what do you hate about Liberty City?

DoubleOGJohnson

DoubleOGJohnson

I love this game, but I cant stand the cops, traffic, or lighting in Liberty City. These drivers are horrible especially during a mission when you have all of them in the way. Just wayyyyy too many cars, cant speed through an intersection without getting hit, cant ride a motorcycle in a rush without somebody running into you, just all kind of stuff. Its just a video game, they should relax on that. And the cops really really really piss me off in this game. You can not do anything on the streets without getting a star. Unlike in Los Santos and Vice City you can wipe out everybody on the block and not get messed wit. Cops are EVERYWHERE here. In LC, fire one shot and some jackass is running up wit a billy club. I cant do a mission without these fools becoming apart of it. If I have to fight the enemy and the cops ONE gain during a mission I will toss my console. Its just not cool to be shooting at the Sindaccos and have some cop run up from behind hitting me. Its not cool for me to try to do a drive mission wit squad cars doing more damage to me than the enemy. GTA is a crime video game, not a cop game. They have more cops on this sh*t than True Crime lol. And its dark ass hell on this game, I gotta change my tv setting to do a night mission. Like when I was driving in the tunnel, I didnt know where the f*ck I was going. I dont gotta change my tv for other games.

2325195c0b7762b2191eadda87e6c28cbf3bda8.2325218c50a8e1d2f1af95ac7ccc917f9fd128d.23251850600b7e9f86d85775c46818f9f0a54f7.23252522a342ec4e515d831c941fc3e25b69697.

Well, it is called the "Worst City In America" for a reason. smile.gif

Liberty has always been, and will always be the the toughest of them all.

Just look at all the gang activity after 100%, the gangs get worse as the game proceeds.

And the lighting, well, it's Liberty city, dark, moody, and dim.

Also, remember that Liberty is a crime city, while Vice is a vacation spot. Massive difference in the two.

I love Liberty for all the reason you hate it. smile.gifsmile.gif

All that you mentioned is part of the charm of Liberty City. The level of traffic is a reflection of how bad it is in the city it's based on (NY), and yes it can be bad in certain areas with much affecting your outcome on missions.

The amount of cops on patrol is again based on the real life city. If you thought their attention to detail and the smallest law break was bad here you should play VC, SA and other GTA's as some are a lot more lenient.

I have to admit at night Liberty City is hard to make out, but with use of a blind its easier to see. The weather doesn’t have much of an effect on how the game is played its just there for the atmosphere.

All your points are valid in your opinion but I can honestly say I don’t hate anything about Liberty City.

You must mean Liberty City Stories.

The only thing I "hate" is that it's not available for PC.

Annoyances include how labor intensive it is to get to other cities ahead of schedule and that some collectibles are hidden until you modify the map in various ways.

tony da boss

I hate the road system. It's pretty f*cked up in Shore Side Vale. I always got lost.

I hate the road system. It's pretty f*cked up in Shore Side Vale. I always got lost.

same here man i always get lost there.

DoubleOGJohnson

^^^^

It wasnt getting lsot that was my problem, just I hated all the twisty streets that kind of mess you up when you are doing a timed mission or when another car is chasing and shooting you. And how in the middle islands and on the sides of the streets they have those indestructable metal bars that destroy you if you drive into it and makes it impossible to zoom down the middle of the street or ride up on the sidewalk.

2325195c0b7762b2191eadda87e6c28cbf3bda8.2325218c50a8e1d2f1af95ac7ccc917f9fd128d.23251850600b7e9f86d85775c46818f9f0a54f7.23252522a342ec4e515d831c941fc3e25b69697.

i hate that there is only one airport, and also hate that thats no 24-7s or a mall to rob.

^^^^

It wasnt getting lsot that was my problem, just I hated all the twisty streets that kind of mess you up when you are doing a timed mission or when another car is chasing and shooting you. And how in the middle islands and on the sides of the streets they have those indestructable metal bars that destroy you if you drive into it and makes it impossible to zoom down the middle of the street or ride up on the sidewalk.

i also hate all the parts that are under construction and they do mess you up when your driving fast

• 1 year later...

I hate the fact that you can't swim:(....it makes things harder....I sometimes find myself falling by accident in the water....and die:|....that really sucks...but in rest i say that the game is quite good:Dvery good actualy:D:D:D

Well, the only thing I can say I hate is that I can't figure out what to do in LCS after getting 100%. Besides getting chased by the cops, nothing basically... Oh and the frequent sunny days don't really fit into Liberty City's atmosphere, it should have been more like GTA3. Nothing much to hate about Liberty City actually in-game but if such city actually existed and I were living in that place in real life, I would obviously escape from it as soon as I can! biggrin.gif

I am one bit away from 100%. And Slash TV is fun for playing around, easy way to raise your money and then criminal rating.

And I personally like the sunny atmosphere more than III's, but the latter is just classic.

/TV is activated by wearing the overalls outfit inside the shipment where Portland Chainsaw Masquerade takes place but only at night from 20:00 to 06:00. Once inside you can play as much as you can even if it may be day time.

I like the game but I found no swimming annoying, seeing as in SA you could pratically go scuba diving. Missions like "Snappy dresser", "Steering the Vote" and "Bringing the house down". Also, SV is a nightmare, without the map SV would be impossible.

Oh, and the forellis .

I hate the fact that there are missing bits of the city. Roofs, behind the hills etc.

Apart from that, I love it.

There is nothing I hate about this game.

Seriously, I can't think of anything!

EDIT: Maria's missions. But that's it!