How do you disassemble on the fly?

Sacky

Well recently i've been needing to know the value of registers so i replicate functions that call them (eg ReadCOLFIle), so i was a bit familiar with OllyDBG and set the breakpoint on the call to ReadCOLFile, however when i set a breakpoint during SA i can't get out of it, it freezes my computer and i have to do a sleep and the reboot sad.gif, then i try it with a windowed mode thinking it would solve the issue, however the window just never shows up, it goes to the task bar and whenever i click on it... well nothing happens.

So how do you modders check the value of registars by setting breakpoints?

I use OllyDbg. For Vice City though. But recently I tried the same with San Andreas, and it worked fine. What do you exactly mean with "the window never shows up"? Is that a problem with getting San Andreas into windowed mode?

Well there's no problem when i do it on its own, but when it's in OllyDBG it just never shows up and always lingers in the task bar (for instance when i click its taskbar icon, the mouse will dissapear but the screen remains the same)

Cheers that takes care of the window problems, i can now see SA clearly, however when i enter the CPU view it gives me a very limited amount of addresses to view and set a breakpoint on (nothing thats in my range), is there a way i can set a breakpoint manually without having to scroll to the address?

Thank you so much Squiddy, now i can disassemble properly on the fly smile.gif