Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jonny_Tightlips

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

Recommended Posts

Cameron Star
Posted (edited)

Alan Wake. Last time I played it was eight years ago, it was one of the first games I played when I got my 360. I hadn't watched Twin Peaks, played Silent Hill or even knew who Stephen King was back then so playing it again now knowing some of its influences makes it both very refreshing and nostalgic almost like I'm playing again for the first time.

 

I'll be playing American Nightmare afterwards which I also remember enjoying.

Edited by Cameron Star
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArthurMorganRDR

Batman Arkham City and Red Dead Online.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TwistOfLime21

The first Uncharted. Its somewhat fun but extremely repetitive. Shoot some bad guys, move to the next location and shoot the same three NPCs again. Not to mention the awful dodge system either. I keep reading that the story is good, and that’s the only thing keeping me from switching to another game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
9 hours ago, ArthurMorganRDR said:

Batman Arkham City

Reminded me I need to continue with my Arkham City game. Unintentionally missed it when it first released. Was delighted it got a remaster of sorts for current gen. 

 

I played more Watch Dogs 2 last night. I think I've finally broken-in to it beyond casually liking it. I think it takes a serious withdrawal of GTA to appreciate Watch Dogs as it's own thing. It's not GTA. It has some elements. But when you strip away the similarities to GTA and focus on what Watch Dogs does well, it's a really solid game. 

 

I love the puzzles of hacking Ctos and have just completed the mission where you break into the Nudle server room. 

 

709c1430-a28d-470a-8365-1580d297c7ea.PNG

 

366b9fde-3828-4e85-bec5-fac876577b85.PNG

 

b3767f50-c0dc-44ed-a9cc-8de1a079921e.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kngee1899
Posted (edited)

red dead online mostly. Pubg sometimes, but not much anymore because ive noticed that those days i usually get my panic/anxiety attacks acting up for some reason,, idk i quess the whole constant adrenaline jumps you get from playing competitive shooting games like pubg, seem to trigger the whole disorder later that day more easily for some reason, so prob wont play pubg until i get some pills/medice for it.

Bought the Last Of Us yesterday and playing it first time in my life.

Also there happened to be this Wreckfest and headset set so i got that too, because iv been thinking to buy the game and also need new headset and the headset was basicly free as the game alone was the exact same price 29 bucks in that store,,,,, well the headset is not very goog as you might quess from the price, but okay and works, but i still ended up using my old raggedyass headset because it still works somehow and sounds much much better than this. Will use this new one when the old ones die.

The wreckfest gets kind of boring offline playing alone, but im sure im going to have fun playing it online against other players when the update finish loading.

2_585556-661x760.jpgThe-Last-of-Us-Remastered-Box-Art.jpg

Edited by WapitiWarrior1899

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip

I just finished Alan Wake...for 'bout the 10th time maybe.

 

There's something to be said for a nice linear store with simple controls game.  I like what Remedy has become through time, but I would kill to see them release a simple romp like the days of Alan Wake.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mister Pink
11 hours ago, trip said:

I just finished Alan Wake...for 'bout the 10th time maybe.

 

There's something to be said for a nice linear store with simple controls game.  I like what Remedy has become through time, but I would kill to see them release a simple romp like the days of Alan Wake.

I started that game but never finished it at the time, even though I was looking forward to it. People really praise it so, I'm feeling I should give it another go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip
29 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

I started that game but never finished it at the time, even though I was looking forward to it. People really praise it so, I'm feeling I should give it another go. 

Do it!

It's not a super long game.   They pace it well too.  Just when it starts to feel like a slog they do a drastic scene change. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again

Waste Land 3 on Xbox

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trip

Been trying to play Wasteland 3 but it just isn't sticking ...yet.

 

I've been digging the DLCs for Control.  I just started the one that has Alan Wake in it.  Neat.

 

I always see articles googooing over Control.  The game is good and I would certainly recommend it, but I always feel like I must be missing something if people seem to LOVE this game.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
3 hours ago, trip said:

Been trying to play Wasteland 3 but it just isn't sticking ...yet.

 

I've been digging the DLCs for Control.  I just started the one that has Alan Wake in it.  Neat.

 

I always see articles googooing over Control.  The game is good and I would certainly recommend it, but I always feel like I must be missing something if people seem to LOVE this game.

 

WL3 needs some updates..

fingers crossed..it will get better

load times are very slow............🐢

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArthurMorganRDR

Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare on Xbox 360.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cactus.
On 8/24/2020 at 3:39 AM, TwistOfLime21 said:

The first Uncharted. Its somewhat fun but extremely repetitive. Shoot some bad guys, move to the next location and shoot the same three NPCs again. Not to mention the awful dodge system either. I keep reading that the story is good, and that’s the only thing keeping me from switching to another game. 

Yeah, I finished that too a few months ago. Was such a slog near the end, and I hated that section with the mutant things. f*ck that noise. It wasn't quite as bad as I'd expected, and liked the overall story, dialogue, etc. But most UC games for me really wear out their welcome by the end with the endless waves of enemies. 

