2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

schaefft

2003 Ford Crown Victoria

schaefft

Total polycount is 73224 tris atm. I think I cant model it with less then 75000 tris. confused.gif

Claude GTA3

Holy S#IT! That sounds better than IV quality

EDIT: have u been thinking of police and taxi version?

schaefft

Of course. Like I have written in my update post. biggrin.gif

AzO

Great, SA needs a good Vic for Taxi and Police replacement turn.gif .

Looks great, btw.

GW2

cant believe how good this looks. awesome work your doing a great job updating this car. cant wait for the release!

Henderson

Looks very nice. About time we'll have a new Vic police car. Silver 007's are pretty good, but they're about 4 years old and he doesn't mod anymore. Not to mention they're too small and I like to change police cars often. There aren't too many American police car designs out there that I've found.

Just make sure the police car has a neat skin to it and not some generic look, which guessing by the detail you've put onto this already, I don't think will be a problem. Too bad we can't mod the lights and add some strobe's and change up the light's a bit..LED emergency lights would look pretty bad ass....I just wish a game would come out with some like that. I was hoping with GTA IV they would change them a bit to look more realistic, but from what I'm seeing so far, it'll just look like they always have.

ralphandmike

you guys are forgeting the chevy impalas and the chevy caprices but the impalas are very nice the lights on those are very accurate for the efects in san andreas but seriously dodge diplomat police is very good to however as i said there arent too many police cars with the accurate lights and also efects too i wish there was a mod for san andreas and vice city to get accurate police effects and also accurate police fire and ambulance vehicles as well as other ones i wish cop290 would work on his some more.

schaefft

I will make my rearlighttexture a little bit transparent and put SAlights behind them. This worked quite well at my Saturn ion and Lincoln Mark VIII, so I will use it at the Crown again to get the most realistic result in GTA. The frontlights are different, it seems like I have to use simple sa lights for them. confused.gif

Ill post an update soon, pls write something so I dont have to doublepost. biggrin.gif lol

ralphandmike

personally i think you should try making the lights work with the hiq mod for lights and making emergency lights on top transparent isnt as hard as you might think the police hummer has some but they arent exactly in the right place for the effects to work.

Henderson

The Impala cruiser isn't bad. The light bar on top is pretty neat, and I like the headlights added in with it, but any time I use the Impala, it makes my graphics weird. They keep regenerating, so I just use other cars. I've got the Caprice, as that's probably one of the best cars out there, modded by Torzer. I reskinned it myself into a San Andreas state police cruiser. But I'm really looking forward to the Crown Vic. It looks like it'll rank up there with the Caprice. I wish someone would make earlier versions of the Crown Vic too...About the '93 and '96 models.

schaefft

Yeah, the Impala is quite highpoly, thats why the next project is to make a remake of it. New wheels, new engine, new interior, new rear and new front lights. That means nearly everything new. biggrin.gif I want to make the car look more like the real one with less polies. Atm, its just sh*t, I think. turn.gif

@ralphandmike: I use highquality lights for all of my cars. So the CrownVic will get them too. And all CrownVic copcars will get a highquality lightbar with transparent glass.

Ok, heres an update. I think the engine is done, underbody too. Began with the interior today, the front door panels are done.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

The gray circles you can see at some parts wont be ingame later, just because rendering.

Henderson

Looks really good! One small thing though, the Crown Vic cop car should have dual exhaust on it. Most V-8's do. Still, a real small detail, but just a bit of info. Great work!

schaefft

Yeah, all police cruisers will get a double exhaust system. colgate.gif

Great news, I learned how to create a template for paintjobs. That means, my Ford Crown is now full paintjobcompatible. If there is someone who wants to make one, just write it here and I will attach the template at the next post of me. You can get it in every resolution and format, but I have to convert it to a 1024x1024 bitmap later, because of gta. confused.gif

