The Darkness

Glycerine

I just bought this game for PS3 and I gotta say it is one of the best FPS games I've played. It has a solid story, fantastic graphics, great gameplay. The blood in it just reminds me of the MGS. You shoot a guy and it splatters everywhere. No heads blow off or anything but the bullet holes show up in the people. Using the darkness is just flat out fun. My favorite thing to use is the demon arm. You stab a guy with it and just whip him across the room. The Black Hole is very useful when there are alot of enemies. Something that was differnt to me was that I got warped in a true hell version of WWI. So if your a fan of violent FPS games you gotta try this game out. Just two things I didn't like about the game though was that the story would sometimes be hard to follow and I for some reason I hated the voice for the main character.

Lycanthrope
Ill probably but it when my PS3 comes back from Sony.

What happened to your PS3?

user posted image

Grandthefter

I got the game last night on 360 and i love it. The voice acting is really good i think, i'm not that far in but the TVs they have in the game is an amazing addition. You could just sit down and watch a full length movie. I really like the little movie sorta things with Jackie talking when the next area is loading - pretty cool addition i thought.

I havent got it but it does look really frikkin awesome. Although bioshock looks nore sppealing to me,e ven though not's not out tounge.gif

kippers.png

TheDude5000

Well it got an 8.5 at Gamespot, Mike Patton is doing voice work, and it generally looks like an innovative and fresh FPS. I'm definitely gonna consider buying this one, but I'm out of cash at the moment. Any Faith No More or other Patton-related songs in the game, btw?

user posted image

I've been looking forward to this game for a couple of months now. I'll be getting it within the next several weeks or so. Everybody I've talked to said their jaw hit the floor when they played. That sold me even more.

Knucklehead

The intro and the scene where you get your powers is just awesome.

Mike Patton's voice sounds great too.

I wanna f*cking get this so bad. Ever since I've seen it on G4.

kdr9l4.png

existentialtimecrisis2

I just heard bout it today. it looks real cool. I'ma try to rent it or something today.

the game still hasnt arrived in my town yet, it sucks but i will buy as soon as it arrives. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I heard that the story is awesome, but the online is weak. I will probably rent it, but that is all.

I just beat the game this morning. The last part had me swearing up a storm. Beat it on hard mode and holy sh*t the f*cking last level. The ending was a little generic but right when I was done I started up a whole new game. Kinda short though but still a very excellent game.

@TheDude5000

Sorry but no Faith No More just bands I've heard little or nothing about.

Ill probably but it when my PS3 comes back from Sony.

What happened to your PS3?

My power went out while it was shutting down, and I have an error with my hdds file system.

Has anyone watched TV in the game?

I hear theres 2 full movies ("man with the golden arm", and "to kill a mockingbird") and episodes of the classic flash gordon and popeye.

I cant wait to hear Mike Patton as the darkness.

38773_s.gif

For anyone who has beat the game or knows what im talking about.....................

Do you you know how to get back to the city hall station right after you turkish baths? I think you have to get on the scaffolding but i dont know how. Plus theres a locked door? Can anyone help please

I had a couple of goes at my mates house and it was pretty amazing, those creatures you get are funny when you rip people's hearts out as they fight over it. Graphics are nice especially when it's raining and you can see it coming down his coat.

I played a bit of the online mode and it wasn't that bad, it was quite laggy on the few games i went on.

s0h607k.jpg

Just started playing it on 360, so far so good. Not that far in tho, just finished up with Butcher Joyce. Voice acting is superb.

For anyone who has beat the game or knows what im talking about.....................

Do you you know how to get back to the city hall station right after you turkish baths? I think you have to get on the scaffolding but i dont know how. Plus theres a locked door? Can anyone help please

After I got the suitcase out of the baths. I just went the same exact rout that I can in. The scaffolding are you talking about the circler room with a depression in the middle? Well if you are don't go up on it. Just go through the same door you came in.

Do you you know how to get back to the city hall station right after you turkish baths?  I think you have to get on the scaffolding but i dont know how. Plus theres a locked door? Can anyone help please

After I got the suitcase out of the baths. I just went the same exact rout that I can in. The scaffolding are you talking about the circler room with a depression in the middle? Well if you are don't go up on it. Just go through the same door you came in.

I know its bot the scaffolding in the baths. What im talking about is right after you exit the turkish baths. ( You know the ladder where you climb down, it says go to city hall station. It goes to a load screen sceen when you do)

Right after that there is some scafolding, but its to high to jump on. Also theres a locked door.

