The Matrix

Bond

I think they should have given us more time to think inbetween the last two Matrix films. whatsthat.gif I don't think six months was enough time to sink in all that has happened in Reloaded. I mean, the last two movies were totally different, and I think that by showing both movies a few months apart was a mistake. The producers should have waited at least two years when releasing the final film. That's probably why no one really liked Revolutions, because Reloaded was so hyped up, Revolutions was something that I think killed it for everyone. die.gif Don't get me wrong, the last film is my favorite, but I think it would have gotten much more attention had it not been released so close to Reloaded. What do you guys think?

I think you're talking a fair bit of balls, to be honest.

There was nothing to take in, the last two movies were different as they had very little to think about compared to the first.

Two years? For an action film? Don't be silly.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the last two, I like my action. But there was no need for a longer gap. I don't think that would have changed the course of the trilogy at all, really. confused.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

SIP YEK NOD
the second movie was "to be continued" if they didn't release the third within an acceptable amount of time, people would have completely lost interest
user posted image

The Wachowski brothers had never intended to go beyond the first film, so my guess is that they wanted to cash in on the fervor while it was still hot and pushed the films out closely together.

usZpdN9.png

The Wachowski brothers had never intended to go beyond the first film, so my guess is that they wanted to cash in on the fervor while it was still hot and pushed the films out closely together.

The Wachowski brothers should not have gone beyond the first film. The second film was okay had some great action scenes but he third was terrible. I watched it once at the cinema and haven't since. I do intend to watch it again soon to confirm how terrible it was.

The Wachowski brothers should not have gone beyond the first film. The second film was okay had some great action scenes but he third was terrible. I watched it once at the cinema and haven't since. I do intend to watch it again soon to confirm how terrible it was.

The third had some fantastic action scenes but overall was crap. I agree that it should've remained one movie.

usZpdN9.png

I watched it once at the cinema and haven't since. I do intend to watch it again soon to confirm how terrible it was.

Haha.

I think their decision was right at times of release. Though, an extra month or two wouldn't have hurt so much, considering how big The Matrix was at the time.

oldschoolsigs14.png

TheDude5000

It's pretty much a one hit wonder. The first one was a fresh, smart, well done action flick, the last two were re-hashed, contrived let downs that didn't come anywhere near the innovation or quality of the first one.

user posted image

topdogkiller

to me I think that the first matrix waas the wachowski brothers own montage to the great john woo like the idea of less talking and more action plus they used a lot of techniques. But as soon as the matrix become aa cult film they started to write up a new one with an actuallly huger story and plot and make a little bit of their ideas mixed with the john woo style. But it didn't work as well as they thought. Then they completely ruined it by making a third which obviously was the worst of the series.

just another thug

The first Matrix was stolen from a book, so the Wachowski brothers actually had to write the second two. Hence, their suckyness.

user posted image

The first Matrix was stolen from a book, so the Wachowski brothers actually had to write the second two. Hence, their suckyness.

State your source. Hint: Theft of intellectual property that leads to millions of dollars being made leads to high profile copyright cases that garner much publicity wink.gif

Nah, they worked on the back story and creation of the Matrix for over a decade together.

usZpdN9.png

This is the ladies homepage.

Here name is Sophia Stewart. She filed a lawsuit and the whole bit.

She also claimed that she invented the Terminator.

Does that mean John Connor would grow up to be Neo. dontgetit.gif

Also, yes she FILED the lawsuit.

Stewart's case was dismissed in June 2005 when she failed to show up for a preliminary hearing of her case. In a 53-page ruling, Judge Margaret Morrow of the Central District Court of California dismissed the suit, saying Stewart and her attorneys had not entered any evidence to bolster its key claims or demonstrated any striking similarity between her work and the accused directors' films. As of this writing, Stewart's case is no longer before the courts. She has announced that she does not plan to let the matter drop, so possibly this case will someday be re-filed and heard, but for now it is over.

