Disc scratch question.

emeryrulz

If your disc gets to scratched up, what do you do? Does RockStar have support for this? Or are you just screwed?

When I say scratch, I mean, beyond working. Like with PC, you can't install. Or console it will not read.

velvet_cheese

I bougt this thing intendad for eyeglas repar it fills in the scartches i was scard thatnit wouldent work because it was intendad for glases but it worked fine but i forgaot what it was called

It's considered your fault for not taking enough care of your discs. You can purchase disc cleaning kits as mentioned above, or go to professional disc buffing places, but there's nothing that works nearly as well as just keeping the disc in good nick.

But they couldn't consider making a way to play the game without the disc? I know there are no-disc exe's. But they make me lag like crazy. But what if your PC or PS2 eats the disc up?

I know there are no-disc exe's. But they make me lag like crazy.

They shouldn't... Make sure you haven't still got the disc in the drive as I've had funny things happen where the game still tries to access audio from the disc even if I've got it running with a no DVD crack.

I haven't used any crack since last year. Been playing a lot CSS.

SinisterSinner
But they couldn't consider making a way to play the game without the disc? I know there are no-disc exe's. But they make me lag like crazy. But what if your PC or PS2 eats the disc up?

A while ago I downloaded Vice city from the internet, and the game worked fine without the disk, only that sometimes the game crashed and I had to re-install because I didnt knew how to solve that issue.

NOTE: if you install the game in another hard drive or at any other location other than the rockstar folder it will last really long whithout crashing if you dont install any mods, but I think map mods are okay to use

So what I mean is, that it is posible playing the game without the disc happy.gif , but I really dont know how they do it. confused.gif

It's considered your fault for not taking enough care of your discs.

Depends on the platform. If the platform has a hard drive, the game should not require the disc be present. It only leads to people who are entitled to play the game unable to play it. No gain.

Ring_of_Fire

PC Method: You burn your disc onto a DVD_R and/or use a virtual drive software to mount an already-prepared [.iso] file of the disc. Of course, either method will not work if the disc is already damaged. Download, install, and use CD-Check if you want to do a repair: http://www.kvipu.com/CDCheck/download.php

PS2/Xbox Method:

If your disc gets to scratched up, what do you do? Does RockStar have support for this? Or are you just screwed?

When I say scratch, I mean, beyond working. Like with PC, you can't install. Or console it will not read.

Buy new game or use CD-Check to attempt a recovery, perhaps. And you don't get support for things you damaged by yourself! You're screwed.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire