New Info: 3 Trailers to be released in total.

Rob.

I typed out some of the conversations they had about new graphics, interior detail, character detail etc.. if you want to see prettier text go to my site, I just didn't feel like formatting the text again.

On interiors:

Garnett Lee: The thing that got me excited while they were showing and talking about it, like not every building has an interior, right?

John Davison: Right, but the ones that do are complete. So it's not like in San Andreas or Vice City where it was basically a box with a hole in it, and you would just go into the area. If you can go into a building, it is the whole building. You can go behind the counter, you can break through the door into the back room [which] has furniture in it, and then you can --

Mark McDonald: Well, and the detail, I was really impressed by it.

John: You can smash the back window.. and anything you can interact with.

Garnett: And there's no loading.

They go on to explain how in the demo, Niko was chased and seamlessly entered a building and ran up through the fire escape.

On unique detail:

John: The amount of art that they put into that game is insane. I was blow away just walking up this street, it had a slight incline and there was a bridge going over the top and you could see the train in the distance. And then there was this diner, and there were people walking around in the diner and a guy came out and his phone rang, and he picked up his phone and he was leaning on something and talking, then he walked around the corner and there was a hotdog stand. None of it looked like generic place art. Even like, going down the street, the asphalt on the street had areas where it had been dug up. You know like in San Francisco where they put those f***ing metal plates down everywhere, and they wreak havoc with your suspension? There was an intersection that obviously had some roadwork done on it, and the asphalt was different and there was one of those metal plates.

Mark: When you're watching him walk around that area, it didn't seem tiled and it didn't seem like it was graphics that had been set up and put textures on it.

John: It wasn't pulled from a palette and dropped in it. This was like a hand crafted environment, where everything looked like the artists had just gone wild.

Mark: The visual difference between previous GTA and this, it's night and day, it really is.

On character depth:

John: The way that the character carries himself, and the expression... I mean I know they've been big in the past on trying to build emotional connection, but now the stuff that they're doing with like body language and stuff like that..

Snake Without a Tongue

Thanks for the transcription. Now I can read it over and over while I...

Just thanks.

Knowledge™

Incredible. What he described just makes me... ahhh! I wanna see that trailer damnit!!!

Man I can't wait. ...icon14.gif

Damn it, they really aren't helping. Now I seriously can't f*cking wait to see this damn game in action, I want to know every single detail. Ah, breaking windows damn. I don't even know what to say besides thank God for Am...Rockstar rahkstar2.gif

Am I the only one here who thinks 10 mins loading is really ridiculous even if we take in mind there are no load times afterwards?

Anyways, that's only their guess, not a final word.

And yeah, awesome sig, Seddo. biggrin.gif

Edited by Sanshiro

Knowledge™

@Sanshiro

Personally I don't care if it's 20 minutes. Juuuust kidding.

Nah, I really don't mind; I'm that big of a fan I guess. And yeah, they could definitely get it down lower. But at the same time, if they keep adding more and more then it could be that long easily.

If you remember, half of LS was still wire frame two or three months before SA was supposed to be released. The Kikizo.com guy asked R* about that in relation to IV's development and R* said that "you'd be surprised how much gets done in the last few months".

While I have no doubt that they will do their best and get it done, I also think it very well could take ten minutes on the initial load. But that's really a vague estimate I guess. It's not entirely accurate to what the final result will be whether its that long or not.

But I know I don't care one way or another. I'll just go make a tuna sandwich breadfish_by_Moto.gif or grab a cold one Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif. rahkstar2.gif

Am I the only one here who thinks 10 mins loading is really ridiculous even if we take in mind there are no load times afterwards?

Anyways, that's only their guess, not a final word.

And yeah, awesome sig, Seddo.  biggrin.gif

He meant ten minutes to give off an example.

Knowledge™
He meant ten minutes to give off an example.

Exactly, it could be one minute for all we know.

Just disregard what I said above (maybe).

Even if ti was ten minutes, I could wait. I mean there is no loading what so ever after that. Yeah, I could deal with it.

I officially predict the third trailer will be released September 27, 2007, 12:00 EDT. Mark my words.

Knowledge™

This is perfect timing for my 'Third Trailer' Guessing Game.

Here

Bloody attention hound! LOL

But on-topic, I still can't get over this:

And then there was this diner, and there were people walking around in the diner and a guy came out and his phone rang, and he picked up his phone and he was leaning on something and talking.

icon14.gif

This is perfect timing for my 'Third Trailer' Guessing Game.

Here

Bloody attention hound! LOL

But on-topic, I still can't get over this:

And then there was this diner, and there were people walking around in the diner and a guy came out and his phone rang, and he picked up his phone and he was leaning on something and talking.

icon14.gif

I know that part got me excited about how realistic the people on the streets are going to be.

Oh and "Make a sandwitch." haha good stuff. Although the game shouldn't take no more than 5 minutes to download. Or at least I hope not.

Knowledge™

@Rick88

Yeah, it is incredibly realistic ain't it? I love it. And the scary thing is that it's been confirmed that R* works hard even on core things until the last few days of the games' production deadlines; we saw that with SA and pretty much all of them.

So if the graphics and all that sh!t are being highly praised now, it can only get better and better.

