Controller Issue

geomy

I recently bought a Firebird P2-P3 Convertor to play multiplayer games. I have a Dual Shock 2 and a Sixaxis...I am waiting for the Sixaxis w/ rumble before I buy another PS3 controller.

Anyway, with the Dual Shock 2 plugged in, I can control the PS3 menu without any problems. The downloaded version of Mortal Kombat 2 also works fine, but the PS3 games won't recognize it, or won't give it full functionality...i.e. the analog sticks and circle/square/etc. buttons work fine in MotorStorm, yet the D-Pad does not. Calling All Cars doesn't recognize it at all.

Is this normal to expect, or do I have a defunct convertor? I assumed that it would be fully compatible (except for rumble) - it seems silly to connect a PS2 controller to a PS3 and only be able to play PS2 games...that's what I have a PS2 for.

oldschoolsigs22.png

Meh. Never trust third party stuff. I'd just wait untill the Sony one.

..and i find the new PS3 controller fine, dont see why everyone moans about rumble.

user posted image

Meh. Never trust third party stuff. I'd just wait untill the Sony one.

..and i find the new PS3 controller fine, dont see why everyone moans about rumble.

I had a feeling...oh well, I'm out $9, so no biggie. And It's not that I don't like the sixaxis, but since Sony will be releasing controllers w/ rumble, I'm not going to stock up now then have to rebuy in 6 months. I can be patient.

oldschoolsigs22.png

And some developers are already including it in their games:

God of War 3

More on rumble:

Dave Karraker, Sr. Director, Corporate Communications did issue the following statement: "We are very pleased to have reached a cooperative agreement with Immersion regarding the use of its advanced vibration technology (haptics technology). We look forward to working closely with them as we explore new and innovative ways to utilize this technology in PlayStation products."
Edited by geomy
oldschoolsigs22.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.