3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Jonny_Tightlips

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

JON22

I was playing No Man's Sky but after the last update to fix Visions bugs the framerate's gone to sh*t on Fatbox One.

Dryspace
13 hours ago, Commander S said:

but there's also the optional 'Forward Operating Base' part, which ...isn't optional.

Wow...I had no idea about anything like this, nor would I ever have suspected it. I'll be honest, I don't think I fully understand: Are you saying that there is truly no way to complete a single-player playthrough without going online/dealing with this multiplayer aspect? E.g., would physically disconnecting from the Web allow one to complete a game?

I think the optional-but-not-optional thing is throwing me off. It doesn't sound like something I would ever want or expect to deal with--nonvoluntarily--in a single-player game. I didn't do a lot of research though, so I may be at fault for assuming it was a SP game.

Commander S
3 hours ago, Dryspace said:

Wow...I had no idea about anything like this, nor would I ever have suspected it. I'll be honest, I don't think I fully understand: Are you saying that there is truly no way to complete a single-player playthrough without going online/dealing with this multiplayer aspect? E.g., would physically disconnecting from the Web allow one to complete a game?

I think the optional-but-not-optional thing is throwing me off. It doesn't sound like something I would ever want or expect to deal with--nonvoluntarily--in a single-player game. I didn't do a lot of research though, so I may be at fault for assuming it was a SP game.

IIRC, you can finish the story just fine offline - but you'll get an urgent prompt to do the FOB tutorial (mission 22) if you're online ANY time after doing mission 21. And skipping that prompt will automatically ...kill off a bunch of your Mother Base staff, because the NPC invaders will automatically count as having 'won' unless you do that mission straight away.

If you always play in offline mode (easier if you're on PC, I suspect), it'll never come up - and some of the missions aren't vital for story progression (a decent chunk of later missions are just 'challenge' replays of certain earlier ones, with new objectives/difficulty modifiers built in). Basically, if you stay offline, you can complete the main story completely - everything else is more for 100% completion.

Dryspace

@Commander S

Ah, alright. That seems reassuring. Thanks for explaining it.

jpm1

FS19

c0AoO0E.jpg

RXcrMSn.jpg

ARTHUR.
On 11/24/2018 at 3:57 AM, jpm1 said:

2p2moXQ.jpg

How the hell can you play a HUD bukake like that? It's suffocating.

jpm1

did you ever try the game before commenting. i mean there's nothing wrong by making comments, but you'd better know what you're talking about before engaging a discussion. it's a coop game about fierce resistance, with zero dead time

Emmi

Red Dead Online

HaRdSTyLe_83
On 12/1/2018 at 4:53 AM, jpm1 said:

hardware innovation is good, i mean who denies that. but what i was pointing out, what's the point of making a 4k thing if no hardware can run it. this is that always more commercial logic i was talking about. there's always more while we don't even need it

we have hardware to run it, its doesn't take much to run [email protected]

On 11/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, jpm1 said:

people nowadays always want more. the thing is do we need more...

need is relative. I "need" to play at 4K the same way i "need" to play at 1080P. Nothing is a necessity when we are talking about gaming.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:05 PM, jpm1 said:

i mean great games like GTAIV have prooved that hardware has the maturity to make good (i mean really good) games actually. look at RDR2, look how hard they worked. 700 000 audio sentences, 300 000 animations. do we need that extreme to enjoy a game, i believe not. but sadly it sells, because when you present the product to kids, or teenagers that kind of (stupid) arguments sells. woah dude, look buddy, look the great game i have it has 700 000 sentences, if i hear 30 sentences per day of gaming, i'll see the end in 63 years. this is ridiculous, but sadly this is how marketing goes nowadays

It just proves the opposite, RDR2 on the standard playstation / Xbox runs like crap, going bellow 25fps so yeah a Pro or X version with better hardware are "needed"

On 11/25/2018 at 1:35 PM, sivispacem said:

I'm still a firm believer that we're at least 1-2 GPU generations away from having properly playable affordable 4K

😛

Edit: i was surprised to see that RIDE 3 was already out, in my mind i was convinced that the release was in mid December. shame i only knew this on sunday or i would spend all weekend glued to the Pc

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Dryspace
11 hours ago, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

I'm still a firm believer that we're at least 1-2 GPU generations away from having properly playable affordable 4K

For whatever it's worth, I want to point out that every AAA game ever released to date would be perfectly playable maxed (barring tacked-on Gameworks) at 3840 x 2160 60+ fps down to mid-range GPUs if the games were coded and optimized for PC hardware rather than being simply toss-ported console code. I believe the gains would probably be considerably higher.

P.S. And barring obtrusive DRM--if indeed it is true that the use of virtual machines is dramatically increasing CPU usage. I haven't played one of these games myself, but I can't think of any other reason an XBox One game would max a modern i7 CPU, especially at 30 - 60 fps.

Edited by Dryspace

Charlottes

I've been playing a combination of Enter the Gungeon and Forza Horizon 4 depending on my mood but i've dipped back into gta:o because of the new update but uh. i dont think that's going to last very long.

Evil empire

I play a lot to Saints row 2. This game has many common points with the GTA's but it crashes too oftenly and the way the camera turns gives me a headache or is too slow.

Dryspace
2 hours ago, Evil empire said:

I play a lot to Saints row 2. This game has many common points with the GTA's but it crashes too oftenly and the way the camera turns gives me a headache or is too slow.

PC or console?

Evil empire

PC

Here's my character by the way 1544385259-saints-row-2-tenue-sportive.j