SA and VC on speed

donJohan

A few days ago I felt a sudden urge to install one of the GTA games once again, so I installed SA. My computer is definitely well enough geared to handle this game, so I thought there might be Windows Media Center f*cking it up. The game starts just as it should, but when I press the "Start new game"-button the whole intro cut scene is skipped and I instantly come to the place where CJ is supposed to jump up on his bike. Okey, I thought, it's only the first cut scene, but then I notice that the game clock is ticking with an incredible speed and all the peds and cars race around like crazy confused.gif I tried playing some more but it seems like all the cut scenes are totally messed up.

I felt no real urge to actually try and fix this though, thought it wasn't worth the time, so i installed VC instead. Almost the same thing happens there. Instead of skipped cut scenes the whole cut scene is played in ultra rapid and so is the gameplay itself when the cut scenes are over. Is it Media Center ruining my fun? Need some help with this.

The reason for the game running so fast is probally something to do with dualcore processor. Disable one of the processors and then it should work fine.

s0h607k.jpg

Okey thanks for letting me know. Now I just wonder how to disable one of the processors. Never done it before smile.gif

When your palying San Andreas (alt-tab) from the game to your desktop and press (ctrl – alt – del) to bring up the task manager. Under the processes tab select the GTA SA program that’s running, right click and click on Set Affinity. Under this menu untick CPU 1 (Leaving only CPU 0). The game should now run will properly.

s0h607k.jpg