Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
norniron

Topics in GTA IV

norniron

I think that only led by,s and other staff should be able to make topics any one else should have to get permission from the staff this way it would cut down on the numebr of reapeted topics in gta forums what do you think.

Justin

You're essentially suggesting topic moderation on the two GTAIV forums, which requires moderator approval of a submitted topic before it appears publicly in the forum. It's incredibly impractical in a forum that receives numerous (understatement) topics an hour. It was previously suggested here, and received an unflattering response.

norniron

Didnt see that topic (nor did i look blush.gif) but my feeling is that same as kippers and i dont mean there posts in the topics i just mean the topics created that would be about 10-30 a day give or take 5 its just awful that people have been here 2 days and have made 30 posts !!! that is to much they would also learn to post in the pinned topics and its would only be for the GTAIV section no gen chat or anyother section. Also i saw 14 topics which didnt need topics and could have fitted in the pinned topics

Edited by norniron1992

Vanzant

It's a good idea, it really is. The problems that the staff run into is time, if you just look the forum runs about 3 pages of topics per day. If they were put on hold, it could cause a strain on the server. Another problem would be Five times as many topics being subbmitted. This is because since no one knows whats been posted, a certain topic could be subbmitted over and over again. The Mods would have to read every topic before approval plus time for reading reported posts plus anything else they do in thier spare time. It just takes too much time, that's why the Mods have to rely on good members on the forums to mark un needed topics for them so it cuts down time.

Venom

I think, we need some more led-bys or a limit to topics posted each day by one member..

It is getting rather out of hand.

norniron
I think, we need some more led-bys or a limit to topics posted each day by one member..

It is getting rather out of hand.

Yes even that would work more Led-bys who are living in different time zones like some who live in europe mainland eg france germany ect and some from the american time zones.

Ottae

Adriaan = Africa

Me = UK

xComm = USA

You can't get much more spread that that.

Kippers

IMO i think you need a couple from each area. That way there's more chance of someone being online most the time.

i especially notice during night time hours (in the UK) quite a lot of topcis get made and most of those seem to get locked later on and not then and there. I think that then spawns convo, spam topics get spammed in before the lock is issued and newer members are led to believe it's allowed, as it remains open for so long.

But that's just my view on it.

I'm not critisizing the work you 3 do, you all do a great job in keeping it under control most the time, i just dont think an extra one or two would hurt anyone.

TenaciousD.

We all know the GTAIV led-bys have a hard job as it is, having constant requests for topic would increase there work load by dramatic amount.

Right now the amount of topics is big but it will die down eventually...once all the trailers are out and the game is released I'm sure more sections will be added (The usuals such as Cheats and Tips, Gameplay etc.) and more led-bys will be introduced.

Vanilla Shake

I'm sure it will die down soon enough. It was like this right before/after Trailer 1 was released, but it eventually lost its thunder. I'm sure that within a week things will start to become normal.

That is, until Trailer 3.

But it might be a different story all together once the game is released, what with numerous topics about what people have found in the game, to topics about getting help on a certain mission.

'Tis unavoidable I'm afraid, just like death and taxes.

norniron

I think that the led-bys do a great job but i think that when a new trailer is released and when the game is released that 1-3 new led-bys should be givin a part time say 2 weeks job so thatthe first 2 weeks there will be a possible 6 led-bys on the forum. Then after the 2 weeks are up the give up being a led-by

All-Blacks

Adriaan = Africa

Me = UK

xComm = USA

The UK and South Africa are basically the same timezone (a couple hours apart) wink.gif . You need an Aussie helping as well.

iRloading
Adriaan = Africa

Me = UK

xComm = USA

The UK and South Africa are basically the same timezone (a couple hours apart) wink.gif . You need an Aussie helping as well.

yeah, that'd cover most timezones for the south pacific smile.gif

+ there are a lot of aussies around here I think icon14.gif

geomy

Ottae, just move to Japan already, damn.

Parky.

There are mods who also lock the topics and police the forum, GTA3Freak2001 is one of them, he's from Australia wink.gif

Waddy

There are mods who also lock the topics and police the forum, GTA3Freak2001 is one of them, he's from Australia wink.gif

Yup, for once, your right.

Mark this day.

There are 3 very able Led bys in the GTA4 section, plus the global mods.

You could have 20 ledbys and people would still make lockable topics. Impossible to police 100%.

Then when the game has been out 6 months, and the 'What do you do when you get 100%' topics start popping up every 5mins, then its the time to start on the next GTA, which makes the forums so quiet. The Ledbys will start making n00bish posts so they can lock one!

Mark

I say stick in random advert pages and pay all staff members tounge.gif. Should curb the amount of users, and we'd be happier heheh.