Removing initial cutscenes

Big_Mitch_Baker

Big_Mitch_Baker

How can I make the game skip the two opening cutscenes (the airport and carls arrest)? I want the game to jump straight into playing. I've tried adding end_cutscene, however I don't know where to place it without causing the game to sit in blackness. I tried removing the intro threads entirely which works to skip the cutscene, but then renders the world as blue hell...

Can someone please tell me what I have to do, or perhaps point me towards an SCM file that can show me what to remove. I don't want to use a stripped scm because I still need most of the game intact.

Thanks in advance, oh wise GTAForums community!

@Big_Mitch_Baker

I have tested this change and it works correctly.

Add the jump line...

jump @INTRO_1000 

...under these lines.

:INTRO_129create_thread @A_CONT 054C: use_GXT_table 'INTRO1' -----here----- 

:INTRO_1000Model.Load(#COPCARLA)Model.Load(#FREIGHT)Model.Load(#FREIFLAT)Model.Load(#BMX)the thread continues...

Bye Bye

-Wesser-

Big_Mitch_Baker

Awesome, thanks man, have a cookie cookie.gif ...

One problem though...for SOME reason when I do the above it jumps me to part of the arrest cutscene where carl is told he shot a cop and is dropped off in rollin heights talking about being home. I need to find the thread to jump to that skips all of the cutscene, so the game starts with carl standing at the start point fully moveable. Perhaps it's because I have compiled the script with MB a few times before switching to Sanny Builder in order to add this code?

But now that I know what to do it's only a matter of time until I find the proper place to jump to. Thanks again.

Hi,

change the jump table to:

jump @INTRO_6907 

:INTRO_6907Actor.PutAt($PLAYER_ACTOR, 2239.367, -1261.939, 22.9375):INTRO_6927Actor.Angle($PLAYER_ACTOR) = 272.5814if  $5353 == 2 // G == INT jf @INTRO_7031 0955: set_soundtrack_playback_stop the thread continues...

CJ starts the game at half past six in the original game. Now he starts the game at eight o'clock. So, change this line to the beginning of the main.scm:

00C0: set_current_time_hours_to 8 (to 6) current_time_minutes_to 0 (to 30) 

Bye Bye

-Wesser-

Big_Mitch_Baker

Right on man, works perfectly! You have (so far) been the most helpful person I've come across on these forums. Thank you Wesser, have all the cookies!

cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif