Do people even care anymore?

Claude GTA3

fireofinferno

Well Gta 3 is great,the dark gloomy feeling was awesome,its really a great game but we do have dif opinions i like vice city,the sunny side up is best for me. cool.gif

I feel your pain. Everyone's going "San Andreas this, San Andreas that", but I'm going "Nah, GTA3 this, GTA3 that", and they start going "you're gay".

Serious.

Anyway, I liked GTA3's atmosphere too. GTA: Liberty City took away the dark feeling, but left more features and improved stuff in place. Pretty much perfected it (except for the atmosphere).

Also, Liberty City was the perfect size. I know it like the back of my hand, and can give anyone directions off the top of my head. Vice City was a bit harder to remember (I have to whip out the directions every now and then), then San Andreas really done it. The map is constantly out, and I'm becoming really sick of getting lost. I have to use the goddamn road signs!

I still play GTA3, in any case. smile.gif

Edited by Delerious
Hey! You there! Check out this really cool forum! Here!

Death_Blade

I still love GTA 3 even though its so old. IMO it IS the best one because its the end of the story. Dont get me wrong SA is a great game, but I kinda hate it because it brought a ton of people into the series that really have no idea what GTA. It brought in a ton of people basically right in the middle of the story, they didnt understand the importance of this game in the trilogy, and it also brought alot of the "gangster" kids into the series, which I cant stand. I hate listening to kids sit around and be like "OOOOH YEAAH ITS LIKE SO AWESOME MAAAYNE LAWL" And it also gave people the WRONG impression about GTA, since the only game most people know about SA, when they hear GTA, the automatically think of the "gangster/rap" lifestyle, when, really, GTA has NOTHING to do with that. And when people hear about GTA 4 they think about the SAME THING, the ghetto and gang members, which 4 has nothing to do with.

Thats why I like GTA3, because its what GTA really is, a story about the mafia and ORGANIZED CRIME, not petty gangs on the street who just shoot at anything. GTA 3 is the whole purpose of the story, and will always be my favorite in the 3 trilogy no matter how old it gets.

Riding shotgun
I still love GTA 3 even though its so old. IMO it IS the best one because its the end of the story. Dont get me wrong SA is a great game, but I kinda hate it because it brought a ton of people into the series that really have no idea what GTA. It brought in a ton of people basically right in the middle of the story, they didnt understand the importance of this game in the trilogy, and it also brought alot of the "gangster" kids into the series, which I cant stand. I hate listening to kids sit around and be like "OOOOH YEAAH ITS LIKE SO AWESOME MAAAYNE LAWL" And it also gave people the WRONG impression about GTA, since the only game most people know about SA, when they hear GTA, the automatically think of the "gangster/rap" lifestyle, when, really, GTA has NOTHING to do with that. And when people hear about GTA 4 they think about the SAME THING, the ghetto and gang members, which 4 has nothing to do with.

Thats why I like GTA3, because its what GTA really is, a story about the mafia and ORGANIZED CRIME, not petty gangs on the street who just shoot at anything. GTA 3 is the whole purpose of the story, and will always be my favorite in the 3 trilogy no matter how old it gets.

Good statment. GTA 3 is the epitome of the series, IMO. It made the franchise what it is, today. Period.

WillzyyyGTA

I am completing GTA III right now. Then I am going to play VC (Which is better) followed by SA. But yeah, GTA III for XBOX is ACE! It has a good story.

I care and i love every 3D GTA but i like VC a bit more inlove.gif

doesntcheatGTA

People like the GTA that represents the part of America they like best. I was born near New York...I like GTAIII best, it represents New York. If you were born in Los Angeles, you would probably like San Andreas better. And if you were born in Miami..you're gay.

Edited by doesntcheatGTA
user posted image

Chickstick

Despite the fact that VC had the best lead character and San Andreas had the best radio station (K-DST) GTA III remains my favourite although I am literally the only person I know who owns it!

GTA III should be brought back into the public eye; I mean, how could one possibly like the Vinewood sign more than four simple-looking tramps in a dark tunnel wielding molotovs?

However, to quote Uncle Leone of LCS, "Every dog has it's day". It could well be that GTA III's "time" is over, as is Vice City's. When GTA IV comes out maybe everyone will forget about San Andreas too.

