PlayStation 3 Problems

Hayden Stasven

Have you had any problems with yours?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had any problems with yours?

• I have had fatal errors more than once.
    • I have had a fatal error.
    • It wont read discs.
    • It wont sign in to the network.
    • It's overheating.
    • It's really noisy.
    • Frequent freezing.
    • Occasional freezing.
    • Nothing major, little hicks and humbugs here and there.
    • Other.
    • I have had zero problems (hugs ps3).

Hayden Stasven

Would a mod or admin please make this a poll?

I have had fatal errors more than once.

I have had a fatal error.

It wont read discs.

It wont sing in to the network.

It's overheating.

It's really noisy.

Frequent freezing

Occasional freezing.

Nothing major, little hicks and humbugs here and there.

Other.

I have had zero problems (hugs ps3).

I've set one up on another forum, but to reduce the risk of biased untruths I've decided to post one here aswell. tounge.gif

Mine: Nothing major, little hicks and humbugs here and there.

New account: Hayden.

I would have said

"I have had zero problems (hugs ps3)."

But it crashed when I once when I was loading up COD3. Thats the only time.

I choose

"Nothing major, little hicks and humbugs here and there."

*waits for poll*

Suction Testicle Man

Poll added on request.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

I have only played it a couple of times, but no problems here.

I watched a DVD on it, and that was great aswell.

Im sure there will be some problems knocking about, same with anything.

x3FWE.png

Well I won't vote unless I get permission from Hayden Stasven, essentially I don't own a PS3 however, I have logged many hours at my friends house. Some issues I have experienced is multiple freeze-ups during gameplay (particularly during COD3 and Resistance). However this freeze up disables the use of the power button. So in order to shut off the console, you must turn it off the more permanent way(the switch on the back). Also the controllers/ guide button don't respond either at that point. However it seems that certain games such as COD3 are the cause of these abnormalities so I won't really blame the PS3.

Movies, everything played fine expect for a few dvds that the PS3 said were unrecognized. (Unscratched, perfect condition) and there was just one Blu-ray movie that had an issue. It had what we found out to be disc-rot. When we first opened the package, the disc looked flawless, after watching it (the quality was very good) the disc looked fine as well. Later on, my friend called me saying that his disc had what appeared to be orange spots. He contacted amazon(his place of purchase) and got a free replacement because apparently it was common for the movie he bought to experience the issue. The movie was "The Prestige".

Network sign in, works well, once or twice you have to try again if it just sits there.

Noise, pretty quiet. Then again I keep hearing people complain about the 360's noise and whenever I play it, I don't hear anything expect for the disc.

I haven't had any fatal errors or overheating (as far as I know) but everything else seems fine.

My biggest complaint is that the 3rd party developers are rushing to release good 360 games, however they don't take the time to optimize the game for the hardware, thus resulting in the game running like ass, losing frames, lighting or even texture quality missing. The only good port I have seen is Oblivion because Bethesda took some time to optimize the game for the hardware. Those who have the game say it is amazing. Games like FEAR or COD3 or even THP8 have had many issues, so I am assuming the companies that made the ports suck because the games on other consoles were much better. In my opinion, in order to increase fanbase, Sony should resurrect the 20gb PS3. Even though the features are different, it would still lure in more people.

Lol. I've had my 60G since the day after launch and it has only froze up on me twice. Once when playing CoD3 and once when singing into Double Agent Multiplayer.

And mine seems to stay pretty cool, even after being on for hours.

user posted image

beanmachine43

Any Ubisoft game you play on the PS3, it's not too unlikely that you'll experience some technical issues, that's for sure.

I chose nothing major as well, as sometimes the Sixaxis will lose connection randomly, or the occasional chugging when left on too long. I haven't had any heating issues, which I find real odd since I haven't left it well-ventalated.

I can't imagine this poll being very accurate to be honest. It'll more than likely contain alot of fanboys voting for the worst options even though they might not even own a PS3.

As for me, I've never had any problems whatsover smile.gif

it'd freeze sometimes when I get disconnected from the network and the game tries to access the HDD

so I turn off the wifi when I dont play online, and all is good~

4DksF.png

Hayden Stasven

Well the poll on the 'other forum' has been up for about 7 hours now, and has had 25 answers. If you'd like I can tell you the results so far.

