StarCraft II Announced

GTA3Freak-2001

GTA3Freak-2001

I don't think I need to say anything, just click the link! There's screenshots plus two gameplay videos so check it out!

StarCraft II Announced

user posted image

Now while I am a big fan I am a bit concerned that all we are getting is a rehash, the GUI looks the same, units and everything looks much the same. I am still excited though!

I liked the original well enough.. since they canned the long anticipated Starcraft: Ghost, I suppose this is welcome news. As long as they don't create a World of Starcraft spin-off I'll be ok, I can't support two full time addictions...

I got in shock when I saw this. Though I wasn't really hoping for cartoony graphics.

G MONEY $$$

I think it's cool that they're finally making a sequal. It doesn't seem like they've got too much new content which is a bit disappointing though. Also, the trailer was okay but a bit dull...and if it takes that long to suit up every Terran soldier then...the war is pretty much over. tounge.gif

GlockWorkz

Dammit, I was JUST gonna make a thread about it. Guess I'm late, huh?

Either way, I've been waiting ever since I started playing back in 2000. New units, a rumoured new race, this'll be AMAZING as hell.

A video I found on youtube

edit: Another one

Around 3:40...you see a hollographic(w.e you call it) Night Elf dancing. lol.gif

Edited by Mr.Stevo

Dammit, I was JUST gonna make a thread about it. Guess I'm late, huh?

Either way, I've been waiting ever since I started playing back in 2000. New units, a rumoured new race, this'll be AMAZING as hell.

There are no new races, though.

Grom~Hellsing
I think it's cool that they're finally making a sequal. It doesn't seem like they've got too much new content which is a bit disappointing though. Also, the trailer was okay but a bit dull...and if it takes that long to suit up every Terran soldier then...the war is pretty much over. tounge.gif

They would be overwhelmed before they could suit one dozen biggrin.gif

It's strange that it takes that long to suit up a marine. In Starcraft:Ghost, you see the player slipping in the suit like nothing.

I love the fact they are keeping the same familar UI, and bringing back the old units with newer powers, and some new units.

Blizzard won't do a rehash, they'll do a good job, I can't wait for the storyline since Starcrafts was bloody brilliant.

Tetsuo2501

when i saw the opening trailer, i watched the entire thing with my jaw droped, i can't f*ckin wait for this. as for the GUI if it aint broke, dont fix it.

2lcqyao.jpg

StarCraft II Cinematic Trailer

The Koreans are still Partying, I think it's the best thing Koreans have heard about this year tounge.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

Apprantly the Koreans said that if Blizzard don't make Starcraft II a 3D version of the original with not many changes they wouldn't play it but instead keep playing the original. I don't know if that has effected Blizzard's making of the game but it does right now look like StarCraft in 3D.

StarCraft2.com

This makes me seriously happy. I might have to actually purchase another PC game finally.

Sad news in the storyline:

With the fall of the Protoss homeworld on Aiur, they have no way of making any new Dragoons. Thusly they have re-armed and re-named the remaining Dragoons as Immortals.

Protoss

I don't know that much about StarCraft lore... but that makes me a little sadder inside.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

StarCraft was perfection. Amazing storyline, amazing gameplay, amazing everything. Even if this game is just a rehash, it will still be f*cking awesome.

9QRzUfn.gif?1

I bought the first game when it came out and was not impressed. It felt like Warcraft with robots and nothing more. Perhaps I missed something?

beanmachine43
I bought the first game when it came out and was not impressed. It felt like Warcraft with robots and nothing more. Perhaps I missed something?

I gotta admit I felt the same, but a couple years ago I got flamed on some board because it wasn't in my top five PC games or something like that. So I downloaded it and tried it out again; it was awesome. You just have to get past the first couple minutes just like with a lot of other games, it's really an amzing ride. smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

Did you get a chance to play online? I think that's a major issue, something that made it more then just Warcraft in space. Well for me anyway.

I just had a look at the gameplay movie/demo, it looks promising. Makes me think of the Scrin campaign in CC3.

Anyway, the environment is looking great, I love how the number of kills per unit is displayed in the screen at the bottom and the mothership is amazing.

gta_5.jpg

It definitely looks interesting (after watching the game play videos on youtube.) I am a big Warcraft fan, never was that into Starcraft, but Starcraft 2 looks good.

Grom~Hellsing
I bought the first game when it came out and was not impressed.  It felt like Warcraft with robots and nothing more.  Perhaps I missed something?

Did you get a chance to play online? I think that's a major issue, something that made it more then just Warcraft in space. Well for me anyway.

Starcraft had online play and is still online. It's actually quite active on Battle.net

original gangster

I only recently played the original Starcraft and thought it was an amazing game, so I'm looking forward to this. Should be awesome, as long as they don't charge monthly for online play...

Not likely to happen, since they already have tons of money in their bank because of World of Warcraft. Also, when was the last time you've seen an RTS where you have to pay monthly for online gameplay?

I have to get back on Starcraft original, I never finished the campaign. bored.gif

Edited by Mr.Stevo

GTA3Freak-2001
I bought the first game when it came out and was not impressed.  It felt like Warcraft with robots and nothing more.  Perhaps I missed something?

Starcraft had online play and is still online. It's actually quite active on Battle.net

Yeah I know, was quite into it myself however many years ago it was. I wasn't that good but enjoyed it alot.

I really doubt that Blizzard is going to charge for online play for Starcraft 2. They don't for Warcraft 3.

Just finished the original and broodwar campaigns. Its amazing that even though I've played the campaigns so much, I'm still noticing new things, or finding new ways of completing missions.

GTA3Freak-2001
Just finished the original and broodwar campaigns. Its amazing that even though I've played the campaigns so much, I'm still noticing new things, or finding new ways of completing missions.

Every year I end up replaying them and it never gets repetitive, just goes to show what a brilliant game it was.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.