My GTA:SA Wont Work!

benshelock

benshelock

my gta sa wont work.

Ive deleted every single file that it uses and then reinstaled it again to see if it will work but it doesnt.

ive not done anything to it after ive reinstalled it.

When I try to launch it this comes up:

user posted image

Please help me

This is a troubleshooting issue. So you want that forum. Go there now and check out the pinned topics. See if any of the fixes apply to you. If not, then share with us the info we've asked for.

As a general rule, if you want to get rid of something, you uninstall it. Not delete everything about it.

benshelock
As a general rule, if you want to get rid of something, you uninstall it. Not delete everything about it.

I tried reinstalling it but that didnt work either. thats why i did that

I tried reinstalling it but that didnt work either. thats why i did that

But my statement was absolute. That it wasn't working is no reason to deviate from the advice I gave, which is general Windows advice for 12 years now tounge.gif

Ruthless Killa

Lol Yea the same thing for me. After recovering my system I deleted all my files but I get the same Error

did u install the whole game i mean did u install the auio to if not try it, i had the same problem and it was fixed after i installed the audio to

Ring_of_Fire

What people should do is to update their drivers properly and remove the [.set] file, never use cheats while playing, and never use the F1 key as well as Alt-tabbing out of San Andreas at the same time.

What people should do is to update their drivers properly
IF they're having a problem. All of my drivers are YEARS old, but everything about my PC works. So why risk it?

and remove the [.set] file
This STILL only works for CERTAIN (read: not all) issues and prescribing it when it's not needed just makes a person have to re-establish their preferences again.

never use cheats while playing
They should use cheats while on their desktop? Cheats don't lead to troubleshooting issues.

never use the F1 key as well as Alt-tabbing out of San Andreas at the same time.
The REPLAY feature doesn't lead to troubleshooting issues. Alt+tabbing doesn't lead to Troubleshooting issues.

Maybe leave the troubleshooting to those who know how to LISTEN to a person, hear the symptoms, and offer a fix or workaround that addresses the situation as opposed to telling them that if they reinstall Windows, it's sure to work.