How do I become a moderator?

james_root

james_root

yes, how do i become a moderator in gtaf? i would like to control gaming chat for example smile.gif

yes, how do i become a moderator in gtaf? i would like to control gaming chat for example smile.gif

Lets just say you whont.

jqmqKlq.gif

james_root
You're 5 years late.

if you want an example Ottae is on this forums for a year but his a mod in gta 4 thread.

Jonny_Tightlips
i would like to control gaming chat for example smile.gif

haha, get in line.

Regardless though, join date doesn't matter. Just commit to the forum and be a big help. smile.gif

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

GTA3Rockstar

Don't ask. I'm not saying it just to say it but you don't ask to be one and since you did, you won't tounge.gif

fbeRElG.png

james_root
Don't ask. I'm not saying it just to say it but you don't ask to be one and since you did, you won't tounge.gif

what did i do dozingoff.gif

GTA3Rockstar

what did i do dozingoff.gif

You asked how to be one. You never ask or you shall not receieve and of course, if you are lucky.

fbeRElG.png

dertyjerzian

yea ok, lets give the guy named james_ROOT the key to the city lol.gif hahaha Access to every member's IP address, I think not.

haha, you asked to be a mod? Why would you ever ASK to be a mod?!? I can see being offered the position and denying it, or being offered and then taking it because of your GTAF pride or whatever, but ASKING for it? One should never WANT to become ledby at any forum. Unless of course they have control issues...

"I want to -control- gaming chat"

Yup. never going to happen lol.

Peace user posted image

edit: you're a cool dude though man, I'm glad to be your peer icon14.gif

Edited by dertyjerzian™
Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

Gaming chat doesn't need a Led-by, it'snot really as high of a traffic area such as the GTAIV section or General chat where topics come up often. It's a pretty laid back section of the forums and we have more than enough Mods who can cover any problems of issues in that area.

fV9tG4b.gif

i would like to control gaming chat for example smile.gif

haha, get in line.

Regardless though, join date doesn't matter. Just commit to the forum and be a big help. smile.gif

Exactly.

You lot make me laugh, He has just as much chance as anyone of becoming staff, he has asked a question, got one decent answer, now he knows.

Why will he NEVER be a ledby? Someone care to explain?

If you dont ask the question, you will never get the answer, and in the correct forum for asking such question.

@Topic started, good luck. icon14.gif

x3FWE.png

TheDude5000

You want to control it? Bad choice of words. Anyway, it's well moderated like Vanzant said, no need for new led-by's.

user posted image

ok blush.gif i got my answer. i thought maybe gtaf needs hardworking people like me tounge.gif

i thought maybe gtaf needs hardworking people like me tounge.gif

You don't need ledby status to have your efforts felt on the forums wink.gif

Maybe, if you really want to set your heart on this, start working on your grammar and the quality of your posts. smile.gif

A bit off-topic, but I swear I just saw at least a couple of members about some hours ago sporting the "ADMIN" title and Group: Super Admin, but then quite suddenly those were gone. At first I thought they were promoted to that position.

Was that meant to be a joke?

Did you? I didn't see that, what happened?

Hmm. I'm sure you saw that sly.gif

HaHa, I'm sure it will be explained in due course, in fact, I've got some winged monkeys working on it now.

oldschoolsigs6.png

Must be one of those "acid flashbacks" but nope, I never saw it. What you probally saw was the tail light on one of those huge Airliners. xmas.gif

fV9tG4b.gif

Hehe. That was some really neat work. icon14.gif I wonder what the real admin guys thought about it. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, it was pretty surprising. I was like, how could Parky be a super admin when he joined in 06? Neat.

jqmqKlq.gif

Testy The Panda Bear

Being a moderator on this board is a full time job and it pays quite poorly. I moderate these boards 20 hours a day for $1.20 an hour. Before committing yourself just make sure you understand this, by the end of the day you will be exhausted and your eyes will be aching.

You're 5 years late.

if you want an example Ottae is on this forums for a year but his a mod in gta 4 thread.

sad.gif

2 in 5 days actually!

