Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,281 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

rubregg

Early Side-Missions In Locked-Off Areas

Jack Reacher

Master Save File update: Rustler acquired in Doherty garage before first mission

Dark_side646
Master Save File update: Rustler acquired in Doherty garage before first mission

Sorry for replying so late but congrats, buddy. I've been trying to get the Rustler for ages and never could. If you're still here, could you point out what strategy you used to obtain it?

Jack Reacher

Cant believe I didnt think of this, why not try go for the Black Perennial? Basically start Big Smoke mission, push the destroyed perennial to the santa maria garage ( use another car to keep it open, can you even store it like this as long as the door doesnt close?)

Now that you have it, fail the mission and save. You should have the Black Perennial and Big Smoke still hasnt been completed, so you still havent done the first mission in the game yet, just thought I would mention this as I thought we had found everything to do early in the game

However downside is you will trigger the audio thingy at the start of the game. Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

Dark_side646
Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

I got some bad news. It won't work. I tried it but the "Grove-Street" audio sequence will be triggered in the small fraction of time after Burglary ends and before "Big Smoke" starts. I didn't hear it completely before the mission started, so I failed the mission and tried to see if the audio could still be triggered but it didn't. So I guess you're gonna have to risk a mission failure and triggering the "Grove-Street" line if you're thinking of getting Smoke's Perennial using this method.

Jack Reacher

Eh, I find having a rare black car more valuable than the audio trigger and a failed mission stat. If we could keep the mission attempts and passed stats equal maybe I would re consider, but because of Mt Chiliad Challenges you cant so eh why not. About getting this car, is it even possible to store cars that have been destroyed? In most of my attempts the garage closes on them halfway and they dissapear, if I were to hold the garage open with another car would it work?

pomor

Cant believe I didnt think of this, why not try go for the Black Perennial? Basically start Big Smoke mission, push the destroyed perennial to the santa maria garage ( use another car to keep it open, can you even store it like this as long as the door doesnt close?)

Now that you have it, fail the mission and save. You should have the Black Perennial and Big Smoke still hasnt been completed, so you still havent done the first mission in the game yet, just thought I would mention this as I thought we had found everything to do early in the game

However downside is you will trigger the audio thingy at the start of the game. Is it possible to have burglary mission on, and stand right on the mission trigger so that the audio isnt triggered? I mean by this as soon as the burglary mission is over due to time running out, the red marker should appear, maybe it will trigger the mission faster than the audio is triggered

I acquired Black Perenial more then once, first thing to do after I decide that master save is completed (take some GSF with you, they kill these pesky Vagos and chase off any Cops if you get a star by bumping the wrong car) but I do not see how one can fail this mission, save from geting CJ wasted/busted. Which kind of sucks on master save. Sweet and the others seemd immortal. And if you lag behing, they will wait for you indefinitely.

Dark_side646

It might work. I tried it long ago with a Euros that got blown up near Katie's house. I was able to push it all the way to the Paradiso safe-house. The garage had a bike that I used to keep the door open and then let it close when the wreck was fully inside. Presto, the Euros was good as new. This method also worked when I tried to acquire the Infernus (Beat Down on B-Dup) and Phoenix (Home in the Hills), both of which got blown up along the way.

The problem with Smoke's Perenial is that the beach safe-house is way too far (possibly making the wreck vanish along the way) and when you're pushing it, the pink Voo-Doo of the Ballas will constantly attack you. Also, if the PS2 version has the option of turning off the frame-limiter then turn it off. It makes pushing locked cars or wrecks a little faster in my PC version, at least.

pomor

What? As I said, I got Black Perenial into the garage about three times, during diferent playthroughs, sometimes it disappears, you just need to be quick, put the wreck parallel to the garage doors, then push it in. After that you can go to complete the mission. I just don't see how this missin could be failed without killing CJ.

Jack Reacher

damn that sucks, I thought I could go up to them at the end, not enter the red marker and blast them away. Is it possible to somehow push them into the water at the end, or does the cutscene start if you get too close?

The bike you are supposed to ride, what happens if you put that into the water?

pomor

The bike you are supposed to ride, what happens if you put that into the water?

That is good idea, never tried it. Frankly I have never thought about geting Black P. on the master save, I merly wanted to acqire it, fail the mission, and then complete it without detours, as it is supposed to be played.

