4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

How can i improve my flying skill?

erimtuna

Hello,

Everybody know, there are some missions about certificates on GTA-SA. They are "S" on map. I cant make flying missions. Are there any cheats to improve flying skill or passing these missions? Please help me..

rahkstar2.gif

There is a "Max Vehicle Stats" cheat (go here to find it for PS2, Xbox, or PC) which you can try if you don't mind cheating. Other than that, you could try the Flight School missions. They shouldn't be very hard even if you have a low flying skill.

If you need help with Flight School, check out this guide.

Edited by Dark.

Mates thank you very much. But cheat is not working on flying skill. i think i have to finish flying cetificate program to play other missions. i did not understand it verywell. so i added my savegame file. if you check and tell me what should i do, or if you complate only flying mission, i will be very happy. thanks.

DOWNLOAD MY SAVEGAME.

Are there any cheats to improve flying skill or passing these missions?

Yes there is a cheat to max all stats. Consult the pinned cheats topic. Also, why would you post in Gameplay if you're looking for a cheats solution?

If you're on PC, Mission Passers will pass flight school for you. It's only meant to pass it for you, and I think you need gold per category to raise flight skill. Link is in my sig.

Like the other skills, you need to fly (in this case) to raise your flying skill. From what I've seen, the flying you do prior to having a pilot's license does not actually contribute to this.

Mate thank you very much. I think, mission passers will help me. And also i did not open this topic to looking for cheats. i needed help about learning to fly. but i think mission passer will help me. Thank you very very much.

My pleasure. Don't forget that Mission Passers supports a lot more than just the flight school. Including a few other mission where you have to fly wink.gif

I passed the flying school with Gold in all lessons yesterday, and it was the first time I have reached that far in this game (yes I am a late bloomer). I use keyboard, and I suck at flying with it. If I can do it, everybody else with normal health and body control can. It felt great when I got the last Gold, and I want for you to have that feeling when you pass it without letting others do it for you.

The most important thing when you are flying, is that you stay calm and tap the keys for banking and turning the plane around rather than pressing them. You will get used to it eventually, and the main reason it is difficult in the beginning simply is because you are not used to it, you are used to running around on the ground and driving vehicles, which is much easier and feels more natural (motorcycle school Gold was almost too easy, especially compared to flying).

I know it looks like you are going to let others do the work for you, just wanted to mention it. If you don't give up, you will make it yourself. I think that is the main point of all the missions in those games. Many of them are very demanding, but if you let others do them for you, you can never say you did it all yourself, hence no real feeling of accomplishment. I am not counting the oyster, tags and horse shoe maps, as those are nothing but time sinks, no skills required other than some diving and wasting a lot of time searching the coastline.

Good luck and don't give up. Not that I blame you or anything! I know very well how frustrating many of the missions can be.

So if I'd fly more, and my flying skill will be better, it is easier to complete the flying school. Right?

So if I'd fly more, and my flying skill will be better, it is easier to complete the flying school. Right?

Yes, I would say so. If you spend more time doing the lessons, maybe fly around a bit not following the markers, and play around with the plane (turning, banking, do some rapid moves e.t.c.), you will get better at it. I noticed how I improved after a nightmare'ish beginning; I overbanked less and my turns became smoother. Eventually I could go full speed through the markers, banking slightly to medium to keep the turn somewhat steady. When you get used to it, it really gets much easier. I cannot comment on the plane missions after that yet, because I have had a break away from the game to finish some other things.

In case you have not seen it, here you can read some tutorials on the flight school, together with videos that shows how it is done: GTA Forums.

Good luck! smile.gif

As I stated earlier, near as I can tell, your flying about doesn't add to your flying skill until you have a pilot's license. So you would need to pass three flight school objectives, go flying around a whole bunch, and THEN it might work that way.

Though thinking back, I remember flight school flying as if you already had maxed flight skill.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood the question, I thought you were talking about your skills with the plane controls in general.

As far as I recall, your skill stats for flying is not maxed even when you get the license, but it is pretty high, a fair bit above 50% I believe. Maybe 60% or as much as 70%.

I have just finished the first airfield missions after the license, and well the lessons really come to good use, to put it that way.

You've misunderstood again. I didn't say the pilot's license gave you any skill. I said that I seem to recall my control during the flight school mission as being as if it were maxed.

As I stated earlier, near as I can tell, your flying about doesn't add to your flying skill until you have a pilot's license.

My findings are suggest otherwise. If you grab a Shamal at the Los Santos airport in the beginning of the game and then fly it at top speed for 3 minutes, you will get a flying skill upgrade. Keep flying and the upgrades keep coming and it will eventually issue you a pilot's license.

I too have received a pilot's license before ever getting to Learning to Fly. Try entering an airport legitimately. You can't. Not until Learning to Fly tells you you have a license.