Microsoft portable system

WellsMcK

This has been ticking me off for a while. I really want microsoft to make a portable system with an hd screen. I dont care how much it would cost but i know i would love it. I made 2 picture from a 360 controller and a tmoblie sidekick because this is a really great design.i only took about 5 minutes to make this so i dont care if you say it looks like crap. I made 2 look like drawings because they looked better...Edit:i was wondering if this is a good idea so if it is please tell me or flame me on why it is bad!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thank you for taking the time to look at my pictures!

Edited by MckMan31

Mafia Righthand_Man

*Copy + Paste*

Hey Microsoft, check out this cool concept I made for a portable system!

Only kidding. I'm slightly surprised Microsoft hasn't gone into the portable market. I'm not a fan of portable systems though, so I probably wouldn't get it.

So they're portable system will share the same name as their console counterpart notify.gif ?

I really can't see Microsoft getting into the portable business, but then again, I could've said the same thing about Sony in the 90's.

Now they just need games to go along with it. Halo portable? Nah

Let me add:

I really want microsoft to make a portable system with an hd screen

No need to pop a boner over HD. It's not as if you're gonna see some door that can't be seen on an average screen.

I dont care how much it would cost but i know i would love it.

So, let's say, hypothetically, that it had absolutely no good games on it. Would you still want to play a horrible game on an HD screen? Not a wise investment.

Edited by E.A.B.

I can see Apple making a play to the portable gaming market before MS does. All their other portable devices are top notch, so you could expect a sweet handheld from them...no buttons?

oldschoolsigs22.png

Vanilla Shake

I'm intrigued by this idea. If Microsoft can make a portable gaming device that is more powerful than Sony's PSP, then perhaps we can look forward to some more (and better) portable GTAs in the future. Just a thought. But, a portable Halo...I don't think that an fps would go good on a portable, regardless of which company makes it...

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

TheDude5000

So they're portable system will share the same name as their console counterpart notify.gif ?

I really can't see Microsoft getting into the portable business, but then again, I could've said the same thing about Sony in the 90's.

Now they just need games to go along with it. Halo portable? Nah

Let me add:

I really want microsoft to make a portable system with an hd screen

No need to pop a boner over HD. It's not as if you're gonna see some door that can't be seen on an average screen.

I dont care how much it would cost but i know i would love it.

So, let's say, hypothetically, that it had absolutely no good games on it. Would you still want to play a horrible game on an HD screen? Not a wise investment.

Halo portable? Nah? One of the best selling and most critically successfully franchises of this decade, their flagship series, not appearing on their handheld? That's a rather dumb thought. Seeing as the 360 has a bevvy of fantastic exclusive and multi-plat games, most of 'em financial and critical smash hits(especially compared to the competition), I don't see why they couldn't do it with a portable.

@Topic: Uh, I'd buy one, definitely. But it's not something I'd clamor for, my XB and XB 360 satisfy me just fine for now.

user posted image

OG-LOC R360

Hold on, if the topic starter wants an Xbox Portable, why is he involved with PSPCube.com?

Microsoft were supposed to be bringing out a portable console, they were supposed to be teaming up with Dell and it was gonna be a bit chunky, it was in a gaming mag quite a while ago, when the PSP first come out but i haven't heard anything since so maybe they scrapped the plans.

s0h607k.jpg

Microsoft were supposed to be bringing out a portable console, they were supposed to be teaming up with Dell and it was gonna be a bit chunky, it was in a gaming mag quite a while ago, when the PSP first come out but i haven't heard anything since so maybe they scrapped the plans.

or maybe they're all hush-hush~

wait for the DS to hit it's prime, then BAM tounge2.gif

yeah, I did read an article about it once, claims better gfx, bigger screen, longer battery life, etc. and cheaper rolleyes.gif than the psp

4DksF.png

Remember This.
I can see Apple making a play to the portable gaming market before MS does. All their other portable devices are top notch, so you could expect a sweet handheld from them...no buttons?

Heh, yeah... Apple > Microsoft

Only one problem though, Apple don't do games consoles.

That looks strangely familiar!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, probably won't happen for a few years. Or never.

user posted image

Portable gaming? Microsoft owns all with their platforms. Laptops anyone? How about UMPC's or tablet PC's? HD screen sure. Plus much more. Heck even a PDA.

Edited by Sixdust

Hold on, if the topic starter wants an Xbox Portable, why is he involved with PSPCube.com?

Well im borrowing my friends xbox 360 and it is really awesome. I already have a psp and my friend that played socom ftb2 with me made a website called pspcube he asked me if i liked it and i said yes. He wanted more member on his forums and i wanted to help him advertise.

Who wouldnt an xbox portable with a flip up screen. The clamshell design is ok and all but it seems to take up more space then needed. The tmobile sidekick's screen is flush with the top of the sidekick open and closed. Oh yeah i did copy and paste but like i said i only put 5 minutes into it. Why wouldnt an fps work for a portable xbox??? You might still be stuck on the psp having one analog nub. Remember... Microsoft usually waits to see what the competition(however you spell it) so they can improve where others went wrong.

What the portable market needs, isn't a "more powerful" mobile gaming device. They need a special attribute that makes them stand out, i.e. Nintendo DS stylus.

Speaking of, why don't I have DS yet?

Jonny_Tightlips
What the portable market needs, isn't a "more powerful" mobile gaming device. They need a special attribute that makes them stand out, i.e. Nintendo DS stylus.

Speaking of, why don't I have DS yet?

Because you're really dumb. wink.gif

get one, and play DexX and I in Mario Kart.

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.