Saint's Row 2 vs. GTA IV?

MrBiGc0ck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_Row_2

it will be released somewhere in 2008.

i don't know, Saint's Row was a quite of fun and better than previous GTA's (except GTA3) to me

edit: also if someone knows what was the Saint's Row (1) area size? was it bigger than all the cities together in San Andreas (except landscape)?

user posted image

this topic will be locked soon.

user posted image

Let's talk about Japanese people! With their PS3 and their silly chang-chang-chong talk! We can't understand you! Go back to your country! XBOX power!

There have been so many of these topics, and yet, the answer is really simple, so simple that i won't even tell you because you should know.

EDIT: Sorry, i thought you was talking about the 1st Saints Row, hmmm, i didnt know there was a second one.

Theres really no contest, Rockstar is a couple years ahead of them.

WbZaxRP.png

I'm sure they'll both be very fun, but for some reason I will always prefer GTA over all other similar games....

lastmanonearth

I only buy GTA games in this genra. The only other similar game I ever bought was Mafia. Others I borow. GTAIV will be better.

PmUfmu.gif

Easiest question ever.

Do you really think you are going to get any other answer than GTAIV? Especially as your posting the topic in the GTAIV section on GTA Forums, see the pattern? confused.gif - Dome Piece

100%, that when IV comes out saints row will have a field day, because they will damn right copy everything that's new in IV. Its really quite cheesy and pathetic. but saints row no matter how hard they try will never be comparable to grand theft auto, end of discussion.

G1T

FBI4X4Booster

There would be no Saints Row without GTA3+ so for me GTA is the daddy. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy the games that have spawned from the GTA concept but i've followed the development of GTA and loved 1 & 2 before I could even imagine GTA 3.

I'm happy that Saints Row was made because it has pushed the GTA team to stake a claim for the best sandbox city game by making GTA IV the ultimate (we hope).

Think about the scenario you're in.

You are in a Grand Theft Auto forum.

Grand Theft Auto practically invented the first proper pony farmin', sandbox game.

Saint's Row is just another one of the many, albeit better, attempts at trying to bite GTA's market.

And you've come here asking which one's better?

*Cracks Whip*.

Heh, I'm not pissed at you nevermind. But you gotta consider the circumstances you're in.

user posted image

It doesnt matter if hes in the GTA forum. But I think GTA IV will rule over Saints Row yes. But there is not objective throoth to this.

We have to specify criteria on which to base a "betterness" of one title.

Land area size

Features

Nubmer of missions

Graphics

Story

When it comes out, we can base it on that. But I think GTA IV will win in all of them.

Suction Testicle Man

This is now Saint's Row discussion, not GTA4 discussion, so I am moving to Gaming Chat.

If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

How long has GTA4 been under preoduction? 3 years.

How long will Saints Row 2 be under production? 2 years-ish

R* have a whole year head start on SR2, so i think in terms of graphics IV will be better. As for gameplay....WEll we're just going to ahve to wait for Saints Row 2 to come out to find that one out.

kippers.png

lastmanonearth

It doesnt matter if hes in the GTA forum. But I think GTA IV will rule over Saints Row yes. But there is not objective throoth to this.

We have to specify criteria on which to base a "betterness" of one title.

Land area size

Features

Nubmer of missions

Graphics

Story

When it comes out, we can base it on that. But I think GTA IV will win in all of them.

Hmmm... actually SR pwned older GTAs in all of those and might be better in all those in SR2 compared to GTAIV. No doubt map will be heaps bigger and graphics too because it'll come out next year, and until now SR had more features.

However there's just something that I find appealing about GTA that all other games lack. That's the only reason I'd prefer GTAIV. blush.gif

PmUfmu.gif

However there's just something that I find appealing about GTA that all other games lack. That's the only reason I'd prefer GTAIV. blush.gif

It's that little R* touch wink.gif

kippers.png

How the f*ck can there be a saints row 2 with the final cutscene/mission of saints row 1? Everyone died and everyone else got what they wanted and lived happily ever after, THE END. By making SR2, THQ have officially declared themselves as the most non-sense making game company.

How the f*ck can there be a saints row 2 with the final cutscene/mission of saints row 1? Everyone died and everyone else got what they wanted and lived happily ever after, THE END. By making SR2, THQ have officially declared themselves as the most non-sense making game company.

let me remind you that gta 3 has no connection to gta 4 no old characters is coming back and that makes R* idiots? suicidal.gif

NiklasGrand

I think both games will do well. I'm sure Saints Row will soak in all the innovations of GTA IV and also include things that GTA IV doesn't have like airplanes etc. It probably won't be as polished as GTA IV

Adam Jensen

I know why are they relesing Saits Row 2 in 2008. So they could have enough time to steal something from GTA4 like they did in Saints Row 1.

But to stay on topic GTA4 will be better. GTA was always beter. GTA has history, and tradition. And if Saints Row ever gets some history or tradition, it will be based on copying GTA games.

For me its always been the question of is Saint's Row better? For everything I think is better about Saint's Row (namely the combat, c'mon, SR whooped the sh*t outta GTA in that respect), theres something I think is worse. That game's script could have used a complete overhaul. After the 50th f-bomb three minutes into the game, it got old. But this is was sequels are made for, to improve upon the last.

All you nay-sayers that keep going on and on about SR copying GTA really need to relax. In several respects, SR improved upon GTA. Theres one thing copying something else and making it mediocre, but theres another when you take something and improve it.

However, we haven't seen anything on SR2, and on top of that GTA4 hasn't hit shelves. For all we know, GTA4 could end up being a bug-filled pile of crap that's only 2 hours long, while Saint's Row 2 could look like Crysis and be hands down better than any GTA game. Only time will tell.

Edited by AlianAnt
Metal up your ass!

I cant wait for the next saints row game i love the first one yes its not as good as gta but i think apart from mafia its the best gta type game

Saints row has no soul. It's not very detailed, and it isn't 'deep' in complete playability like other gta's.

I could play any 3D gta for hours. But I played my Saints row once then I sold it.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

james_root

saints row is just a copy of a gta

of course IV will be better

saints row is just a copy of a gta

of course IV will be better

Thats like saying that gta 3 is a copy of driver 2 which was released before gta 3 only difference is that gta 3 was better biggrin.gif

Blind Joe Death
Asking this on GTA forum is a bit silly and for that same reason I am going too say GTA IV will be better as I am a GTA IV fan boy. A poll should be added and then you can see just how much more we all love GTA than Saints Row.

Awards IMO

WILL HAVE is the key word

Best Storyline : GTA IV

Best Gameplay : GTA IV

The Map ( size/detail etc. ) : Saints Row II

Best Graphics : probably Saints Row II

Best Music/Sound : GTA IV

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.