Topic on Air-Craft

davidthegtamaster

davidthegtamaster

Hey everyone i have a ps2 and...

I am really really into planes and helicopters and just LOVE flying on GTA:SA. I was just wondering about what you guys think.

My favourite air-port is probably San Fierro. I love the giant runway and all the variety + size of this air-port. I think the air-craft carrier is pretty cool when you have the 'freeze wanted level' cheat in on ps2 but it would be better if they made the runway wider because i always crash into the driving cock-pitt thing.

My favourite jet is the Hydra and my favourite helicopter is the maverick OR sea-sparrwow (prob maverick)

The bad thing (i think) about most jets/planes is that when you are coming in for a landing with wheels down holding square the planes/jets go WAY to slow. I wish it was a little more realistic with how the planes come in for a landing. Ive noticed the slowest plane when landing is the hydra. with wheels down holding square (even in 'fast' mode) the hydra nearly falls out of the sky.

The best (most realistic) plane to land is the AT-400 (i think) because when you're holding square and descending to land the plane holds a relatively fast speed (normal landing speed). The L.V airport is pretty good but i dont think it has a big enough runway (same as the L.S airport). When your cruising in to land the run-way just pops out and you gotta get ur plane on the ground very fast or you'll over run the landing strip. With the L.S airport its the same ... to small runway, ALL THOUGH when aproaching from the west (near the beach on L.S) you can make the touch down quite easy when flying any plane (it will take more skill in a larger plane). The small Verdant meadows air-strip was very well made but i think it would be alot easier to land there without the power lines running right accross the runway (when your approaching from the west) and also the rock that looks like a penis being in the way (when approaching from west). If you approach from the east its fairly hard to judge where the air-strip is going to be because of the cliff that sticks up and hides it.

If rockstar didnt put the big cliff over it .. then it would be easier to land there also.

Oh and it would be great if you could please tell me if there are any other air-strips/air-ports, other than: San fierro International

Las Venturas International

Los Santos International

San Fierro Air-Craft Carrier

Los Venturas Air-Strip (Verdant Meadows)

Hydra,Hunter and Verdant medows kicks ass because it has a garage that can hold 5 planes/vechiles and a garage that holds a tank/car a spawned jetpack a rustler a safehouse a school a spawned hydra after one of the missions and a leviathan too

White Rhino

I love the Rustler. Always liked the way WWII planes looked, and I do enjoy taking on Hydras after barnstorming Area 69. I like the way the Nevada looks, but it seems a little too big for the short flights I take. Oddly, I don't really like helicopters much, or the Shamal.

As for favorite airports.. I think Verdant Meadows. Las Venturas and Los Santos's airports are far too big and offer far too little as far as aircraft. San Fierro's airport is interesting, but.. it still takes up an awful lot of room. If you're ever stranded in the middle of one of them without a plane, it's gonna be a long run.

But Verdant Meadows.. feels like I own it. I know, you do own it, but still. I always try to keep one Dodo and a Beagle in the hanger. And a BF Injection stolen from the snake farm. Starting to think that I should turn on the Recruit Anybody cheat and take some pedestrians on some sort of tour of San Andreas. tounge.gif Drive them to VM and take them on a nice flight around San Fierro bay..

davidthegtamaster
2davidthegtamaster:

But there will be helicopters!!! xmas.gif

Yeh i guess so ..

I'm just really passionate about planes.

Planes are awesome in S.A. The Hydra gets you to point B...very fast smile.gif Plus you get to parachute as well!

davidthegtamaster

I love parachuting smile.gif

one of my favourite missions is ... i think its called Stowaway

when u get inside andromeda on motor bike then kill agents .. after that u parachute out and blow up plane!!

I really wish there was away to fly the Andromeda on P2s without Mods sad.gif

Col.N.Berlein

I love choppers, but I don't want to be a pilot (Useless info I know biggrin.gif ) I just love choppers, the way they move, everything. My SA is modded out so my Meverick is a UH-1 Huey, thats my favourite. I also like the Raidence because it's a UH-60. But what I really love is using the driver mod and flying into a gang territory, they jumping out and engage in street to street combat, real war stuff.

LONG LIVE INFANTRY!!!

davidthegtamaster

I love choppers, but I don't want to be a pilot (Useless info I know  biggrin.gif ) I just love choppers, the way they move, everything. My SA is modded out so my Meverick is a UH-1 Huey, thats my favourite. I also like the Raidence because it's a UH-60. But what I really love is using the driver mod and flying into a gang territory, they jumping out and engage in street to street combat, real war stuff.

LONG LIVE INFANTRY!!!

Woah cool

i google imaged searched UH-60 and it showed the raindance but in a R.L version..

Can anyone please tell me the 'real life' names of GTA SA planes/helicopters?

Raindance - UH-60

Hydra - Harrier Jump Jet

Shamal - LearJet (check spellin)

Rustler Spit Fighter (I think)

I need more names

I think the levian (or how eva u spell it) is - Sea King

Edited by davidthegtamaster

In real life I think a hunter is called a brown thunder no I didn't get it from its viligante missions I think thats it real name I think

davidthegtamaster

In real life I think a hunter is called a brown thunder no I didn't get it from its viligante missions I think thats it real name I think

http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/...8-2_375x300.jpg

Nah i think the Hunter is called - Apache Gunship

google search biggrin.gif

dude I mean the maverick is named after a missile in real life a missile the ingame fake is named after a real life missile geez

davidthegtamaster
dude I mean the maverick is named after a missile in real life a missile the ingame fake is named after a real life missile geez

i know

just said that the maverick is a look-a-like of the Jet ranger

Lol? temper...

Col.N.Berlein

Rustler - P-51 Mustang

Maverick - Bell 206 Jet Ranger

Laviathan - Sea King

Hydra - Mix of a Harrier and a F-15

Raidence - UH-60 Black Hawk

Sparrow - Not Known

Hunter - AH-64 Apache

Shamal - Lear Jet

Dodo - Cessna (Not sure which model)

Cargo Bob - British Transport Chopper, not sure exactly

At400 - Boeing 727 or 737

Andromeda - Russian Bear, or Antinov

Stunt Plane - Uhh... stunt plane?

Anything Else?

The Hydra is all Harrier, it is nothing like an F-15.

Also, there is a plane called a (named after a State but I cant remember it at the moment, Navada???) that is actually a Dakota.

davidthegtamaster

Yeh i think it is the dakota

Hey.. wouldnt it be so cool if you could hire a pilot type thing to fly a helicopter for you .. or a homie.. and then you could give them orders like.. Hover here.. or Put her down... or Take off and go go go..

And you could put a target on where u wanna go so they fly there for ya..

Also if you had a minigun on a stand in the middle of a helicopter like the army choppers with their big guns on the side in r.l.

P.s. I really wish you could walk around on the inside of a plane/helicopter like u can in a boat and the amdromeda.

check these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwiT47YCC6w...related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1xxXeemkQ