 

On 8/24/2020 at 8:15 AM, Mister Pink said:

I played more Watch Dogs 2 last night. I think I've finally broken-in to it beyond casually liking it. I think it takes a serious withdrawal of GTA to appreciate Watch Dogs as it's own thing. It's not GTA. It has some elements. But when you strip away the similarities to GTA and focus on what Watch Dogs does well, it's a really solid game. 

I've recently thrown in the towel on open world games, but the next one I do play will be this. It looks like it has a lot of personality and charm, however campy it may be with the hacking theme. I'm just a cheapskate and am still waiting for it to be offered on PS+

 

 

I must've had Transistor in my library for like 5 years or something. Finally carved out the time for it and boy am I glad cause it's f*cking awesome. It's gorgeous. Every frame looks a piece of art that you could put in a gallery. Gameplay was so strange to me at first. Still is. I'm on NG+ and still learning some basic combat techniques that I'd overlooked in my first playthrough. As you progress the game rewards you with abilities that you can combine with other abilities to create unique affects. There are seemingly endless ways to combine these and discover new attacks. I like how it handles fail states too. There's a big tolerance for "dying" and instead the game just removes a certain abilities for a period of time, and in doing so invites you to try other functions that you may have ignored. Being a short game of 4-6 hours is definitely a plus in my book, and I can see myself heading into NG++ because it still has a lot to offer. It's not quite like any other game I've played so it's a memorable one for sure. Highly recommend!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Candy_Licker

Crusader Kings 3. Managed to play a few hours on Saturday, but in the evenings, I'm too tired and lazy to play games so I doze off at 1 am watching tv. I think I need to go to bed earlier instead of getting high and sleeping on my couch half the time. But it keeps the bad vibes away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cameron Star

Perfect Dark Zero. I barely remember playing it on my brother's Xbox way back when. I'm okay at video games and shooters but this is so difficult I have no idea how thirteen year old me ever beat it. It's also super cheesy but that's what makes it good.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rebel Yell

I'm fascinated with Crusader Kings II for a couple of months. Now, I'm playing as the Tsar of Bulgaria and I recently conquered the Byzantine Empire. And it's a pulse-racing thrill. Obviously, a lot of Byzantine lords have gone ape-sh*t and they continously pressed their claims for the throne. Well, most of them are Greek and Catholic (in my current gameplay, the majority of the Byzantines have converted to Catholic faith... yeah). I have fought with them for about ten years and I miraculously survived (through assassinations or scheming against them). In the end, I destroyed my title as the Basileus of Byzantium to put a (temporary) end to all those claim wars. To rub salt on the wound, Muslim rulers are fighting against me for land (which has gone smooth so far thanks to the other rulers who offered to fight by my side). I'm trying to crush a major independence faction now. If they ever come victorious (which is a high possibility), they would take a lot of lands under my control. Especially, I'm trying to off that dude who has like 8.000 men force in his army. 

 

It could have done a little bit better but the role-playing aspect of the game is pretty awesome. For example, my previous ruler had acquired the "Lunatic" trait somehow. He passed ridiculous laws such "putting holes in houses" and "banning pants". And I roleplayed him as a power-hungry maniac who eventually murdered his own nephew for everyone to know that he's business. Weird part... he was known as "the Wise" after all that crazy stuff he did... yeah.

 

I heard that Crusader Kings III has improved the role-playing on a high scale. I'd like to purchase it for a better price once I get some money together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
3 hours ago, Rebel Yell said:

I'm fascinated with Crusader Kings II for a couple of months. Now, I'm playing as the Tsar of Bulgaria and I recently conquered the Byzantine Empire. And it's a pulse-racing thrill. Obviously, a lot of Byzantine lords have gone ape-sh*t and they continously pressed their claims for the throne. Well, most of them are Greek and Catholic (in my current gameplay, the majority of the Byzantines have converted to Catholic faith... yeah). I have fought with them for about ten years and I miraculously survived (through assassinations or scheming against them). In the end, I destroyed my title as the Basileus of Byzantium to put a (temporary) end to all those claim wars. To rub salt on the wound, Muslim rulers are fighting against me for land (which has gone smooth so far thanks to the other rulers who offered to fight by my side). I'm trying to crush a major independence faction now. If they ever come victorious (which is a high possibility), they would take a lot of lands under my control. Especially, I'm trying to off that dude who has like 8.000 men force in his army. 

 

It could have done a little bit better but the role-playing aspect of the game is pretty awesome. For example, my previous ruler had acquired the "Lunatic" trait somehow. He passed ridiculous laws such "putting holes in houses" and "banning pants". And I roleplayed him as a power-hungry maniac who eventually murdered his own nephew for everyone to know that he's business. Weird part... he was known as "the Wise" after all that crazy stuff he did... yeah.

 

I heard that Crusader Kings III has improved the role-playing on a high scale. I'd like to purchase it for a better price once I get some money together. 

its free on Xbox pc game pass, I think about getting it too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-7-
On 8/14/2020 at 2:58 AM, gooeyhole said:

6350-onimusha-warlords-playstation-2-fro

Not the biggest fan of the Resident Evil type of camera, but I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Atmosphere is top notch.

I loved the game too, even tho it gets kinda repetitive after a while I always find myself coming back to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArthurMorganRDR

Mafia Remake trying to 100% everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.