Rave/Beats

--CellTech--

--CellTech--

Anyone here like Rave music? such as, Techno,Trance,Drum n Bass and that kinda stuff? im hardcore into i love goin to raves and givin er on the dance floor lol. Does anyone know of any programs you can get online to make your own beats?

Moonshield
Can't stand the stuff.

The best is when people listen to techno in their car/not at a party or club.

4XEtraA.jpg

It's pretty boring after a while. There are a few really good composers, but the majority of it is Fruityloops bullsh*t.

I'd rather rock out to the pixies than trip out to Moby, if you follow.

No Escape?

Can't stand the stuff.

user posted image

You would if you had robot ears.

Detroit techno goes real hard. Some House, too. When it comes to techno: Aux 88, Rhythim is Rhythim, Cybotron, Model 500, Drexciya, Dopplereffekt, Carl Craig, 69, Derrick May, Inner City, and that's about it. Drum 'n' Bass is good when I'm hyper, house is to relax and kick back. I can't stand Trance though, or Happy Hardcore.

a tactile cactus

Vanilla Shake
Can't stand the stuff.

user posted image

"Wow J.P, that is a great outfit. How much do clothes cost in The Matrix?"

On-Topic: I can't stand it either.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

--CellTech--

Happy Hardcore is pretty sh*ty, i sorta like a little Euro sometimes and i hate jungle.

Big Beat is my favourite. That and a smidge of trance and DnB, and assorted electronic artist that don't seem to fit into any specific category.

Pendulum is an excellent Australian DnB ensemble. Highly recommended.

Big Beat is my favourite. That and a smidge of trance and DnB, and assorted electronic artist that don't seem to fit into any specific category.

Pendulum is an excellent Australian DnB ensemble. Highly recommended.

First Pendulum remix I heard, then I got Tarantula from a friend;

Pretty good band in my opinion smile.gif.

ViperGTS-R

I love this sort of stuff, but i agree, there is alot of rubbish floating around in the dnb genre.

Ive seen pendulum live, was a brilliant night. Their "Distress Signal" track makes for awesome intros.

Pendulum, London Electicity, Rawthang, Grooverider, Fabio, Evol Intent, Black Sun Empire, Prodigy, Dieselboy, Noisia all arent bad.

Theres loads more i like but its rare to find a group with more than 1 or 2 good tracks. I tend to listen to 1 hour mixes and stuff, the DJs usualy select most of the best.

Dancing to it in clubs and raves is brilliant, just go for it, dance to the baseline, melody any way you want, almost everybody there is there for the music and not to pose or look cool so its always great atmosphere. And contrary to popular belief, 95% of the people there arent on drugs (the official ones anyway). You can allways tell them going absolutely mental, not dancing, more flailing wildly, lol.

Surprisingly it never gets violent either, ive never really seen fights break out or anything major. Its the only time when chavs and that lot are cool people, you bump into them/they bump into you and they are fine. All the rich kids and the people who are there to pose are the knobs there.

Its good to do exercise to as well, especialy cycling i find.

Edited by ViperGTS-R

Happy Hardcore is pretty sh*ty, i sorta like a little Euro sometimes and i hate jungle.

You hate Jungle?

HEATHEN!

a tactile cactus

And contrary to popular belief, 95% of the people there arent on drugs (the official ones anyway).

Have to disagree with you there. Whenever I go to clubs there are a f*ckload more than 5% of the people there on pills, just he way it is.

Themanwiththeplan

Bottle of Buckfast + f*ckloads of pints + Jack Daniels+ Yoji Biomehanika = Great night out. inlove.gif

He is playing at my local nightclub on Satutrday night, I love his stuff.

Linky.

OPQxo.png

ViperGTS-R

And contrary to popular belief, 95% of the people there arent on drugs (the official ones anyway).

Have to disagree with you there. Whenever I go to clubs there are a f*ckload more than 5% of the people there on pills, just he way it is.

Yeah, maybe a bit of an exageration, but where i am theres not many of them it seems, the pendulum one there werent many there, but i went to a big planned rave in a concert hall once and yeah, there were quite a few pill heads in there, still not loads though.

Remember This.

The only rave music I have ever like is by Aphex Twin. Get 'Girl Boy Song', it's fantastic.

