Vertical bird

muleskinner

muleskinner

Sorry if this is a repeat question.... Why can I not control the jump jet in the vertical bird mission with my standard controller that I fly all other planes with?

I tried this mission now twice and I cant figure out how to control it.

Thanks!

coz u need to put it into forward flight mode

Yup. If you have the PS2 version hold the right analong stick forward(Up what ever). That'll make it haul ass. Hold it back to stop haulin ass lol.

Edit..nvm this is PC Forum..

Edited by A.M.G

Teemu_Ruotsalainen
Sorry if this is a repeat question.... Why can I not control the jump jet in the vertical bird mission with my standard controller that I fly all other planes with?

Thanks!

The best thing to do is go to the race tournament in the airport and go to the 'military service' race.

Here you can have like a test run with the Jet.

On the PC I think the default is the 8 key. (Not F8, just 8 and that's after you've pressed 2 to put the landing gear up)

However with my layout it's the 'I' or the 'P' key (One of the two, can't remember which) for some strange reason as I can't remember changing it.

Try one of these and after you got the landing gear up make sure you hold the button down and the jet will start to go forward at speed.

Hope this helps!

GTAGangsta58

Thanks!

are u using a PC controller that looks like a ps2 one?

if so, just press up on the left joystick, while the landing gear is up, then u should be able to fly easier

muleskinner

Thanks for the pointers everyone. I should have said this with my topic, but I'm playing on PC and using a standard microsoft controller. It works great on flying anything else but this hover jet. I can fly it with the controller but only in hover mode. (kind of like a chopper) It took me forever, but I made it through the mission. Damn choppers kept ramming me. angry.gif I still cant figure out how to make it thrust forward though. confused.gif

I do have a flight stick controller that I might dust off and try. Havent used it since the BF1942 days. (I loved that game! inlove.gif )

To tilt the thrusters of the Hydra you have to press the button that is associated with Special ctrl up. The default for this is the Num8[/8]. That is a key from the numpad. You need to hold down this keys for a few seconds until the thrusters are fully turned. To tilt them back use the Special ctrl down. (Num2).

If you have changed the key confuguration. Go into your options menu to see to what button you have changed this action.