I know its bot the scaffolding in the baths. What im talking about is right after you exit the turkish baths. ( You know the ladder where you climb down, it says go to city hall station. It goes to a load screen sceen when you do)

Right after that there is some scafolding, but its to high to jump on. Also theres a locked door.

Alright I copied this from some other site because I can't remember what your talking about. It begins right when you get back to City Hall. Hopefully it will help.

So, go the only way you can go and meet up with the hobo

buddy from earlier. Chat some and move on. You'll hear them

giving away their numbers and positions ahead. Keep going

until you reach the bathroom hallway. Head in to chat and to

find a collectable in the stalls. When you're ready, be sure

all the lights in your hall are out. Spawn two types of

Darkling (either to help you fight or just to take attention

and heat away from you). Run in and QUCIKLY run backwards

out as the floodlights hit. They were ready for you eh?

Ok, first order, send a Black Hole up between the two sets of

flood lights to take them and the two SWATs out. Then, auto

pistol pop the other four lights on the left side. Get more

Darkling soldiers spawned and equip your favorite gun and the

Black Hole for emergency. You have at least two more guards

to nail if not three, go for head shots or Creep up on them

and finish them using the Creeper. Careful, they usually

shoot it.

When they're out, eat them all and make for the left back side

of the room. A door will burst open and you'll have more

SWAT troops to off. Black Hole keeps it quick and simple, but

for a little more finesse I like to use all my skills and guns

available. IF you get stuck here though just use the Hole.

You can also send in a Kamakazie or two to get the job done

loud and bloody. Eat up and go right from here to move on.

Explore a bit if you want but watch your back and use the

submachine gun (not the major assualt rifle). There isn't

much to find but a troop or two anyway, for the hearts.

Down each long hall you'll need to use guns or the Creeping

Dark to get by without much blood loss. Stay in the dark.

At the bottom of the steps to the main, derelict, platform,

send out a Black Hole. All four should bite it quick. If you

forgot the Darkling outfit or the collectable, you'd best

grab it now. It's in the old subway car. Also, another

spawn portal for a Darkling. Meaning baby makes three. Get

three of your favorite type of Darkling (a gunner is useful

here), and storm down the tracks. You have to pass a recon

SWAT guy and his team at the FAR end of the tracks, and you're

home free. Careful, on Hard mode they're devastatingly good

shots and go for your head, no matter how scared they are of

your powers or allies. Again, IF you can get close enough, a

Creeping Dark or Black Hole can end them all fairly quickly.

Shoot the lights and follow the usual plan and take down this

final team. If you have a tough time on Hard mode, feel free

to use the best machine gun, the full on assualt rifle. Try

to fire in three round bursts though, and aim for the head.

When the numbers are lowered a bit from good ole fashioned

shooting, send in the Creeping Dark to kill anyone with a

shield. If they shoot the Dark too much, distract them with

a gunner Darkling or something like that.

Go past what's left of them, eat hearty, and leave for Fulton

tunnels.

Yea i figured it out. My buddies told me a black guy came threw the door. Turns out that i killed the guy on the way in so he never came. lol So i just redid it and it worked. Thanks for the help man

GodfatherITB

I got mine from EB games, and found out it was the last copy they had. That was f*cking luck.

I beat it like the second day I had it since I have no life and got really into it. Its a f*cking great game. I'm working on completing the acheivments (does anyone know how to fo the "Secret" one?)

• 3 weeks later...

I got the demo on Xbox Live Marketplace. Wow, this thing is pretty cool. I absolutely love the fact that we finally have games where, on televisions in the games, real video is playing. I watched an episode of Popeye on the tv in a hotel!

The demo just came out on marketplace and i downloaded it.....its kind of hard but the blood effects are the best i've ever seen....it reminds me of R6Vegas but with unlimited bullet holes and better graphics....

You can shoot a guy 1000 times and the bullet holes appear....

it would be great if GTA4 borrowed this

but sadley im not getting it because im saving money for Medal of Honor Airborne in GTA4..

Twang of Cauliflower

I totally want it. It'll probably be one of the first games I get when I get a system to play it on...

...teh kicker.

Yay the Darkness sux f*ck ass like f*ckin sh*t like its f*cked up f*cked f*ck

Tourettes much?

38773_s.gif

Yay the Darkness sux f*ck ass like f*ckin sh*t like its f*cked up f*cked f*ck

Tourettes much?

Or he has a stick the size of a small tree shoved up his arse. Whatever it is, it stinks, and I don't like it.

zUd3j4P.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.