SpyLocked

Pat.

Ok, I have no clue what SpyLocked is, but I believe it's a program similar to Ad-Aware. Anyway, there's a little icon on my task bar that has a questionmark in a blue circle, then it flashes to a red circle with a red slash. It keeps flashing inbetween the two. Every two minutes or so, a little bubble pops up telling me to download some sh*t called SpyLocked. It tabs me out of everything, which gets extremely annoying if I'm playing a game like SAMP, or VCMP, because tabbing out crashes the game. So I finally gave up, and downloaded it, but it's still telling me to download it! I'm at the end of my rope here, I'm about to throw my PC out the window, if I don't find out how to get rid of it!

user posted image

It may be a virus or spyware. Run your anti virus and anti spyware in safe mode and see if that helps.

SpyLocked

Edited by XMike

First of all, did you know this is what your sig looks like?

user posted image

Do you wear that on purpose? tounge.gif

Secondly, open up your processes (ctrl+alt+del to get the Task Manager) and shut down anything that looks fishy. You can google pretty much any of the processes to find out what they are.

Once that's done, go into your settings, click on add/remove programs, and start slashing away. Uninstall anything you don't want.

Now, physically hunt down the program on your hard drive and delete it.

...? Did they threaten to kick you out unless you wore it?

HAVE SOME DIGNITY, MAN!

No no, it's just a bit of a game we have. If they threatened to kick me out if I didn't wear it, I wouldn't be official by now.

And I just noticed the link xmikester posted, and thanks! I'm using one of the programs to get rid of it as we speak.

Edit: Yes, it worked! Thank you so much. This can be locked now (Unless Otter has more questions..)

Edited by Pat.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.