Genre: First person shooter

players: 1(16 online)

learning curve: 5-8 minutes

console ps3

Price: $60 U.S.

online yes

Rating M

storyline

The story revolves around the team known as F.E.A.R. (first encounter assult recon) and you control the character known only as "point man". during the course of the game, you are after a person named paxton fettel. Fettel can control a army of clone soldiers called replicas through telepathy and someone seemingly helping him is a child named alma. The plot can be easily missed and the player can play through the game without actually knowing the whole story. The story, if you can peice together enough info through phones and laptops, is excellent and one of the better storylines i have seen for a while.

score: 9.0

graphics:

The graphics on this game look pretty good but it could be better. i felt that the graphics could be a little bit more sharper. although, i found that the graphics worked pretty well during the more violent scenes in the game which can get pretty violent.

score: 7.5

gameplay:

The gameplay is what really sets this game apart from any other FPS game. The controls are simple enough to learn and there is a short tutorial in the first level. During the course of the game, you will experience paranormal activity and hallucinations from alma. The Paranormal activity and Hallucinations are sometimes harmless and other times they can

be deadly. Through each level, the player will learn parts of the storyline by laptops, phone messages, and Hallucinations. The mission objectives are relativly simple since through most of the levels you are looking for Fettel.

score: 9.0

sound and music:

On some levels, the music can get really haunting and the sounds of the various halucinations are equally haunting and match the situation. The music plays at the right time and in the right situation. dispite the games horror genere, the music can be upbeat and matches the various shootouts in the game. The sounds of the guns do sound realistic and you would hear a different firing sound out of each gun.

score: 9.5

enemy A.I.

The enemy's AI is great in this game. The Replicas give each other orders and they will try flank you, avoid grenades, ETC. The A.I. isn't as smart as a human player but they can still give you a run for your money.

score: 8.5

This is a great game to get for the ps3. if you already have this for the PC or the 360 and need a reason to get it for the ps3 then consider the ps3 exclusives like additional single player and mutiplayer content( if you are into exclusive content).

f.e.a.r. ps3 exclusive content

overall: 8.7

note: if you see any errors let me know and i'll fix them.

Edited by deathdealer

Exkabewbikadid

How do the controls feel with the sixaxis controller? Does it use the sixaxis feature?

I played FEAR when it came out on the PC and thought it was pretty solid overall. The reflex feature, reminiscent of Max Payne's bullet-time, really made the game stand out.

oQywcQM.jpg

deathdealer
How do the controls feel with the sixaxis controller? Does it use the sixaxis feature?

I played FEAR when it came out on the PC and thought it was pretty solid overall. The reflex feature, reminiscent of Max Payne's bullet-time, really made the game stand out.

it doesn't use the sixaxis feature unfortunatly.

AndyGanteks

when will they start to use the sixaxis functon.Not even GTA 4 is confirmen for this.I have a feeling somebody really wants ps3 to be a failure!!

ps-you should colour your ratings and raise their height

like this!!

Oh and did you play it on PC and if you did is it better on ps3??

I want to buy it please tell me

deathdealer
when will they start to use the sixaxis functon.Not even GTA 4 is confirmen for this.I have a feeling somebody really wants ps3 to be a failure!!

like this!!

i haven't played it on PC but i do know that there are no exclusives on the ps3 version. i imagine that it's the same. it's the common flaw in ports lately.

like this!!

The PS3 version blows compared to the other versions. I was really disappointed because PS3 fans are not able to fully experience the F.E.A.R. experience. Having played all three version, the PC version is still the best, the 360 version is good and the PS3 version is meh. This game won plenty of awards and such and is still used for benchmark tests for new hardware.

the game was supposed to have exclusive multiplayer maps, a few new weapons and some new feature! so it wasnt a total blow of a port cause they did add exclusive stuff into the game for the ps3! confused.gif

Gamespot’s PC Shooter of the Year 2005 is coming to the PLAYSTATION®3 gaming and entertainment system with new levels, new weapons and more explosive online action.

Already a critical and commercial smash on the PC, F.E.A.R.™ will bring a new level of FPS gameplay to PLAYSTATION 3 with exclusive single-player content designed to immerse the player deeper in the world of the F.E.A.R. team, as well as the visceral action of F.E.A.R. multiplayer.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/F_E_A_R#

ps.good review

deathdealer
the game was supposed to have exclusive multiplayer maps, a few new weapons and some new feature! so it wasnt a total blow of a port cause they did add exclusive stuff into the game for the ps3! confused.gif

Gamespot’s PC Shooter of the Year 2005 is coming to the PLAYSTATION®3 gaming and entertainment system with new levels, new weapons and more explosive online action.

Already a critical and commercial smash on the PC, F.E.A.R.™ will bring a new level of FPS gameplay to PLAYSTATION 3 with exclusive single-player content designed to immerse the player deeper in the world of the F.E.A.R. team, as well as the visceral action of F.E.A.R. multiplayer.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/F_E_A_R#

ps.good review

wow, i didn't know that. i'll add that to the reveiw.

beanmachine43

Nice review, seems fair.

I've only played the PC and PS3 versions, but from what I've seen of the PS3 version I can tell I'm not going to like the 360 one very much either. PC first-person shooters are just so much more accurate than a hunk of plastic sitting in your hands, but entertaining nonetheless. I just hoped that they'd release the expansion on consoles too, but I don't think that's happening.

Good review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I have added it to the pinned topic.

deathdealer
Good review. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I have added it to the pinned topic.

i'm glad you liked it. thanks for the replys guys.

(finally, i made a topic that didn't get locked)

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.