SkunkInTheTrunk

I think it's a shame so little people talk about this game. To me it is by far the best in the series. And bad graphics? The graphics never improved throughout the three games you know. (but I do see what you mean about the peds)

The reason I think gta3 is the best is because it feels like a real dark crime game. The whole atmosphere of the game is dark and I think it may be the most mature of the three. In one of the very first levels you're driving around in a car that has a body in the trunk. If the car get's damaged the trunk start to open and you will see blood start to seep out. Very dark.

Also SA's story doesn't actually feel very mature. It's more like a ghetto gangster action game with lots of quirky humor and whatnot. GTA3 is a mafia based crime shooter where you are constantly forced to wack people,make new allies,assassinate your old allies,etc... It also feels realistic because that is actually how the mafia seems to really operate,if you watch the Godfather and the Sopranos.

I can't really speak for VC's story,because I never actually played through the storyline. But just from playing the game for 2 minutes you can tell it's a hip 80's type of crime game based on movies like Scarface.

I also loved how when you stick a gun up to someones face in gta3,it actually feels real. They will sort of stagger back,put up their hands,and sometimes say something like 'please don't kill me.' In SA it actually feels like a joke. You aim at someone,their hands fly up like a robot,and if you don't shoot at them in the next 5 seconds,they'll just walk away.

So I think gta3 is the most dark themed mature game of the bunch,and I think that is what the gta series is about.

When GTA IV comes out maybe everyone will forget about San Andreas too.

NOOOOOO!!!!

cry.gif

*Breaths heavily* NEVAH!!

GTAIII got boring quickly for me.. I just didn't enjoy it. When it came out I was too young anyways.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

• 2 weeks later...
The reason I think gta3 is the best is because it feels like a real dark crime game. The whole atmosphere of the game is dark and I think it may be the most mature of the three. In one of the very first levels you're driving around in a car that has a body in the trunk. If the car get's damaged the trunk start to open and you will see blood start to seep out. Very dark.

that mission took me by surprise i didn't expect the body to be there almost flying out of the car lol

i found the game for $10 so i bought it to try it out, that was a couple of years ago, didn't play through much of the story, probably about 1/2

when i play it now, after playing san andreas, the map doesn't really feel that much smaller

i havent played vice city, i should check that out

GTA III is one of the best GTA's. It's the first 3D GTA, so. Good that you made this topic.

Everybody should remember GTA III in the year 2030 too.

I think it's a shame so little people talk about this game. To me it is by far the best in the series. And bad graphics? The graphics never improved throughout the three games you know. (but I do see what you mean about the peds)

Also SA's story doesn't actually feel very mature. It's more like a ghetto gangster action game with lots of quirky humor and whatnot. GTA3 is a mafia based crime shooter where you are constantly forced to wack people,make new allies,assassinate your old allies,etc... It also feels realistic because that is actually how the mafia seems to really operate,if you watch the Godfather and the Sopranos.

I can't really speak for VC's story,because I never actually played through the storyline. But just from playing the game for 2 minutes you can tell it's a hip 80's type of crime game based on movies like Scarface.

I also loved how when you stick a gun up to someones face in gta3,it actually feels real. They will sort of stagger back,put up their hands,and sometimes say something like 'please don't kill me.' In SA it actually feels like a joke. You aim at someone,their hands fly up like a robot,and if you don't shoot at them in the next 5 seconds,they'll just walk away.

So I think gta3 is the most dark themed mature game of the bunch,and I think that is what the gta series is about.

That's very constructive.

GTA3's gloomy atmosphere is far the best of all.

As most of you know,I'm a big fan of GTA series (perhaps not Vice City),and GTA3 is my all-time favorite.Many people don't like this game because of the bad graphics,common flaws,no bikes,no tire popping...Are people that superficial? Everyone is only about San Andreas nowadays.They are always like: ''San Andreas this,San Andreas that'',and same with Vice City.Does anyone talk about GTA3? Sure,on this forum,but as you see it has less pages then IV,that didn't even come out...What can we expect? PEOPLE ARE TOO SUPERFICIAL THESE DAYS! All you San Andreas and Vice City noobs better respect this game,because it started the franchize as we know it today.Don't you see the sentimental value of this game? That was all I had to say,and I've got one more question: Do people even care anymore?

ok listen to this the=

i had a choice BETWEen GTA 3 or san andreas since i only saved up $10,i thought...hey i should start with the good ole one since:

. GTA 3 is just gta 1 and 2 improved...

it has the best story...

it sparked a whole generation of the best gaming!

i liked the old games... and i still play gta 3 regardless of its flaws...i like the way the game is built...i like the city,the crappy graphics,the well thought out storyline...all in all i like all gta´s and gta 3 will always be the one for me as well as every other one!

