Intro Musics

JianHua

I'm looking for the intro music of GTA3, not the music when Claude is shot, but the intro music right after u clicked "Play GTA3" icon on your Windows Start Menu, then the R* logos appear on your screen, then the intro which comes up right after....anyone has the music???

If some one can hep me out, please reply this forum...

preferably in MP3 format, thanks!!!

Just use some convertor or audio extractor to get the music from the .mpeg file

I don't have GTA3 on my work laptop, but I do have Vice City. If they have the same basic file tree structure, and I believe they do...check your Program Files\Rockstar Games\(GTAIII)\movies directory (I'm sorry, I don't know if it's as GTA3, GTAIII, Grand Theft Auto 3, or something else, but once you're in the Rockstar Games directory, you should be able to find it). In there, you should see at least one .mpg file. This will have the opening movie with the music. If you can extract the music from the mpeg you should be all set.

EDIT - Wouldn't you know it, I have the mp3 file on my laptop...here you go!

Edited by molloni

I don't have GTA3 on my work laptop, but I do have Vice City. If they have the same basic file tree structure, and I believe they do...check your Program Files\Rockstar Games\(GTAIII)\movies directory (I'm sorry, I don't know if it's as GTA3, GTAIII, Grand Theft Auto 3, or something else, but once you're in the Rockstar Games directory, you should be able to find it). In there, you should see at least one .mpg file. This will have the opening movie with the music. If you can extract the music from the mpeg you should be all set.

hey, thanks..it's what i wanted...haha, i'm a n00b, so i'm not into some converting or anything else yet, i just got myself GTA3 a few weeks ago, so i guess i'll study a bit about the game's data lol, haha

anyway, thank you very much!

Why the hell everybody gives this path (c:\program files\.......) ! In every PC the path is different! Only the fools install their games in the "Program Files" directory!

i'm a n00b, so i'm not into some converting or anything else yet

We're talking about using tools and information that already exists. Nobody's asking you to write a new OS tounge.gif

Only the fools...

Considering the source, this is hilarious. Just out of curiosity, do you ever end a sentence with a period? Are you at all worried that by always using an exclamation point, you will dilute the expectations of others and find yourself incapable of expressing exclamation when writing?

@JianHua and @matt - you're welcome. If you sift through the directories in *\Rockstar Games\(GTAIII), you might be surprised at what else you'll find in there.

@ stef_92

Only the fools install their games in the "Program Files" directory!

That's quite the generalization...maybe I'm not foolish, maybe I'm just lazy...

And take note, I didn't start with c: and my follow up post here starts with *\

woke ellie

installing GTAIII or any PC games infact anywhere other than ur program files would usually leave ur game perminantly installed onto your computer, unless u delete the files than u would just damage the way u play your game when u install the it again. haha, sucks for you stef_92