I've done quite a bit since I joined, that's probably why.

in5dJdX.png

HaHa, I'm sure it will be explained in due course, in fact, I've got some winged monkeys working on it now.

Due course = now.

I was out of action for the event, and your gtawiki edits proved most unhelpful. "Owning Platty" is a daily occurrence - almost a non event - surely...? catloaf_by_anuj.gif

user posted image

Wazzat? Negative karma?

Edited by -/TNT\-

As you wish, I'll have to quote a few things seen as the topics are in Z forums.

Topic Title: Keep Platty banned?

Platty was taking the piss out of Datalord over Xfire for whatever reason, so Data switched him into the busted group.

As a prank on just Platty, he was going to leave him there for abit, and the results of the poll ended up like this.

No [ 7 ] [36.84%]

Yes [ 7 ] [36.84%]

Yes [ 5 ] [26.32%]

So he was going to leave him like that until:

I'm totally compfuzzled by what's going on, I'm as comfused as George Micheal in a Toilet Block.

But if its a wind-up thing then yeah unban him but put him in the AMF for a few days to confuse him.

Crokey came up with this idea, but because no leaders of any other gang were on, we had to think of more.

Data:

Found a group super adminastrator[sic] has admin colour and normal member privilages as far as I know. yay, nay?

Data found this, and if anyone remembers why Platty got banned all those moons ago, you'll see it was perfect.

Well, me and Kippers volunteered to be in on the joke, to "Assist Platty in not cocking up"

So Data moved the three of us into the Super Adminastrators group, the only power we had was the pip and the Yellow name, but damn, it felt good.

With a few convenient 500 ISE, Data convinced Platty that he had broke the Database, and thats we didn't have any powers, or couldn't see the OGA etc.

Well, Platty was convinced that he was actually an admin, he hadn't seen the topic in Z forums because he was in the Busted group.

Pwn** Platinum: hai faiv

Pwn*|Parky: <3

Pwn** Platinum: <3

Pwn*|Parky: heeh

Pwn*|Parky: hehe*

Pwn*|Parky: i think we're not allowed to view everything yet

Pwn*|Parky: its sort of an

Pwn*|Parky: initiation

Pwn** Platinum: yeh

Pwn** Platinum: kippers too

Pwn*|Parky: yeh i know

Pwn*|Parky: he said hed help aswell

And Another

Platinum: When Data has sorted this out, I'm guna do it properly, not f*ck around or anything.

Extract of Platinum being sure he's an admin.

Then, as we expanded into the realms of Off-Topic, and the Hell Hole that was the Dan Sayers (Demarest) arrested! topic, we started to post, and people were shocked that 3 nobodies had been made super admins.

Actual Quotes, hot off the press.

Me

Bah, if I could be arsed I'd ban him now.

See what the poll ends up as... 

Toga 62

When more then 2 mods and even a super admin
Meaning myself, after I had said above quote.

Then towards the end of the topic, I scared a few people into them thinking I was going to ban them because of spam.

Uno Carb

PS. Several of us are about to get temp-banned up the freakin' arsehole.

Me

anuj_cop.gif  Who wants to be first?

Uno

I told you. Did I not call it?

I'll go first, as long as it's a temp ban because A) I'll sacrifice myself for the benefit of others and B) I have to go shortly anyway.

C) Who ARE you anyway?

PS. Go easy on me, eh? This ol' veteran back ain't what it used to be!

Then after that, we strolled over into the GTAIV forums to scare a few people. I even got my first bit of Hate Mail biggrin.gif

Alot of the forums were pretty convinced, shame it couldn't last longer sad.gif

I'm sure there's some info I've missed out, Kippers or Z members could expand on this probably.

Oh yeh, Data posted a topic in the Mod Cave about turning this properly forum wide, and making a topic in Announcments that we had become Admins, but there weren't any replies bar 1 from STM, so we couldn't go through with it sad.gif

Oh snap! A certain Banned member was even that convinced, he told me he was using another account to post on...

Edited by Parky.1
oldschoolsigs6.png

Well now that explains it. I was just wondering if the real admin guys didn't take that negatively in that a forums protocol was toyed at.