Game randomly restarts

Teemu_Ruotsalainen

Teemu_Ruotsalainen

I've just managed to install GTA: San Andreas without a problem and have since added about 700 tracks to the user tracks radio folder.

I've been playing the game and as I was driving a car the game shut off, everything went black and my computer restarted. re loaded the game and it happened again about 30 secs after I had restarted my game

Can anyone help?

Sempron 2600

512 RAM

512MB ATI Radeon Sapphire Graphics card

Windows XP SP2

james_root

are you insane? 700 songs? thats the reason why your game is restarting . when i used to put 50 songs my game was starting to get slow you should put maximum 50 songs smile.gif

Teemu_Ruotsalainen
are you insane? 700 songs? thats the reason why your game is restarting . when i used to put 50 songs my game was starting to get slow you should put maximum 50 songs smile.gif

That would make sense but I haven't noticed the game slowing down. I'll delete most of the songs and see what happens.

james_root

make them under 50 or 100 you wont have any problems smile.gif

I got 207 user track songs and i'm still gewd..

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

Teemu_Ruotsalainen
make them under 50 or 100 you wont have any problems smile.gif

I'm afraid that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I deleted all but 50 of the music files, ran the game again, scanned the file, played the game for 10-15 mins and it happened again. When the PC restarted it couldn't load up windows cos it kept shutting off and trying to restart. Had to turn it off and on a gain and it was fine.

Any other suggestions?

Teemu_Ruotsalainen
maybe you can re-install it ph34r.gif

could do but would I lose my saved game?

I had this problem when i bought san andreas when it first came out. but i just updated my sound(integrated) it was on the motherboard. just update ur hardware and u should be fine, i updated mine and i got no problems after that. rolleyes.gif

Teemu_Ruotsalainen
I had this problem when i bought san andreas when it first came out. but i just updated my sound(integrated) it was on the motherboard. just update ur hardware and u should be fine, i updated mine and i got no problems after that. rolleyes.gif

I've actually just found what the problem is. my new graphics card was causing my computer to overheat when it ran any game for any more than 20 mins. I ran SA with the cover off the computer and it was fine.

Just needed some ventilation.