GTA3 wont run rite on WinXP

lt.jones

Hi guys, this is my first post on gtaforums......

ANyway, GTA3 will not run correctly on my PC. The problem is that, at a random time, GTA 3 crashes, and my computler will not respond unless i hit "ESC". Then my GTA3 returns me to my desktop. A error pops up. The Microsoft "SEND ERROR REPORT" window. It says GTA3 crashed.

My computer meets the min sysreq by a long shot:

My SpECS:

Windows XP Media Centre Edition

2.4 GHZ AMD 64 bit

1024mb RAM

256mb nvidia 6100

200gb hard drive

can any1 help me? it seems to last longer on "Windows 98 run mode" but it still crashes.

Your specs are fine, must be something else.

WbZaxRP.png

Hi welcome have a cookie cookie.gif

Have you tried to uninstall the install the game i did it one time with a different game and it worked also i had the same problem with that game as you do with this one

Hi guys, this is my first post on gtaforums......

Welcome to the forums. A couple tips: First of all, this isn't a chat program. We have visitors all over the world, so use fully spelled, proper English. Also, consult the pinned posting requirements. A few specs is a start, but nowhere near as important as history for example.

@norniron1992: Unless he's modded his game, reinstalling will solve nothing. We should probably wait until we have more info, and then only prescribe things that are necessary.

Okay, Sorry I will use proper grammar and English.

Anyway, I have not tried re-installing the game, so I will.

I have direct X 9.0c, my video card drivers are all updated, and I use End-it-All before running GTA3. I will try re-installing it. Also, the v1.1 patch did not work, or do anything to fix the game.

PS Thanks for the cookie it was delicious smile.gif .

BTW: Does anybody think that Windows XP Media Centre Edition have anything to do with it?

EDIT: Oh yes! I also have a HD sound card (realtrek) if anybody cares.

Edited by lt.jones

So when you say you're going to reinstall the game, does that mean you HAVE modded it? I ask because even though I pointed it out in my last post, you still haven't told us your game's history.

The patch does nothing because it didn't address things that would make the game crash. You shouldn't patch unless you have the very specific issue it corrects.

And no, your OS won't make a difference. Of course, there are things you need to do differently if you're on XP. I have no way of knowing if you've done them because you haven't told us your game's history.

Okay pretty much since I installed it, I added a Mustang that replaces the Inferus, which works fine, and a Deloran that reaplaces the Stallion. They both work fine. All I've done since is I've installed the game and added those two cars, and drive around LC. It was crashing before I installed any mods. It crashed once before I installed the cars, so I figured it was a one time only crash. So i installed the cars and played. Crashed again. It dosnt crash in the same spots.

The only mission I beat was Luigi's Girls. I only beat that becasue it crashed during other missions.

Well then you're going to need to reinstall. Out of respect for the people putting forth their time to help you, wait until your game is working before modding it. At this point, we have no way of knowing if it's those that are causing the crash (yes, I read your post). We could've saved a lot of time had you mentioned that up front like we require.

Sorry to cause you disrespect and time-wasting, but I am new. Anyway, I have reinstalled. A totally clean reinstall. No savegames, nothing. It still crashed. But, when it crashed, I exited differently, and a "Unhandled Exception" box appereared, with a bunch of numbers.

Again I'm truely sorry.

It still crashed.

Where? When? What were you doing at the time?

The point I keep trying to make is that the more information you give us, the better chance we have to help you. Starve us and that's all we can do in return.

Don't listen to GWB. If you've reinstalled, then all files besides the SET file have been nuked and the SET file isn't impacted by modding.

Okay I was driving on the Calahan brigde, down the centre in a Stallion and it crashed. But it hasnt crashed since. Thats a good thing I hope. I also got VC toay. If it crashes again ill tell guys. Thanks Demarest for your help, Ill give umore info in the future! smile.gif VC lots cool bye!

Claude GTA3

Why does my GTA3 have the blue exception error?

I installed the patch,and the game runs fine.But Claude 'bullets' from small hills,he just flies 20 feet in from of his position and loses most of his health.

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

GTA3 has not froze since i reinstalled it for a second time!!!!!!!!!! I would like to that u guys for helping me! And Claude, your computer sounds to slow for GTA3, could you put your computer specs up?

And Claude, your computer sounds to slow for GTA3, could you put your computer specs up?

Honestly. How can that make the computer "Sound too slow".

Claude GTA3

lots of people have this same problems with the patch,my San Andreas runs on maximum capacity,but GTA3 is mega laggy...

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

I installed the patch,and the game runs fine.But Claude 'bullets' from small hills,he just flies 20 feet in from of his position and loses most of his health.

Then you didn't install the patch. The symptom you're describing was the pimary aim of the patch.

And Claude, your computer sounds to slow for GTA3, could you put your computer specs up?

Honestly. How can that make the computer "Sound too slow".

I figured that Claudes computer was to slow, so i said "sounds to slow". My old computer did that becasue it was to slow. (500mhz, 256mb Ram, ect)