Online Radio User Track

Pandalink

Is it at all possible to set as a user track an online radio IP? I would assume not since technically its not a file, but was wondering.

rolleyes.gif

it is not possible you can only put your own mp3's

...and WAV's and OGG's... People said the same thing for GTAIII and then an app was made to do just that. Never say never.

@Panda: Did you search for such an item? I don't know if one exists, but if it does, you'd want to check out the modding section since you're looking to alter how the game functions.

I've been searching for this same damn thing for WEEKS. I can't even find the Vice City mod that allowed you to play SHOUTcast stations from the User Track Player in game. It was a separate little program thing I think. I don't know who made it, and I cannot for the life of me find it online to download and/or study. Not designing San Andreas to work with playlists was f*cking stupid in my opinion but there's a LOT of stuff about GTA I think they could have elaborated on besides the user radio station.

That being said, can anyone figure out a way to make a program that could perhaps (when the program is running and streaming) feed/buffer the data into a 'dummy' MP3 file that the game can read? Like those tapes you put in cassette players and plug into iPods or CD Walkman's.. similar concept? I've seen stuff like that done for other applications. Can someone here make it for GTA:SA?

I'll gladly aid in testing if anyone wants to collaborate on it.

I believe the Radio I want to add is in fact a ShoutCast, though I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated on the "dummy MP3" idea becoming reality biggrin.gif

Yeah, it'd be a wonderful thing to have. Really breathe new life into SA's radio feature. Though you would probably have to use it without the SA commercials, unless the program that connected to the stream detected when the song changed and ended the file then parsed a new one so a commercial could play then another song. That seems overly complex though.