Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jonny_Tightlips

Official "What are you playing now?" thread

A8ul99

Far Cry 2 at the moment. At this time, I've cleared the northern part of the UAC. And after some time playing the southern mission strand, things are definitely a lot weirder. Especially when dealing with a mortar-armed mercs.

KilnerLUFC

^^I plan to finish Rime first before jumping into Knack. Heard good things about both but Knack got some mediocre reviews.

Rime is also scheduled to be started. I wouldn't normally play a game like it, but it was free and sometimes I just wanna play a chill game, so it seems perfect for that.

Got Rime on day one of release for my Switch, but the well-known issues it had meant I sheleved it, still intact and sealed, which was a massive shame as I was hyped for this game since it first got announced. Well, last week it finally got a patch that addressed many issues, so decided to finally load it up. Only got like 20 minutes in due to not having real time to play, but it's definitely looking like one I'm going to enjoy, despite the bugs and whatnot. Seems pretty simplistic in areas, but I don't mind, a puzzle game is a puzzle game to me.

Been mainly hunting Power Moons in Mario Odyssey and having a blast on Doom lately. Can't believe I'm already becoming backlogged with games on the Switch.

Begoo

Still finnishing AC Origins. Im level 39 so far, soon to reach 40. I have more stuff to explore and more side quests to do, what i have already discovered and visited is all clean. I have Scorpion and other guy to take care off. Last mission i did was meeting Cleopatra where she gave me those two names of last guys to finnish.

Verbal Soze

These days most of the time i play Project Cars 2, with some little time switching back to GTAO, It's a great new experience for me this project cars 2 (minus the graphic)

Mukkus

I'm just starting Witcher 3, mostly exploring the lush scenery and gathering herbs. I'll start questing tonight. Almost killed a lvl 7 ghoul as a lvl 1...

Posted (edited)

I've got the Bloodborne DLC from the EU sale and started playing last night. You need to beat a few bosses before you can access the DLC. I decided to actually use the online features this time around and after solo'ing the entire game, I think I will use coop a bit more.

I only play Dragon Ball FighterZ occassionally now but it's a good game to just hop in for a few rounds of fighting.

Oh and I also started playing Ratchet and Clank from PS+ a few days ago. What a sweet game.

Edited by fashion

Rykjeklut

I went back to Rome Total War 2 again, not knowing there had been a patch that completely f*cked all my mods. God damn it CA, it's 5 years old, stop updating it!

KilnerLUFC

So to keep in nature of me starting as many games as possible at a time and never getting more than an hour through them at a time, I decided to start Saints Row 3 the other day, after deciding to skip 1&2 till another time (SR1 has aged pretty badly)...SR3 is simply a great game to have a blast on. After the serious nature that GTAV went, SR3 is a breath of fresh air to play through.

LiangHuBBB

135 + sth hours in xenoblade 2 and Im just now @ chapter 8
like wow this game keeps going
I hope I will beat this game in like 3 days before ni no kuni 2 comes out lol

Richard Power Colt
Posted (edited)

Played this game called Virginia a few days ago. It's basically a Twin Peaks inspired walking simulator. It has mixed reviews on Steam, mostly I think because of how limited it is in terms of gameplay, but I really enjoyed it. Personally I've never really had a problem with walking simulators as long as they have an engaging story which this one did.

The game is a lot more like movie than a game. The gameplay is pretty much just walking and clicking and there's barely any choice or challenge to it(tho I think there are some secrets you can find as there were a bunch of achievements I didn't get). The individual gameplay sections are also very short, you're pretty much constantly being transported into new places as it tells you a story. It very much is paced like a film or TV show in that sense.

Another movie-like thing is that there are black bars on the top and bottom of the screen literally all the time. This makes the FOV really small which understandably can piss some people off, but it wasn't something that bothered me personally. On top of that the game is locked at 30fps by default. You can go into the settings and change it to 60, but the game will actually warn you that the game was designed with 30 in mind. The whole "cinematic 30 fps" thing is something people like to laugh at, but in this case since there barely is any gameplay I was willing to go along with the devs' recommendation and I played it at 30.

The story is basically that you play as this FBI agent who goes into a small town to investigate the disappearance of a kid(a lot like Twin Peaks). She's also tasked by her boss to snoop info about her suspicious partner. I won't spoil anything beyond that except that it also has a lot of surreal metaphorical dream-like sequences(which again is a lot like Twin Peaks) that left me confused as hell, but I always love that kind of stuff even when I don't understand it. The mystery of it is intriguing to me.

The story is pretty much just told through visuals alone, there's literally no dialogue in this game. There's a couple of moments where you can read a text, but no one ever says anything out loud. A couple of plot points I was a bit confused about, but for the most part I think they did a good job of telling the story this way. The soundtrack played a pretty big role in conveying the right emotions, it's quite loud at times actually. Though they also knew when to have no music at all.

