Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day

Bren_34

http://www.360-gamer.com/news.asp?id=1143

Microsoft now receiving 2,500 broken 360s per day in UK alone? [News]

Uploaded By: Jay Filmer | Published at 15:32 (GMT) on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New complaints claim out-of-country repair centres are now being used due to unprecedented demand

Microsoft’s UK repair centre in Havant is now redistributing faulty consoles to foreign repair centres in order to clear an overwhelming backlog and keep up with the 1,500 to 2,500 Xbox 360s arriving at its doors on a daily basis, according to customer reports.

According to Lee Sherman (Gamertag, Toxic Daywalker), who sent us details of his horrible experience, his Xbox 360 had been sent to Prague for repair, which has extended the repair time considerably.

He talks of how three weeks and repeated phone calls yielded no further clues to the status of his repair, with customer service representatives merely telling him that it would be “returned shortly”.

Lee even claims that when he asked to speak to the repair centre direct, he was told this wasn’t possible because they don’t have phones... However, using a directory enquiry service he was able to obtain the number for the repair centre, where he was shocked to learn that his console was actually in Prague, not Havant as Microsoft customer service reps had claimed.

Additionally, the call to the Havant repair centre revealed some other worrying stats: “A shocking statistic we found out though is that between 1,500 to 2,500 consoles get sent to Havant by three UPS lorries per day, to then be shipped to Prague for repair,” Lee told us, going on to add, “[We] phoned up Nora the [customer service] supervisor again, who then admitted my console was in Prague and hadn’t been looked at yet – she seemed amazed that we knew!”

Comments from users on the Xbox.com forum reveal similar woes, and some have also discovered their consoles are indeed in repair centres outside of the UK: “I just spoke to the customer support people because my 360 has been gone since the 8th of June,” says forum user, LordBrown in a post dated 23rd of June. “Apparently because of the backlog in Havant they’re sending 360s to repair centres outside the UK! And that because of this Microsoft are legally allowed an additional ten days to get your 360 back to you.”

From the sounds of things it seems Microsoft is fighting a losing battle on this front, as more and more units flood in for repair. It kind of reminds of that bit in Santa Claus The Movie when all of those defective wooden toys started falling apart…

We connected Microsoft this morning, however we’re still waiting for an official response. We’ll let you know the moment we hear anything.

Bhavesh.Chauhan

i dunno if i should say this but "how does this relate to GTA IV" apart from the fact that GTA IV will be on the 360 as well as the PS3?

Im Rick James B**ch!

Shouldn't this go on the Xbox 360 vs. PS3 topic?  dontgetit.gif

Yes it should.

on topic:

That must cost them a penny or two to fix all those consoles.

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

i dunno if i should say this but "how does this relate to GTA IV" apart from the fact that GTA IV will be on the 360 as well as the PS3?

Because I'm afraid to get an Xbox if it will break! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcryani.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif

Im Rick James B**ch!

Because I'm afraid to get an Xbox if it will break! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcryani.gifcryani.gifcryani.gif

That still doesn't make it GTA related.

Bhavesh.Chauhan

yea.. exactly tounge2.gif

Yes it should.

on topic:

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

My bad I didnt read all the way down. Theres another fan boy that started another topic for the other side and I thought he was one too.

million-2-1

user posted image

Bhavesh.Chauhan

it would be fun to play as ronald mcdonald in GTA IV as a side mission or something..

ahem.. anyway, someone lock this topic.. it's been posted in the Xbox 360 vs PS3 thread. die.gif

xNewtype Acex

it would be fun to play as ronald mcdonald in GTA IV as a side mission or something..

ahem.. anyway, someone lock this topic.. it's been posted in the Xbox 360 vs PS3 thread.  die.gif

Before its locked:

user posted image

Can be locked now. tounge.gif

I think the reason for the 360s breaking is because just a few people don't know how to use it. It happens everywhere, so those Vonage commercials about how People Do Stupid Things are correct! Even though this is just one machine. sly.gif