SIP YEK NOD

i have had a couple audio sync problems, it doesn't play friendly with my wireless network(so i have it wired)

all in all, a few hiccups, nothing major

user posted image

GTA3Rockstar

Chose, "Other" because I don't have PS3 and never plan on getting one either. biggrin.gif

fbeRElG.png

beanmachine43

Chose, "Other" because I don't have PS3 and never plan on getting one either. biggrin.gif

How does that qualify as a problem then? biggrin.gif

Today it just turned off for no apparent reason, I think I was jinxed. wow.gif

Edited by beanmachine43

Skyline_Mad

For me i've only had freezing problems on games like Motorstorm and NFS Carbon, i asked around before and people said its to do with the PS Network, so i take out the Ethernet Cable when not using the internet and i don't get any problems.

Also (not really a problem) i think the XMB could do with a better Music player, as it takes ages for me to find music sometimes (i have all my music (20gb+) on the PS3 HDD), say i search for a rock band that starts with an M, aranging the music by "Artist" or "All" is pointless and takes too long, the easyest way is to arrange is by genre, but even then when i'm only browsing through all the rock music it still takes a while to get to the Ms, especialy if a certain band has like 3 or more albums, and when i hold down the "down" button it skips the songs quite fast, but after a few seconds it gets too fast for the PS to keep up with so it doesn't show the names, have to stop enery now and then.

It could go something like:

Music

Genres>Rock Artists>Albums>Songs

Like an iPod

Instead of:

Music

Genres>Songs

Would be handy if it had a search feature aswel (unless there is one and i'm too stupid to know lol)

I've had nothing major just the controller wouldn't connect right. I noticed something though some of the people I've talked to that said their PS3 or 360 over-heated. The vents were no more than 5 inches from the wall. They had know breathing room. So I think it was not a manufacturing error on Sony or Microsofts part but of pure human stupidity.

I put other because it doesn't freeze that often. It rarely freezes on me but it has.

I had a problem with mine, but it was because the power went out while I was shutting it down.

38773_s.gif

Hayden Stasven

Some other results:

user posted image

Your right about the fanboys, some little children have voted fatal errors.

Although they haven't even posted that.

Some other results:

user posted image

Sorry, as much of a ps3 fan as I am, I can't put much faith in this.

____

EDIT:

user posted image

Eh?

Edited by geomy
oldschoolsigs22.png

Hayden Stasven
Some other results:

user posted image

Sorry, as much of a ps3 fan as I am, I can't put much faith in this.

____

EDIT:

user posted image

Eh?

Don't be a tool, that was a direct screenshot I took using the Mac selective screenshot feature.

If you want you can go to the forum it's on. You'll have to ask around, because I'm not allowed to tell you about it (advertising).

Raindancer

Have had 3 freezes. Two on Oblivion and one on NFS, It does get a little warm sometimes, but me thinks because i have the station in a cupboard with only the fron for air ventilation.

Raindancer_5.gif

Hayden Stasven

Time for an update:

Edit: I directly linked and broke the table.

user posted image

Edit2: I uploaded my MotorStorm glitch onto YouTube.

Edited by Hayden Stasven

People attribute not being able to sign in with their PS3. It is not the PS3 but your router, as I am unable to connect to the internet from any device and resetting my router solves it.

Hayden Stasven

People attribute not being able to sign in with their PS3. It is not the PS3 but your router, as I am unable to connect to the internet from any device and resetting my router solves it.

Yeah that's generally true for the uneducated, but I made it an answer anyway, for those who have genuine internal problems.

Edit: By that I mean physical PS3 hardware, not your bowels... wink.gif

Freakorama

Time for an update:

Edit: I directly linked and broke the table.

user posted image

Edit2: I uploaded my MotorStorm glitch onto YouTube.

Try not to boost and turn while on mud tounge.gif

Edited by Futurama_Freak1

manofpeace

Well, I don't have a PS3, and I saw that someone said it just turned off for no reason. My PS2 does that, so It's just the playstations in general that suck a bunch. Although my PS2's calmed down a little bit because I'm not playing GTA that much. I guess it hates that game. confused.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.