Kind of a long-ish post I felt like making. As far as walking simulators go, this might actually be among my favorites despite its lack of actual gameplay. Because of how snappily the story and gameplay was paced it never really felt a slog to get through. I could see myself replaying it some time, because of that. It was also like 2 hours long.

Edited by Richard Power Colt

Lucius M. Galloway
Posted (edited)

Ghost Recon Wildands. Jesus Christ is this game a bigger fetch quest than Skyrim. Fun game though, but collecting gun parts, skill points, details on operations, rebel ops, etc. takes forever. Love the story though, El Sueño and Lincoln Clay are my favorite video games characters now.

Edited by Lucius M. Galloway

I did the same mistake as you and tried to collect everything. I'd just focus on the main missions and collect whatever you come across. I still need to finish it someday but I've already collected too much stuff and can't just stop with collecting anymore lol. So whenever I look into my unfinished games, I'm not motivated enough to reinstall it.

I threw Bloodborne into the trash bin again and purchased Shadow of the Colossus out of frustration. My god, I f*cking love it so far. The bosses are absolutely spectacular. Beautiful game.

justinlynch3

Mainly GTAO, WWE2K18, and Fallout 4

Rykjeklut

Just got Holdfast. A fun shooter, with some really engaged people. You'd swear they were from the Napoleonic era.

VenomDYOM

I play:

Silent Hill (Still after 15 years ago) I am playing. So much memories.

GTA (Still after 16 years ago) Still playing now, really good game overall.

Resident Evil (Still after 11 years ago) I can't believe, really good action-horror game. But Silent Hill is better than it, in my opinion.

I still own my PS2 and PS1 and I play on them almost every day.

Andreaz1

Watching some Youtubers do a versus challenge in each Pokémon generation has made me want to start a new playthrough of Pokémon Crystal, have to really think of what my team would be in that case.

Asmodo
Posted (edited)

Currently playing

51HG23VZFEL._AC_SX215_.jpg

Finishing up the classic mode then into the story mode I go. I missed out on the PS2-era Tony Hawk games so I'm catching up.

Edited by Asmodo

Great choice. I still own it too although not my PS2 copy. I rebought it for the 360.

Noale

Finishing up Divinity: Original Sin so that I can start on Divinity: OS 2 which I picked up on sale. Great game, and fairly lengthy as well.

Emmi

The Warriors

I finished Shadow of the Colossus last night. What a game. f*ck the last boss though. Maybe it's my own fault for starting on hard mode right away lol.

I'm not done with the game just yet. I'm going to do time attacks until I have all items, max out my stamina by finishing it multiple times, climb the hidden area and collect the remaining coins.

I collected 69/79 gold coins. Used a walkthrough for those. I always tried to collect 5 coins before each boss battle. If I couldn't collect them, I made a note of the ones I couldn't grab. It extended my playtime a lot. Really got to know the world that way.

Also playing Far Cry 5 as my main game.

Big Molio

Orcs Must Die 2

f*ck me if “Crunch” isn’t the most impossible level ever.

LiangHuBBB

Just started playing MM 2 days ago and wow this game is hella fun. It's def. one of the best movie games out there, the movie was great too.

Graphics, gameplay and the open world are amazing.
Feels like a serious version of Borderlands.

The game will shorten my time until Yakuza 6 and GoW comes out this month. :)

VenomDYOM

Playing Silent Hill 3 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, both on PlayStation 2.

Next what I will play is:

Silent Hill Downpour on my PlayStation 3, Far Cry 5 on Microsoft Windows.

jpm1
Posted (edited)

GTAO, Street fighter V: arcade edition (fighting), expeditions: vikings (strategy adventure), and a bit of the long dark (survival)

Edited by jpm1

albanyave

I started Bloodborne and developed a headache almost immediately. When I bought it I knew it was not my type of game but it looked so good that I just couldn't help myself. I died and died and died and died some more. I made it to the first check point after leaving the clinic. I will eventually start this one again because I have a feeling I will enjoy the game if I can ever stop dying.

My headache ended when I popped in Batman Arkham Knight. All smiles and good times now. Just left ACE Chemical. The Batmobile is a beast.

jpm1

TheHunter: Call of the wild + Medgev taïga DLC which has amazing graphics

uw1AlbP.jpg

qPCWxjS.jpg

KqdFCw8.jpg

CSOBxAj.jpg

bLDYdVv.jpg

V1KpgIO.jpg

Night Machine
Posted (edited)

Doom 3 BFG edition and COD Advanced Warfare, both on XB1. Both games look & play fantastic with the XB1 upgrades/remasters. :cool:

Edited by Night Machine

Lucius M. Galloway

Just found out Saints Row 3 was backwards compatible today. When it comes down to character creation and customization, Saints Row always takes the cake. I'm going to be playing this sh*t all night homes.

LiangHuBBB

Got Yakuza 6 today, the only game which keeps giving me the Shenmue flair.
Playing VF5 non stop right now lol.
Y6 has so many dope minigames.
Gotta say it's def. one of the best games in the franchise, although I missed Yakuza Zero.