Thanks for letting me know

i wanted to get the Xbox360 to play GTA IV because it was cheaper..i was thinking of buying the PS3 later when its cheaper because im used to the PS controls (tried playing san andreas on an Xbox and it didnt feel the same biggrin.gif )

but i guess the Xbox 360 is cheap for a reason anuj_cop.gif

oh well, PS3 it is then

*calls up boss for overtime* cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

It has to do with GTA4 because I need to decide if I should buy a cheap, fun, easily broken Xbox or an EXPENSIVE AS HELL, but promising PS3.

xNewtype Acex

It has to do with GTA4 because I need to decide if I should buy a cheap, fun, easily broken Xbox or an EXPENSIVE AS HELL, but promising PS3.

Should have posted it in the gaming chat place.

Here: Gaming Chat

I think the reason for the 360s breaking is because just a few people don't know how to use it. It happens everywhere, so those Vonage commercials about how People Do Stupid Things are correct! Even though this is just one machine. sly.gif

A few? They get 20,000 Xbox's a Week! A WEEK! Thats 100,000 a month! That's more then a few people, the f*cking red anus of death!

Im Rick James B**ch!

So it has to do with consoles, not GTA. You following me?

A few? They get 20,000 Xbox's a Week! A WEEK! Thats 100,000 a month! That's more then a few people, the f*cking red anus of death!

wtf is "the red anus of death?" Is it in acquaintance with butt sechs? tounge.gif

Im Rick James B**ch!

It will affect MY GTA Gameplay!

But this forum isn't about what indirect relationships affect our own GTA experience. If it was you would see topics saying, "I have to go to work today." By your logic this would be an appropriate topic because i can not play GTA at work, therefore it affects my own GTA experience. You should post topics in the most relevant forum.

Tonay_Montana

Yes it should.

on topic:

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

wuts a fanboy?

Everyone else on this forum is an ass so why not join in?

All I have to say is Bren, everyone knows that the Xbox 360 has maintainance problems. Xboxes break, and everyone already knows this. Because of fanboys like you, this forum has turned into a f*cking sh*tfest. Every other post here is started by a fanboy and is aimed at kicking the sh*t out of the console that they hate for one reason or another. It doesn't make sense at all because the game will be largely, if not completely the same on both systems. If you feel that the Xbox will let you down, don't buy it. I doubt anyone gives a sh*t about your personal choice and which console you'll decide to pick up. I know I don't.

Im Rick James B**ch!

Yes it should.

on topic:

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

wuts a fanboy?

Wikipedia: "Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual (usually male, though the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view. Fanboys are also typically aggressive and hateful towards the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements."

I know i shouldn't quote wiki, but meh.

I doubt anyone gives a sh*t about your personal choice and which console you'll decide to pick up. I know I don't.

Someone finally said it.

Edited by Im Rick James B**ch!

xNewtype Acex

Yes it should.

on topic:

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

wuts a fanboy?

A person who says that the brand he favors is better and never has any good reason, even though his favored brand sucks he will say its the best one because he likes it.

Bottom line, don't become one.

Edit: damn, beat me to it.

Tonay_Montana

Yes it should.

on topic:

rong forum, fan boy.

How is he a fanboy?

wuts a fanboy?

A person who says that the brand he favors is better and never has any good reason, even though his favored brand sucks he will say its the best one because he likes it.

Bottom line, don't become one.

Edit: damn, beat me to it.

oh ok thanks

in your honest opinion does xbox suck?

cuz i have one but its still in the box i dont even have any games but if my sh*t might be defective...

i only got one cuz i cant afford the playstation but maybe i could save more money if its worth it.

i dont care about brands i just like to play fun games and which ever ones do that good is cool

Im Rick James B**ch!

oh ok thanks

in your honest opinion does xbox suck?

cuz i have one but its still in the box i dont even have any games but if my sh*t might be defective...

i only got one cuz i cant afford the playstation but maybe i could save more money if its worth it.

i dont care about brands i just like to play fun games and which ever ones do that good is cool

Thats a matter of personal opinion. Both consoles have their advantages. If you already have a 360 then stick with it.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.