape scene... Another move is Gummo but thats more weird/bizarre than sick but its still messed up. Cannibal Holocaust I haven't watched all the way through but I've watched enough to know I don't wanna see the whole thing start to finish.

JoeyLeone25
You wanna see the most depraved movie ever? check out Irreversible its got a extremelly brutal scene in which a guy basically gets his head pounded into nothing by a fire hydrant not to mention the rape scene... Another move is Gummo but thats more weird/bizarre than sick but its still messed up. Cannibal Holocaust I haven't watched all the way through but I've watched enough to know I don't wanna see the whole thing start to finish.

Irreversible is easily in my lost of 'Top 20' films, the brutality of it all, from the long rape scene to final act of redemption and revenge (with twist t'boot) is just, fantastic film-making. Never seen 'Gummo', but it sounds decent.

CH is probably the most over-hyped gore whore film EVER made. I'll admit, it's pretty graphic in a lot of area's...and yes real animals are killed on film, but that's basically the only real 'taboo' part of this entire flick, other than that well...it sucks bored.gif

2lcqyao.jpg

More than animal killings in it. A few humans were most likely also killed.

Why?

In those days south america was a great place to go and do what ever the hell you want to. NOBODY would find out, or ever go to those exact same places. No actor release forms, no law enforcement, no communications....

For those who say that say there were no murders in the film, look again. The events were too realistic to be fake for those days. No sophistocated editing or special effects were available at the time. Do slow motion on some of the events and you will find that they ARE real.

And dont say "the director wouldnt do that", Listen to the directors comments on the dvd. Add to it the fact many find the tribes people to be sub human.

Since the film im sure those tribes have been wiped out if not died off...

Edited by Nucflash

Scarface187
More than animal killings in it. A few humans were most likely also killed.

Why?

In those days south america was a great place to go and do what ever the hell you want to. NOBODY would find out, or ever go to those exact same places. No actor release forms, no law enforcement, no communications....

For those who say that say there were no murders in the film, look again. The events were too realistic to be fake for those days. No sophistocated editing or special effects were available at the time. Do slow motion on some of the events and you will find that they ARE real.

And dont say "the director wouldnt do that", Listen to the directors comments on the dvd. Add to it the fact many find the tribes people to be sub human.

Since the film im sure those tribes have been wiped out if not died off...

Umm. The director was arrested after the screening of the movie and had to prove that it was fake. He had to bring in several actors and explain how he pulled off the impalement scene.

turn.gif

user posted image

President Paul

Irreversible is easily in my lost of 'Top 20' films, the brutality of it all, from the long rape scene to final act of redemption and revenge (with twist t'boot) is just, fantastic film-making. Never seen 'Gummo', but it sounds decent.

Gummo is about a small town in the united states that is basically destroyed by a tornado I think it was and it's basically all about the effects of that disaster on the people who live there. A synopsis can be read here

Lycanthrope

So Cannibal Holocaust is a mockumentary?

That's what freaked me out about Blair Witch. It looked real.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.