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

Well, remember, it was all one big story. They couldn't include everything in just one film. So, they had to branch it out. They already planned on making two more films before the first hit theatres.

Edited by Bond

Am I the only one that secretly thought that Reloaded was the best Matrix film? I f*cking loved that film, apart from the dodgy storyline/script in a couple of places, the action was excellent. The first one was okay action wise, but it doesn't come near Reloaded in my opinion. Although nothing beats Neo's first fight with Morpheus.

user posted image

I liked Reloaded...I mean the whole thing with Merovingian was a load of bollocks (Oh look, that cake made her goto potty!) But I loved the freeway chase. Absolutely fantastic and with 5.1 speakers it keeps the neighbors angry!

But Revolutions can go suck a f*ck apart from the bigass fight between the walking robots and the sentinels.

Well, remember, it was all one big story. They couldn't include everything in just one film. So, they had to branch it out. They already planned on making two more films before the first hit theatres.

There were some more details, but no, they never intended to make three films. They only wanted one, but the blockbuster success of it allowed them to make two more.

I love all the detail and history in everyone's names, and all of the parallels to different philosophies and various religious beliefs.

I think Reloaded was better than people give it credit for, but it wasn't my favorite no.

usZpdN9.png

I love all the detail and history in everyone's names, and all of the parallels to different philosophies and various religious beliefs.

Yeah, it really keeps you thinking. Nothing is straight out in those movies, which leaves some things pretty much out in the air and open for discussion. cool.gif

Some time ago (When Matrix was released) I had become a crazy fan of this movie... I gatherred wallpers, news, sunglasses, I was even looking for mobile phome... I was waiting for Reloaded, I saw it and was very pleased! Then I saw Revolutions and I was kinda disappointed, really... Then I saw Animatrix and thought "Jeez! What a crap! What am I watching?"... I've started to dislike the film... But I still liked the 1st part nevertheless... A month ago I saw the whole trilogy again and, you know, I understood that the FIRST and ONLY Matrix, was... hmmm... FIRST and ONLY indeed... And Reloaded and Revolutions and Animatrix were just the way to get some cash!

BTW absolutely same situation happened to Pirates of the Carribean!!!

Are you saying that Lord of the Rings parts 2 and 3 were cash in sequel? Because if so you are very misinformed. I mean seeing as JRR Tolkien wrote all three books together as a trilogy I think the release of the second and third movie was inevitable.

Davo the Assassin
Same with Lord of the Rings for that matter...

As previously stated, I really do hope you are joking. If not, go attcually read the books. smile.gif

@TOPIC: I loved the first one. I really like the second one, but the only redeeming feature the third one had was the battle of Zion, it was somewhat satisfying attcually seeing the army of sentinels they'd talked so much about.

Other than that, it wasn't that great. I never realised he was the chosen one outside the Matrix too confused.gif.

The Matrix was ment to be a trilogy. End of statement.

And the LOTR wasn't? lol

And the LOTR wasn't? lol

No, I know it was. I'm just saying that for those of you who think that the Matrix series wasn't worthy enough to be a trilogy.

WidowMaker

No it wasn't.

FT2DB7K.png

"The series began with 1999's The Matrix. The film, directed by the Wachowski brothers and produced by Joel Silver, was highly successful, earning $456 million worldwide and beating Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace for the Academy Award for Visual Effects. The movie's mainstream success led to the greenlighting of the next two films of the trilogy, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions. It was a number of years and several iterations of scripts before the final movies were approved. The two sequels, which tell a continuous story rather than being stand-alone episodes, were filmed simultaneously and released six months apart. The trilogy is known as The Matrix Trilogy."

Taken from Wikipedia, so obviously not gospel; but still, proves Widow right.

If it was always planned as a trilogy, it would have been greenlit as exactly that. Due to the first ones success, they were given a go ahead to even make scripts for a second and third.

scMmGsh.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.