Hidden Politcal/socioeconomical Messages

I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT

I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT

The big obvious one: First GTA game the main character is black. Police will shoot on the spot, even if u only have 1 star.

past games, police will only shoot u when u have 2 or more stars.

sad but true. what u guys think? anuj_cop.gif (black)

Master_Hitman

For starters, I believe they only start shooting at level 1 if you:

A. Have a fairly dangerous weapon (At least an SMG.)

B. Have shot at someone else.

C. Went from level 2-6 back to 1 via police bribes. They never seem to stop shooting then.

But in terms of socio-political messages, while some Like police corruption, the effects of drugs, and the value of not running away from your problems (and that last one is so stretching it...) do exist, this games is also a satire/parody where everything is lampooned and nothing is spared. So sometimes what could be a social commentary could just be a joke.

I dunno man... there was this one time where I was walking with no weapons or anything. All of a sudden I hear "Officer in pursuit of suspect!", I figure it's somone running away from the cops, then I hear "Officer in need of backup!", and turn around to see a cop just walking around. I turn around and hear "Suspect has opened fire! Engaging!", Then he shoots at me!!!!

For starters, I believe they only start shooting at level 1 if you:

A. Have a fairly dangerous weapon (At least an SMG.)

B. Have shot at someone else.

C. Went from level 2-6 back to 1 via police bribes. They never seem to stop shooting then.

But in terms of socio-political messages, while some Like police corruption, the effects of drugs, and the value of not running away from your problems (and that last one is so stretching it...) do exist, this games is also a satire/parody where everything is lampooned and nothing is spared. So sometimes what could be a social commentary could just be a joke.

A. Have a gun in hand.

smile.gif

dertyjerzian

The Number 23

And this was the game that introduced police brains for weapons sly.gif If you had a gun drawn, they shot at one star. If you had anything else or a fist, they came with the club.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.