"I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings."

gtafreakgamer

I just love GTA:3! I love the whole NYC theme. It is so simple because you don't have to worry about making your girlfriend happy or eating all the time! I hated how SA used the gangster/rap theme. I hated it! Anyways, GTA:3 in my opinion is the best GTA game!

Claude GTA3

I have a Dream. It's about a man on the moon...ooh sorry,wrong dream tounge.gif I have a dream of a Next-Gen GTA3 Remake....that would be soooo awesome smile.gifblush.gifinlove.gif *DROOL!*

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

liesofsilence
I have a Dream. It's about a man on the moon...ooh sorry,wrong dream tounge.gif I have a dream of a Next-Gen GTA3 Remake....that would be soooo awesome smile.gifblush.gifinlove.gif *DROOL!*

Hey man, what about Grand Theft Auto IV?

Claude GTA3

What about it?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

I loved GTA III because before it I never played shooter games. I only played sports and racing games. I hated FPS' and shooters. But when I saw it at my cousin's house and he was playing it, I had no choice but to buy it, and VC. After beating VC I had to play the classic, and instantly got hooked again. The music is original, the dialog is dark and mysterious just like Claude, and it all fits. I was so into the game that I never noticed he didnt talk until I got SA and noticed it. This game will always be one of the best. icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gifanuj_cop.gif

I love GTA III, i really liked that whole mafia theme, i really hope they will continue that in GTA IV...

- nabo

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong Claude GTA3 but you are probably a younger kid, It seems the area of time you were born is the GTA you'll like the best. I prefer GTA VC best of all because that is slightly before the time I was around, when I was born a lot of the effects of the 80's were still around. My real time should be SA but I'm not into that gangsta type of crap.

I agree Cluade!, GTA III is the best gta game EVER. Well. it says in my profile that my favourite is VCS but thats only coz i CBA changing it lol

But yes, i like it how all the other GTAs have in somewhat, been effected by GTA 3 or affect it.

Fementality

GTA 3 is my favorite of all the GTA's, I haven't played it for a long time though. I like all the other GTA's too. For some reason I just like GTA 3 the best. Partly because of its dark atmosphere, the gangs, the plotline and mostly because of the main character Claude who doesn't talk (he's bad-ass that way. xD). I really hope he's atleast mentioned in IV or something.

GTA III rules the series! I play SA everyonce in a while to get to Liberty City. I keep a save of the mission where you 'fly' to Liberty. I never complete the mission because it takes us back to where LC was and also its Liberty in 1992... or 3 or something, with SNOW! Jet pack than hover everywhere i wanna go. There is a gameshark which allows you to go to LC via the Zip Clothes. Liberty City is orange lol. look for it here! If only you could fly to all the islands on one GTA game (of course you would need to own all games).

GTA III was the 1st Grand Theft Auto game i played , and this means that GTA III is a very special game . and i love the Sin City feel of it, i love the characters ( especially Catalina and Miguel ) , and the story of GTA III is unforgettable and action packed

If you hate the people here that much then I guess you won't mind leaving, bai.

BlaZelatiNo

I Love GTAIII I rember i was like 11 when i played it tounge.gif Was the First GTA Game I ever played, and I enjoyed it. Heck, I still play it for fun I started a new game.

I had a dream about showing my gf how to fly the plane. 2 days after I bought an Xbox and bought GTA3, vice city, and halo all for $105.

Is it just the placebo affect, or are the graphics in the xbox version of GTA3 better than ps2?

All you San Andreas and Vice City noobs better respect this game

Boy, forcing people to respect the game is really going to win you votes huh? sarcasm.gif

I understand you like the game and have a great passion for it, but you just can't go around trying to change people's minds on it. Everyone has different tastes and opinions and you have to respect that.

New account: -Fellini