And yeah, I don't care how long it takes to load, but if it does takes 5 or even 10 minutes, I don't give a hoot.

HEADSHOT ZOMBIE

I cannot wait!... To say the least. Thanks for posting the audio too...As well as the text. smile.gif

Edited by HEADSHOT ZOMBIE

Blind Joe Death

Wow, just listening to them talking and how they were describing the game just shows that GTA IV is going to be absolutely amazing. Glad too hear there is going too be another trailer which probably will be released mid September.

Rated Good. icon14.gif

I officially predict the third trailer will be released September 27, 2007, 12:00 EDT. Mark my words.

Ok I will, lets see, I don't know I think it'll be out around the same time September 16-19..mid Sept. rahkstar2.gificon14.giflol.gif

AndyGanteks

i say 28 August 2007 12:00 EDT.Somebody should make a thirdf trailer prediction topic like the one we had when we guessed when is first info released or something!!!!!

I officially predict the third trailer will be released September 27, 2007, 12:00 EDT.  Mark my words.

i say 28 August 2007 12:00 EDT.Somebody should make a thirdf trailer prediction topic like the one we had when we guessed when is first info released or something!!!!!

But since the other two trailers came/are coming out on Thursdays, don't you think the 3rd one will too? August 28 is a Tuesday.

Anyway, I still stick with Thursday, September 27, therefore each trailer will be three months apart, but who knows?

kingofnexus

Its been 3 months since the first trailer?!?! Woah time does seem to fly by.

Why are people going ape over 10 minute loading time - they have no idea how long it loads they were just commenting it must take ages to load a game as good looking as GTA IV.

The loading time will be very simaler to past GTA's as theyve always been simaler loading times to my recolection.

beanmachine43

Impressed. It sounds good not having to pass through an environment that's just been dropped in with the same textures and the like. This is probably the most informative preview I've heard yet.

agincourtsalute

I knew there would be a third trailer, I think it will come out in early september R* will want to release it over a month before the actual game comes out.

There was some good info in that hopefullt we will be hearing alot more stuff like that from google this week.

I typed out some of the conversations they had about new graphics, interior detail, character detail etc.. if you want to see prettier text go to my site, I just didn't feel like formatting the text again.

On interiors:

Garnett Lee: The thing that got me excited while they were showing and talking about it, like not every building has an interior, right?

John Davison: Right, but the ones that do are complete. So it's not like in San Andreas or Vice City where it was basically a box with a hole in it, and you would just go into the area. If you can go into a building, it is the whole building. You can go behind the counter, you can break through the door into the back room [which] has furniture in it, and then you can --

Mark McDonald: Well, and the detail, I was really impressed by it.

John: You can smash the back window.. and anything you can interact with.

Garnett: And there's no loading.

They go on to explain how in the demo, Niko was chased and seamlessly entered a building and ran up through the fire escape.

On unique detail:

John: The amount of art that they put into that game is insane. I was blow away just walking up this street, it had a slight incline and there was a bridge going over the top and you could see the train in the distance. And then there was this diner, and there were people walking around in the diner and a guy came out and his phone rang, and he picked up his phone and he was leaning on something and talking, then he walked around the corner and there was a hotdog stand. None of it looked like generic place art. Even like, going down the street, the asphalt on the street had areas where it had been dug up. You know like in San Francisco where they put those f***ing metal plates down everywhere, and they wreak havoc with your suspension? There was an intersection that obviously had some roadwork done on it, and the asphalt was different and there was one of those metal plates.

Mark: When you're watching him walk around that area, it didn't seem tiled and it didn't seem like it was graphics that had been set up and put textures on it.

John: It wasn't pulled from a palette and dropped in it. This was like a hand crafted environment, where everything looked like the artists had just gone wild.

Mark: The visual difference between previous GTA and this, it's night and day, it really is.

On character depth:

John: The way that the character carries himself, and the expression... I mean I know they've been big in the past on trying to build emotional connection, but now the stuff that they're doing with like body language and stuff like that..

Thanks a lot. I have a slight hearing problem and I couldn't really catch all was what said..

Its been 3 months since the first trailer?!?! Woah time does seem to fly by.

Why are people going ape over 10 minute loading time - they have no idea how long it loads they were just commenting it must take ages to load a game as good looking as GTA IV.

The loading time will be very simaler to past GTA's as theyve always been simaler loading times to my recolection.

It wouldnt be 10 min. the reason past gta's had the same loading times was because they were all based on gta 3's engine. I bet it will be 2.5 min. long but you get to listen to music or like project 8 on ps2 they show gameplay videos. Even if it is 10 minutes you can watch tv or exercise lol.

Thanks a lot. I have a slight hearing problem and I couldn't really catch all was what said..

I don't have a hearing problem, but I still wasn't sure about everything they said:

...I was in New York tsft tfsdt ststztft.

WTF?!? "GGT-8"?

Mister Pink

Thw Yahoo site also mentions gameplay movies:

The Grand Theft Auto site coming to Yahoo! on June 2007, features the new GTA4 trailer Looking for That Special Someone, plus all of the GTA trailers, photo galleries, gameplay movies, new characters, fan content, and most up-to-date news information about the Grand Theft Auto franchise.