Ok, hope there is someone who wants to create a paintjob, every one will be releast with the car.smile.gif

jeebiz

Hey looking good you when you finish it please release it.

gtavicegtasanfan

Great job the engine looks so realistic and i\the interior looks alwsome, cant wait to see the dashboard, im able to put my own paint job on the car, which ill make a Jeff Gordon, jimmie johnson paint job biggrin.gif

Edited by gtavicegtasanfan

ralphandmike

personally i think a good candidate for really modding is the dodge diplomat police since it isnt as fancy and there are some crown vics that are 96 and 93 and even 2002 police ones i mean for sa except the lightbars are messed up

L1LEONE

hey schaefft what program are you using to edit the car?

schaefft

3ds max7

Thx for your comments. interior takes a lot of time, but there isnt much thats worth to show it. Anyways, here are two new pics:

user posted image user posted image

gtavicegtasanfan

Interior, I always look foreward to seeing interior when ppl mod cars. Thats how I play San Andreas, drving from the interior that looks good, those updated pics look awlsome schaefft inlove.gif

ParoXum

Please, use the perspective for your renders. User view destroy everything.

schaefft

It is. But there can be some problems with the cameraperspective at this pics. Next ones will be with unzoomed perpective perspective. biggrin.gif Update of the dashboard maybe tonight.

schaefft

Late but better then never. biggrin.gif

New update. dashboard and steeringwheel are done I think, maybe Ill find some things that have to be fixed.

Claude GTA3

wow.gif Wow.... only one thing,the RPM gauge is kinda too squareish,but other than that,it's perfect

little mickey

Hey, just thought I'd pop by and say this looks amazing!

It'd be a real shame if you didn't release a police version. confused.gif

fastdriver

I'm really looking forward to this, and not to be pushy, but when your done releasing it, can you make that thing into a Mercury Maruader viddy_pirate.gif ? That would be fun...

Airyx

Hey Schaefft,

This Crown Vic looks beautiful so far! As a lover of Fords (and especially Crown Vics!) I can say that I hope to have this amazing car in my game soon! It looks great, keep up the good work. And, no offense to Silver007, but your Crown Vic looks a lot better than his! The texturing seemed messed up on the doors to me on his car. I'm sure yours will turn out much better.

gtavicegtasanfan

lovely interior pics inlove.gif what version of the impala are you making, is the new 2006 impala? If so throw some paintjobs on it and ill make a jeff gordon dupont flames paint job to it colgate.gif Its the official Car of Tomorrow Chevy impala of nascar tounge.gif

silvermanblue
lovely interior pics inlove.gif what version of the impala are you making, is the new 2006 impala? If so throw some paintjobs on it and ill make a jeff gordon dupont flames paint job to it colgate.gif Its the official Car of Tomorrow Chevy impala of nascar tounge.gif

The impala is already made, its a 2003 I believe. Besides I think u=you mean a monte carlo.

schaefft

Yeah, theres a version of the 2003 Impala, but Ill make a remake of it because I just dont like it.

Update. Everything should be done now at the civilian version. The car looks really not bad in SA, didnt spot any normalproblems yet. Things still to do are the damagemodel, some stuff that lie in the car und a custom made shadow, maybe a new collison too but that isnt really necessary ´cause it fits quite well atm.

Pics of the beta:

user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted image user posted image

I attach an updated version of the template, the orange field is the color of the metal parts, that arent painted with the paintjob. The enginebay for example. It should have the basic color of your paintjob. If possible, pls paint some cm over the borders of the template, just for prevent problems at the car. turn.gif

user posted image

Okay, If you want I can post some images of the first police paintjob or another one of a paintjob made by sushi.

AzO

That looks so cool and detailed, man. I totally love it. Can't wait to try it out smile.gif.

What's the current polycount again? Just curious, cause it looks like freakin' detailed model music.gif.

Okay, If you want I can post some images of the first police paintjob or another one of a paintjob made by sushi.

Sure! Post some wow.gif.