Linux Server

GTA-Roloboy

matthiasvegh

with commands? easy (if its possible) either get a linux version of mirc, which u wont get, becoz that way you would get the source. or, start server on linux, and on a win pc, start mirc, and choose the linux's ip

GTA-Roloboy

with commands? easy (if its possible) either get a linux version of mirc, which u wont get, becoz that way you would get the source. or, start server on linux, and on a win pc, start mirc, and choose the linux's ip

There is no mIRC for linux sad.gif

Look here: http://www.mirc.com/faq6.html#section6-3

EDIT: and here: http://www.mirc.co.uk/help/linux.html

Edited by GTA-Roloboy

matthiasvegh

so whats ur problem? on knoppix 5.2, u automatically hav wine installed (wine is a win 9.x emulator for linux) but like i said, use a dif pc for it. and y do u want to do this on linux anyway?

Vercetti Gangsta

Running a Linux server is better. It's more stable and runs better.

matthiasvegh

definately right there. but how can u do the scripts??

if vcmp 04 releases, (with pawno yay!!) then u wont hav this problem, coz the commands will be in the server program, and not in mirc

matthiasvegh
so whats ur problem? on knoppix 5.2, u automatically hav wine installed (wine is a win 9.x emulator for linux) but like i said, use a dif pc for it. and y do u want to do this on linux anyway?

ye i said that biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Yes, the newest version of wine seems to run mirc fine with Linux Ubuntu. I have only tried it on 7.x versions of Ubuntu, but i had no problems at all. So, ye give it a shot and see how it goes. Though, if you have any problems with wine or linux, i do not think this is the best forum to post it on, i would try a linux or even a wine forum. tounge.gif

Cya,

Tommis