texture question

Joebenz

here's my problem:

user posted image

i just wanna know how can i make the texture name just "remington.tga" instead of "c:\Documents and Settings\Joebenz\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\remington.tga"??

because i have a problem while playing the game (SA). i've made a weapon (in fact converted from another game) with gmax but the texture don't show up: it's just all white. and i think that this is the problem in the image above. i want the texture name in the green box to apear like in the red box.

please help

PS: the material is not a gta material it's just a standard material ( i hope that this isn't the problem)

thanks

dertyjerzian

No, hopefully this is not the issue. Check your TXD and make sure the texture is compressed as a DXT1 (DXT3 if you have used alpha transparency). Worked?

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

i didn"t thout about that, i'll check it out...

Edit: No it didn't worked. DXT1 and DXT3, both of them didn't worked. the weapon is still all white in game

Edited by Joebenz

i just wanna know how can i make the texture name just "remington.tga" instead of "c:\Documents and Settings\Joebenz\Bureau\Nouveau dossier\remington.tga"??

buddy that isnt matter

this is just address of the image where Gmax\max get image when rendering or texturing

check your txd name and image name in txd(should be remington)

if problem persist then open your dff in RW-Analyzer and press F4 and you will find a texture list, see the texture name and if dont match with your txd`s image name then change it...

hope you will pulled it out

YAY!! it works!! colgate.gif the problem was that the name of the texture should have been "remington" instead of "remington.bmp". rw analyze helped colgate.gif

thanks icon14.gif