As for attempting to kill them, you just need to leave your bike behind and go to the place where they wait for you, and shoot away. Come to think about it, I am not so sure they are indeed immortal. As I remember I have emptied several clips of AK47 into Sweets head, and somewhat less into BS and Ryder, and didn't get any reaction from them, but maybe they can be killed with explosions or fire... My attempts to murder them were half hearted at best devil.gif

Edited by pomor

Dark_side646
What? As I said, I got Black Perenial into the garage about three times

Sorry, I was responding to Jack. I couldn't see your post before mine since we posted at nearly the same time. suicidal.gif

Jack Reacher

Alright il try it now, first il try destroying the bike as that seems easier by simply diving it into water, then il try kill them from a distance with sniperfire headshots and rockets. If that fails il try get close to them without triggering the cutscene and see if I can push them out of grove street to east each and drown them, im leaving that method for last because its ridiculous

Update: Success, drove the BMX into a pool and the mission failed. Zmoon showed me in a video you can pass this mission with any vehicle actually, but if you crash the bike into the water it will fail. So, you dont have to sacrifice your death stat.

Im thinking of keeping this car on a seperate file, so those who download my latest update on GTA Garage will have 2 files, one with the car ( for collection purposes I guess ) and one without it but with the audio at GSF.

Edited by Jack Reacher

MePlayingGTA

I guess I can ask this here.. I have done some side missions before any story mission. I try to do the same as Zmoonchild on youtube. I wonder why I can keep all my guns even if I get wasted or busted? It happened before I met Barbara or Katie. I have not used any cheats.

Jack Reacher

It has something to do with one of your other save files having that girlfriend

lil weasel

When you played the game before and had the girlfriends the data was written beyond any other date.

Since you didn't Delete the previous save game and only wrote 'over' it the extended girlfriend data remained intact. Very useful in replays. If you don't want the 'benefit' you can always Delete the file and save again.

(this is really a matter of Game Play, not Early sub-missions.)

MePlayingGTA

Oh ok.. Well, I was not as good as Zmoonchild, you know when he did it CJ was never wasted or busted and even if I'm doing pretty well on early side missions, CJ has been wasted and busted several times biggrin.gif But the only "bad effect" on that is the decrease of criminal rating?

AdvanceTrak RSC

Tookaot of hard work into doing this thanks alot icon14.gifcookie.gif

Jioyt

How about we try getting 13.37 on the mobile version of the game, I will, after getting a hang on the controls and techniquest

EDIT: I probably won't do it now, my game crashes after about 15 minutes of free play, that includes missions to

Edited by Jioyt

ishotbatman

How about we try getting 13.37 on the mobile version of the game, I will, after getting a hang on the controls and techniquest

EDIT: I probably won't do it now, my game crashes after about 15 minutes of free play, that includes missions to

I have a work in progress posted on SNP if you're interested. http://gtaforums.com/topic/678479-snp-starter-save-androidwip/

Jioyt 123

Hey i forgot my password for my other account ( jioyt) so i made this one with my xbox name as the name.

Anyways, i CAN play more than ten minutes now. I deleted and redownloaded san adreas on ios.(thank goodnes for cloud save) i completed the game ages ago, but i may give the 13.37 a go.

HeroBrineR007

Hey i forgot my password for my other account ( jioyt) so i made this one with my xbox name as the name.

Anyways, i CAN play more than ten minutes now. I deleted and redownloaded san adreas on ios.(thank goodnes for cloud save) i completed the game ages ago, but i may give the 13.37 a go.

On mobile you can get 13,70%. The LV gym moves are available too. Thanks to khsh97 for the info.

Edit: Sorry for bump. Didn't see the date.

Edited by HeroBrineR007

khsh97

On mobile you can get 13,53%. The LV gym moves are available too. Thanks to khsh97 for the info.

Its 13.90%

Edited by khsh97

HeroBrineR007

On mobile you can get 13,53%. The LV gym moves are available too. Thanks to khsh97 for the info.

Its 13.70%

Ok i ment 13,70%. Thanks

HeroBrineR007

Ok confirmed. On Mobile you can get 14,97% completion since the Gyms are all open.

HeroBrineR007

All gyms are open before Big Smoke mission. That's how you can get 14,97% completion before Big Smoke, unlike 13,37% like in other platforms

Luna 51

Unless you do the jetpack glitch in the beginning you can get 14.97% on the PC and console.

HeroBrineR007

Jetpack glitch requires cheating. And suiciding

Edited by HeroBrineR007

Luna 51

Well actually I forgot to mention that part