Can't afford Photoshop

nabo45

Are there any good alternatives to Photoshop out there, or any older cheaper versions that i can use on Vista, if so please let me know, thank you...

- nabo45

The GIMP is supposed have just as many features as photoshop. I've used it before, its quite good.

I can't install GIMP at vista it says i need some plugin files or something...

So wait, you could afford Vista but not Photoshop?

Anyway, this is more of a GFX question.

Vista comes pre-loaded on gnewb machines, ya gnoob.

inlove.gif

Get photoshop elements.

Get Linux! biggrin.gif

Ubuntu comes with the GIMP!

Problem solved!

But if you can't... there are plenty of 'open source' photo editing programs out there!

Good Luck!

Remember This.

Look here...

Its another topic on the same thing.

I think somewhere in there it says something about how to install GIMP on Windows, you need to install another program first.

If your truly intrested in art and stuff, go buy a new Wacom. You get a new toy to paint with, and you'll get Corell Essetials 2 and Photoshop Elements with it. (at least with the graphire model I bought)

I got mine for 100 bucks off of Newegg, well worth the money if your actually serious.

IceCreamMan

I believe warez is wrong and continues to hurt the software community.

Join me in prayer this night so that programmers everywhere will feel a warmth in their hearts.

Edited by REspawn

Remember This.
I got photoshop Cs2 for free do you believe in torrents ?

Read the rules man, discussion of warez (including torrents) is against the rules, unless they are legal, and I doubt yours are.

dertyjerzian

the Gimp requires the GTK Runtime Environment. You have to install it using a xp compatibility mode, then install gimp using an xp compatibility mode as well.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

IceCreamMan

I got photoshop Cs2 for free do you believe in torrents ?

Read the rules man, discussion of warez (including torrents) is against the rules, unless they are legal, and I doubt yours are.

Nah there legal man I'm safe. icon14.gif

faded_bro4life

hey buddy, news flash. photoshop cs2 is under copyright so when you download for free from a torrent, its called boot legging and that is illegal. (Rest of hypocritical post purified by Tsuroki. - Warez is against the rules, mmkay?)

Edited by Tsuroki

Vista comes pre-loaded on gnewb machines, ya gnoob.

inlove.gif

Get photoshop elements.

yes, but you can refuse to have it pre-installed, saving yourself $200

If your truly intrested in art and stuff, go buy a new Wacom. You get a new toy to paint with, and you'll get Corell Essetials 2 and Photoshop Elements with it. (at least with the graphire model I bought)

I got mine for 100 bucks off of Newegg, well worth the money if your actually serious.

Oooh! Thanks for pointing out Newegg, they've got some nice tablets for pretty low prices! I'll probably be getting one in a few days! biggrin.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Paintshop Pro is a cheaper alternative. I use it as well and it has a lot of features that Photoshop has.

Remember This.

DiVaio! I remember when you used to be one of the leading guys around GFX, where you been? I haven't seen you around here since I rejoined.

Paintshop Pro is a cheaper alternative. I use it as well and it has a lot of features that Photoshop has.

Yea i know, i got a 60 day trial with my computer, im atchully thinking about buying it, anyways thanks for all the help i really appriciate it...

- nabo45

paint.NET is awesome. It's free, and IMO better than GIMP. The only drawback is that it only works on Windows, because it needs the .NET framework installed. (I don't know if it is possible to install in linux, using wine or something, it might be)

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.