Dutch OPM Scans

Droes

These are scans from the dutch Official Playstation Magazine.

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

Maybe someone can translate them, i don't have much time to do it.

All credits go to Cencicodis from GTAGangsters.nl and the GTAGangsters.nl crew.

Edited by Droes

I've read all the scans but there is nothing new... They're only talking about the demo and a tiny bit about the trailer...

I've started reading (because the language I speak is so close to Dutch) and it said they previewed the game on a PlayStation 3 in that hotel room in Manhattan...

"The contact list is further divided into a city contact, docks friend and cab contact." (phone)

Not sure if it was previously revealed that you can call cabs.

Also more confirmation that bicycles aren't in the game. It also seems like R* didn't rule out stuff such as jet packs and parachutes just yet.

Rockstar promises a "unique" experience for the multiplayer game.

Edited by Adriaan

Is it right that there wil not be Mountain-Bikes or BMX in the game ?? sad.gifmercie_blink.gif

I just read it on a German Website

Vanilla Shake
"The contact list is further divided into a city contact, docks friend and cab contact." (phone)

Not sure if it was previously revealed that you can call cabs.

Yeah, it's been mentioned before.

Thanks for the scans. icon14.gif

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

AndyGanteks

Game: GTA IV

Magazine: Official Dutch Playstation Magazine

Issue: July 2007

This was the sixteenth preview for GTA IV in a magazine

The Dutch edition of the Official Playstation Magazine recently provided a new preview on GTA IV to readers in that country, it contained a few more details about GTA IV.

Below is a summary of new information from the 8 page preview article.

The game will be totally different, IV will be much darker, grubbier, and much more detailed than the previous games.

Niko's phone has a contact list, a camera, a text message inbox, and an organiser. The contact list is divided into City contact, Docks friend and Cab contact.

At the end of the demo, Niko calls Roman.

R* wants to bring visuals and gameplay to a whole new level.

Breaking a window of a car to get in will be 'just one of the many new animations of the game'.

While driving, the camera is placed very close behind a car.

The reflections and damage models of cars (they drove a red Cadillac, or probably, knowing R*, a look-alike) are made very nice and realistic.

GTA IV will have a much better multiplayer mode than previous GTA's.

The preview started on page 8 and information started on page 9, so i'll start there with the translation

Page 9

It’s an honour that leaves no self-respecting game-journalist without a faster heart rate. Being the first in the Benelux to see GTA IV running is no small thing. When the internet almost burst out of its own skin recently because the teaser trailer for the game was released, it was only proven once more that this franchise is treated like royalty by its fanbase. GTA IV is without a doubt the most anticipated next-gen game en is on top of the wishlists of literally millions of gamers. Therefore, it is only natural we can’t help but feel excited when we step into the elevator of a trendy New York hotel with several Rockstar-reps. As the developer deserves, only the best is enough and we get our demonstration in the penthouse: a stylish room, made almost entirely out of glass, with a breathtaking view of Manhattan. A night’s stay in here will set you back a few thousand euros. While admiring the panoramic view of the city, the PS3 slogan “This is Living” flashes through our minds, but even this metropolis’ beauty will be nothing compared to what we are about to see: a first view of GTA IV.

Page 10

We tensely follow our hosts to the room where they have a huge HDTV and PS3 set up. Our patience is tested some more with a short introduction, since Rockstar wants to point out some details before we get started. For example, it is no coincidence this GTA gets a four behind its title: Rockstar sees GTA IV as the next evolutionary step in the series. An evolution that is as big as it was from GTA II to GTA III, when the series made a successful jump from 2D to 3D. It will also be the first time there will be no influences from movies, music or other phenomena to give gamers an idea of what to expect. GTA IV should be a unique experience. “We haven’t shut ourselves off from the world, and of course there are noticeable influences, but GTA IV will be a lot more original than its predecessors. The trailer doesn’t contain the sentence ‘Things will be different’ for no reason. We’re planning to keep that promise.” How Rockstar plans to accomplish this exactly in not yet clear at the moment, but more things will come out in the following months and this first look is merely the shot of a starter pistol.

Copied from Matty's blog.i Just cant belive how good that site is!!

GTA IV will have a much better multiplayer mode than previous GTA's.

I don't know if that sentence just has a factual error in it or whether it implies that R* is challenging the MTA/SA-MP devs.

I don't know if that sentence just has a factual error in it or whether it implies that R* is challenging the MTA/SA-MP devs.

Probably more aimed toward the multiplayer icons in the San Andreas single player mode.

oldschoolsigs22.png

I think they are talking about the GTA: LCS and VCS multiplayers, i guess they will add more modes and/or better synchronisation.

Jack Bauer

Damn !! I hate all magazines ( nothing new + same screens + same informations + same demo ) ,,Ok Dan Houser I will kick your face mad.gif

Jack Bauer
I still dont get why they insist on calling it an "exclusive"

this is not your business.

the mony change the mind,right ?

I still dont get why they insist on calling it an "exclusive"

Ever thought of the fact that this is a magazine IN the Netherlands, and that they may be the exclusive magazine to preview it in that country...

Besides, everyone who previewed the game at R* London / NYC did get an exclusive first look at the game.

to lazy to translate, i'm even to lazy to read it

and my english isn't that good