TheDude5000
Can't stand the stuff.

user posted image

"Wow J.P, that is a great outfit. How much do clothes cost in The Matrix?"

On-Topic: I can't stand it either.

Ahaha, just saw that movie tonight after wanting to see it for like a year, it's pretty kick-ass.

Anyway, no @ topic.

user posted image

Bottle of Buckfast + f*ckloads of pints + Jack Daniels+ Yoji Biomehanika = Great night out. inlove.gif

He is playing at my local nightclub on Satutrday night, I love his stuff.

Linky.

I f*cking love Yoji! inlove.gif

ViperGTS-R

I just obtained a couple of his tracks, bit too repetitive for me, to listen to now anyway, but i bet its awesome after a few drinks and through a big audio system.

Id much rather have his stuff playing at the places i usualy go to rather than the usual sh*t, like "Cheese Nights", hiphop, r&b and the usual crap they churn out at my local clubs, which only usualy improve once im to anihalated to care, haha.

Breaks, Bigbeat, dnb, and some Trance are more my thing.

Edited by ViperGTS-R

Mister Pink

I like Dark Psychedelic Trance. People misunderstand alot of Trance. Alot of rockers will say that's crap but they usually only encounter the cheesy kind you hear in most clubs. I't like a guy saying rock and guitar music is crap because they see the likes of Emo kids and Emo music.

I have the pleasure of liking both Rock and Electronic music.

I hate the sort of Trance I heard but I acutally never to delve into electronic genres. Dark Psy is a sort of sub-sub genre if you catch my drift.

Some techno can be really cheesy and sh*t. You can get the right stuff and it's amazing.

Check out these Visuals.

I will be going to this next month. It's mainly a Psy Trance affair but it will have Electro, Techno, D&B, Dub Raggae etc. It's set at a beautiful castle, by a lake, in the West of Ireland in a place called Gort in Co. Galway. It will be intimate with around 2,000 peolple attending. People from all over Europe will travel to see it because it's so unique. Full psychedelic decorations aswell.

Check out last years vid. Music is by Hilight Tribe. They play live Psy-Trance on stage with intsruments!

Life Festival 2006

Much better quality here: Life Festival 2006

Check out these Visuals.

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

True that, Usually everyone is off chops and full of love biggrin.gif .

Latley I've been into the more dark dnd, like limewax, dieselboy and noisia. All really good to listen to when your fried and have a wicked sub.

ViperGTS-R

@ thepinkfloydsound - The 1st one had a nice rhythm to it but the 2nd one was too trippy for my liking. Interesting visuals though.

Dark dnb is awesome, all the old movie quotes like from starwars, the matrix and stuff, it rocks.

Noisia is awesome, gotta love Block Control by them .... its goin'... its goin'..... ITS GOIN' DOWN!

Dieselboy has done some pretty good remixes as well.

dnbradio is awesome, where i go to learn about new artists.

BBC Radio 1 'xtra Drum and Bass is also good, DJ Flight isnt bad.

Hardly rave but falls under the "beats" part - German Noize/Oldskool Techno/Trip Hop/Beats project 'S.I.N.A.' is my favourite! She f*cking rocks. Seriously. inlove.gif

Ive seen pendulum live, was a brilliant night.

I was going to see them at this rave called Enchanted Forest, where they only tell you where they are holding it days before the event. One year it was actually in a forest somewhere.

Winter Enchanted is around the corner, but nothing of the quality of Pendulum is on the bill.

"Secret location" - ooooooooooooh

It's grown on me recently. Apart from maybe a bit of funk or hiphop, nothing else really works in a club atmosphere. I keep what I listen to at home and what I listen to in clubs pretty separate, so while I'd usually mong out to some spacey electronica or folky stuff in my room, I'm perfectly happy to freak out to some f*cking insane beats in a club. It's all about context. As for artists, I've been getting into Luke Vibert, Felix, London Elektricity, Erol Alkan blah blah blah. Because I don't own much of it, I don't know too many actual artists so f*ck this post.

user posted image

Felix

As in, da Housecat?

Also, wasn't that your 2000th post? wow.gif

@ jayzman, This is year is going to be the first time i go to enchanted forest. I haven't heard of many people from the lineup, but as long as i'm off chops it should be great. You going this year?

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see Andy C on thursday night and got absolutely f*cked, Immense night, has rekindled my love of d'n'b.

smile.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.