T2 Reports Q2 Results, IV still on track for Oct.

Adriaan

http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=248580

Contrary to rumors/possible outcomes created by Wedbush Morgan, GTA IV is still on track for Take-Two's fourth quarter of this year, which ends at the end of October. Episodic Content for the Xbox 360 is listed for Fiscal '08, starting this November. I believe it was previously announced that episodic content for GTA IV will start in the calender year of 2008...

UPDATE from conference call: Both episodic episodes will come out during fiscal '08.

---------------------

Take-Two's restructuring plan to date consists primarily of the following key elements:

* Restructure Take-Two's international operations to consolidate and align the marketing, sales and operational functions according to business discipline rather than geography to create a more efficient and responsive international organization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4vpT4UrY1M (00:48)

Edited by Adriaan

Yeah, it was (about the 2008 thing). Though I still say October 16 will not be the release date...

October 23 or 30 for North America most likely.

As long as it comes out before Christmas then im ok, although i probably wont be gettin it this year since im running low on money for a ps3 but id like to see vids/pics of people playing it at least. xmas.gif

As long as it comes out before Christmas then im ok, although i probably wont be gettin it this year since im running low on money for a ps3 but id like to see vids/pics of people playing it at least. xmas.gif

X360..

Jordan says: (11:07:18 PM)

you got something wrong

Jordan says: (11:07:34 PM)

Q4 Fiscal 2007

Jordan says: (11:07:45 PM)

for take-two that is november-january

Jordan says: (11:07:58 PM)

that is their fiscal (financial) fourth quarter

Adriaan says: (11:08:34 PM)

no

Jordan says: (11:09:10 PM)

A fiscal year (or financial year or accounting reference date) is a 12-month period used for calculating annual ("yearly") financial statements in businesses.

Jordan says: (11:09:25 PM)

Adriaan says: (11:09:27 PM)

"For the fourth quarter ending October 31, 2007" - T2 press release

Jordan says: (11:09:53 PM)

oh so their first quarter is november-january lol

Jordan says: (11:10:00 PM)

makes bad sense

user posted image

I do have to say people asked pretty interesting GTA IV questions during Q&A.

Main points I picked out:

- "We're confirming the release date and we are going to meet that" is what they said today. The North American release date will be October 16, 23 or 30.

- Speaking about the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of the game, an executive with Take-Two said that the two versions "are not going to be identical experiences but they are going to be close."

- The second episode of episodic content for the Xbox 360 version of the game will be out "later in fiscal 2008."

- "We deliberately tried to limit the number of special edition versions in our guidance."

Edited by Jordan

The question about GTA IV for PS2 was classic...

It'll soon be available on the website of Take Two for listening again.

The difference between the PS3 and Xbox 360 will be much less noticeable than the difference between PS2 and Xbox for SA. So, don't get shocked.

Also, why did they ask about PS2? LOL! That's an awkwardly stupid question, it's almost like asking if there was a Wii version, or something. Or better yet, a downgraded PC version. Come on, they should've asked about the PC version. Even if we were fairly positive about it, it doesn't hurt to milk some info about a PC version, and the progress/plans regarding it.

Also, why did they ask about PS2? LOL! That's an awkwardly stupid question.

You'd be surprised at how many e-mails I get asking me if there will be a PS2 version suicidal.gif

user posted image

AndyGanteks

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 11 2007, 18:28)

You'd be surprised at how many e-mails I get asking me if there will be a PS2 version

I'd rather ask will there be GTA SAS for psp and ps2 then GTA IV.cheesh

I've always thought a fiscal year starts at the beginning of September, and always tends to end during the latter September, a year later. whatsthat.gif

QUOTE (nlitement @ Jun 11 2007, 18:28)

You'd be surprised at how many e-mails I get asking me if there will be a PS2 version

I'd rather ask will there be GTA SAS for psp and ps2 then GTA IV.cheesh

That question was already answered, GG. So, I still win with my suggestion. cry.gif PC!

I've always thought a fiscal year starts at the beginning of September, and always  tends to end during the latter September, a year later.  whatsthat.gif

Fiscal year simply means 12 months. That's when you're legally obligated or whatev. to report your financial status.

Edited by nlitement

freshlaundryX

GTA IV and Bioshock are going to make bank for Take 2.

They are also the two games I'm most excited about this year.

For Take 2: catloaf_by_anuj.gif

mr_mcgregors
UPDATE from conference call: Both episodic episodes will come out during fiscal '08.

[grown up]I don't think this is neccessarily a bad thing for PS3 owners.

We know that both episodes are coming out on X360 between Jan - Oct '08, putting us almost a year after GTA IV's initial release. Would it be fair to say that it might be more than 1 year until the release of the next GTA? In my opinion, more than likely.

As everyone here knows, a PS3 release for DLC hasn't been announced, but crucially it hasn't been ruled out. This is almost a year after it has been announced for the XBox360.

[/grown up]

If it's eventually released for the PS3, it won't be until at least November 2008 at the earliest. As a potential PS3 owner and assuming that DLC will come in the form of mission-pack type episodes, I'd personally prefer this since it'd lengthen the life of a game that would take at least a year to get the full benefit of.

If not, kill me.

connections drawn in my head>>>

- Speaking about the PS3/Xbox 360 versions ... "are not going to be identical experiences but they are going to be close."

+

During Microsoft's E³ press conference in 2006, Peter Moore announced that Rockstar Games were working on two extra downloadable packs via Xbox Live exclusively for the Xbox 360.

=

does anybody think maybe the 360 owners are getting "exclusive downloads" of stuff PS3 owners "already have on the blu-ray disc"? ANYBODY?

<<< end connections

anyway, if it wasn't for the fact that the "exclusive downloads" are of "exclusive content" that would work, but then again maybe the ps3 isn't getting the content in the same way that the ps2 wasn't getting Liberty City Stories or Vice City Stories, my point is that eventually equilibrium is reached and it won't matter because PS3 titles will be better in the long run because the ps3 has "FREE ONLINE GAMING!!!" and if i am going to be playing a game online i am not going to pay $8/m, or $50/y for the privilege of doing so, i am going with the one that lets me do it for free, exclusive content or not.