F1-Replay ghostworld reference

Ring_of_Fire

Ring_of_Fire

Is this known? - press F2 when you are inside the San Andreas real world. Now go into an interior, and press F3... the outside world you were in before appears to look really dark! What I think is happening is that the replay is conflicting between the ghostworlds/real worlds! notify.gif

^ Oh and do this trick when you want a replace the weather looks of the real world into a hidden interior ghostworld, you will actually see sunshine inside of a ghostworld. If you want proof that it is a conflict, try pressing F3 in the same area where you pressed F2 (everything's back to normal! tounge.gif). Another thing to do is to press on F3 after loading your game - textures will take long to load up, and you'll the see the scary looks of what was left behind from the ghostworldy weather. This same exact glitch works for Vice City as well.

I have a glitch experimentation question: do hidden interiors load up all in 1 world? I realized that the color for all ghostworlds are dark, the minimap shows nothin', and you are always located in the middle.

Some more glitches! - Having to specifically do with the replay feature.

1. See through walls: (Bazooka glitch reference) Inside hidden interiors, press on F2 when near to a wall and then press F3. Now rotate your mouse at a certain angle.

2. Siren volume: If you press F3 or F1 while you are currently inside a police vehicle or ambulance, the siren is not as loud as before (looks like some distance conflicts). The only way to fix this is to toggle on/off [H].

3. Sound bugs: Sometimes when you keep punching at things like the doors of a vehicle, some sound effects disappear until you stop punching at it. Could it be my Realtek onboard audio? Hmm... pending. (Fixed with Patch 1.01)

Holy crap, this is totally unfair to PS2/Xbox. As long as the replay feature for PC doesn't crashes my game back to the desktop right in the middle of it, I don't care a anuj_cop.gif! Good thing it is not buggy as Vice City.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

How would you know that the outside world is dark?

Pressing F3 replays a saved replay.

I tried what you said, but none of the things you said happened.

Ring_of_Fire

You must have not even read my last post properly. Save the replay by pressing [F2] when you are in the outside world (San Andreas), and then enter inside an interior. Now press on [F3]. You would notice that the sky is not the same daylight color as before!

How would you know that the outside world is dark?

You might want to look up into the sky.

Pressing F3 replays a saved replay.

Yes indeed.

I tried what you said, but none of the things you said happened.

Read carefully! cool.gif

I can show you a 800x600 screenshot of San Andreas being dark in pitch sunlight at 12:00pm. But then again, something's wrong with the mipmaps and wireframes when capturing with FRAPS and even using Prnt_Screen! cry.gif Think I may need to lower down the quality setting, and try turning off AA/AF. Hmm...

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Ohh...now I got it.

The sky colour is indeed different. It is darker but not black. It's kinda greyish.

So, maybe you are right. This might be coz of a conflict between the real world and the ghost world. The replays sure provide us with some strange things...

Nice find. icon14.gif

dertyjerzian

when you load into "ghost world" SA is still there, just only the collision is present, so it is invisible. By triggering the replay from inside of "ghost world" (or interior 1, main world being interior 0 [true and false?]) you've simply began the real time replay from a different render state... Nothing big, but cool to know this wasn't looked at by the R* techs during development!

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

Ring_of_Fire

Yeah, and sometimes the replay does some weird stuff to the main character that you didn't even do. Also, other bugs of R*'s own replay glitches are listed above as well. And I just realized something, the F1-Replay is buggy in San Andreas only if you use cheats! You will be struggling to get back to the desktop once the game is not responding from an indefinite loop. rahkstar2.gif

Did anybody realized this? Like when you enter inside the Ganton Gym, you see some form of ghostworld San Andreas for a sec with unloaded road textures before you enter through the door.

* I am not surprised. Ghostworld has changed places with San Andreas' realworld:

user posted image

Edited by Ring_of_Fire